Noise Level Deck 8 Staterooms Insignia

doxiemom

My husband have I have a 7 day hold on A1 cabin for a June 5, 2010 cruise from Venice. We had intended to book one of the Penthouse cabins on Deck 8. Our trusted TA most strongly suggested that we avoid Deck 8 [where the penthouse cabins are located] becauce Deck 9 above has the pool, gym, cafe tables and the DREADED DECK CHAIRS. Could any one tell us about the noise level on deck 8? We are first time Oceania cruisers although we have cruised frequently on other cruiselines. We are looking forward to the Oceanic experience.

I asked before booking if the penthouses were bothered with noise and many answered NO. I don't mind a little noise as long as I have the butler serving me course by course dinners, nightly treats and drawing my bubble bath! Yippee!!!:D:D:D

My husband have I have a 7 day hold on A1 cabin for a June 5, 2010 cruise from Venice. We had intended to book one of the Penthouse cabins on Deck 8. Our trusted TA most strongly suggested that we avoid Deck 8 [where the penthouse cabins are located] becauce Deck 9 above has the pool, gym, cafe tables and the DREADED DECK CHAIRS. Could any one tell us about the noise level on deck 8? We are first time Oceania cruisers although we have cruised frequently on other cruiselines. We are looking forward to the Oceanic experience.

We've cruised three times in a Penthouse Suite on deck 8 . . . noise was never a problem. In fact, we've never experienced even one problem on Oceania, and love everything about them!

Was in Penthouse suite 8032 on Insignia for 10 nights in July--never had a problem with noise. We spent a pretty good amount of time in the room, as well, and experienced no problems. I say take that Penthouse suite and enjoy your cruise!!

We have been on deck 8 for every O cruise (and have also booked for an upcoming cruise) and every Renaissance cruise - never a noice problem. Hmmm... I know I am being sceptical, but is it possible that the TA gets a better deal if they sell a lower cabin??? Probably not, but if the TA has ever been on O deck 8, they would realize it is not a problem. Have sailed in the balcony cabin in rear, the ones in between the ph's and in ph's, always a relaxing and noise free atmosphere. It's not like the big ships, where the pool decks are meccas of entertainment and bands play reggae all day!

You can go wrong in any cabin, but choose what you want.

Kathie

I can absolutely tell you there is not enough noise, if any (I was on deck 8 for every one of my 15 cruises on Oceania) that would make me step away from booking a Penthouse..it is the best place to be on the ship IMHO!! There is a reson they sell out first..

Jancruz1

We were in 8010 for a Med cruise last year and there was not a single problem with noise. They were usually moving the deck chairs when we were at breakfast so it was not a problem. Remember this is not a massively huge ship and the number of deck chairs is small. We found Oceania to be really great.

We've had 3 cruises on Renaissance and 6 on Oceania, most of the time on Deck 8. Only once were we bothered by noise from above, and that was in February 2000 when we were in Cabin 8006 on the then-brand-new R5 (now Nautica). We did hear some scraping of chairs being moved above us, but it was definitely NOT a problem and easily ignored.

We heard much noise on a Vista on Deck 6 a couple of years ago caused by anchors being raised and lowered ...

Was in Penthouse suite 8032 on Insignia for 10 nights in July--never had a problem with noise. We spent a pretty good amount of time in the room, as well, and experienced no problems. I say take that Penthouse suite and enjoy your cruise!!

I was in the very same cabin this July/Aug and heard not a peep from the deck above. Pure bliss listening to the ocean below and nothing else.

My partner and I, and both sets of parents, each stayed in PH suites on Deck 8. Three separate rooms, one forward, one mid-ship, one fairly aft. None of us heard much of anything from the deck. It isn't as if there are thousands of people on the ship. When we went to the Caribbean, there were 650 people aboard, and there were practically no kids running around or anything like that on deck. I'd book the Deck 8 PH suite. They are much larger and much more comfortable than the regular balcony rooms.;)

My wife and I have been in PH on deck 8 a couple off times and never noticed any noise. You no doubt have noticed that not one person has complained of noise on deck 8 on this thread. I would suggest that you go for the Deck 8 PH. As others have said they are larger and the baths are much nicer.

Steve

We have sailed several times on Oceania (5) - always in a PH1 suite. Every time there have been scraping noises from the deck chairs being moved in the morning around 5-6am. Normally, we got used to it, but one time it was so bad, I went up to deck 9 to complain - there were several passengers with their heads outside their staterooms wondering what all the racket was about.

Just my personal experience.

Also have to agree with timbo89 about the possibility of noise coming from the pool deck above. This was our experience on our first O cruise in Jan. '08. We were located directly midship on Deck 8 but were in one of two A1 concierge cabins that are on this deck.

There were a number of mornings when we were woken up very early (4:30/5:00 am ) by quite loud banging and scraping from staff moving around deck loungers etc. above.

I would have originally taken a midship cabin on Deck 7 however none were available when we did our booking. I have some motion sickness issues.

On our 2nd O cruise this past May, I was able to get midship on Deck 7 and was very pleased with the location as well as the entire cruise experience on O. We were offered an upgrade to a PH on Deck 8 for a good price, but I wasn't going to take a chance on having noise issues occur again.

I assume though that it's probably dependent on the cabin location you get on 8 because most of the previous comments were very positive about not having a problem.

Happy Sailing.

Archived