Fascination Added Balconies!!!

carlat78

I received a call from Carnival today that Fascination is going into drydock Jan/Feb and that my cabin M211 is becoming a balcony room and that they would be charging my account an additional $100PP or I could switch to another OV room. I have a OV cat 6C booked on 2/11/10.

Has anyone else received this call?

I wondering what size the balcony is going to be? Now im a balcony lover, but I have never been on a regular size balcony. So im wondering is it worth it...

Can anyone give me any feedback

I am guessing that you have onle had extended balconies. Well the regular balconies are ( I think) about half the size of extended balconies. As far as whether you want to keep the room or not, well that would depend. How many days is the cruise? If it is 4 day one I'd say probably not worth it, 5 day maybe but it comes down to how much money you want to spend. I will say that balconies are worth it, they are the only place to be alone and "escape" the crowds. Good Luck

I received a call from Carnival today that Fascination is going into drydock Jan/Feb and that my cabin M211 is becoming a balcony room and that they would be charging my account an additional $100PP or I could switch to another OV room. I have a OV cat 6C booked on 2/11/10.

Has anyone else received this call?

I wondering what size the balcony is going to be? Now im a balcony lover, but I have never been on a regular size balcony. So im wondering is it worth it...

Can anyone give me any feedback

If they are charging you a $100 per day, you'd have to think about whether it will be worth it to you.

If they are charging you an extra $100 per person for the entire cruise, (I assume a 4 or 5 day on Fascination) the $100, as $20 or $25 extra a day, is a no brainer in my opinion.

Bill

it's 100pp total, its a 4 day cruise and would come out to be $504 PP if I keep the room. I have been on a Cat 12 balcony & a extended aft balcony so im trying to figure out what size it is.

I read some other threads that said Fascination wasnt receiving new balconies during the dry dock....I wonder what other changes they are going to make

I had one on Ecstasy and received the call that either I paid up $120 pp more or they were going to move me. I had a 6C OV. My PVP said the call comes from the Revenue Dept and she couldnt keep me in the cabin... they cant stop Revenue from moving you.

The good news is they are charging you less than they charged us. I felt threatened and bulldozed. They actually called my MOM twice and threatened her, I had accidently left her number on something. They refused to call me when my mom asked them nicely to call me both times.

You can look at the ectasy halloween week, and someone on there got the same call I did.

I had one on Ecstasy and received the call that either I paid up $120 pp more or they were going to move me. I had a 6C OV. My PVP said the call comes from the Revenue Dept and she couldnt keep me in the cabin... they cant stop Revenue from moving you.

The good news is they are charging you less than they charged us. I felt threatened and bulldozed. They actually called my MOM twice and threatened her, I had accidently left her number on something. They refused to call me when my mom asked them nicely to call me both times.

You can look at the ectasy halloween week, and someone on there got the same call I did.

I'd be pretty pissed if they called me with the situation that you guys are proposing. If it was a GTY, that's one thing. If you picked the cabin, you should get to keep it.

I read some other threads that said Fascination wasnt receiving new balconies during the dry dock....I wonder what other changes they are going to make

The balconies will be the same ones that Sensation got during her Evolutions of Fun Upgrades

Here is a copy of the letter carnival sent me:

Dear Travel Agent Partner,

We are very excited to announce that the Carnival Fascination will undergo a multi-million-dollar renovation in January 2010 that will include the addition of a new water park, adults-only retreat, and resort-style main pool area, as well as 98 balconies added to existing ocean view staterooms. Carnival Fascination will be the third ship to incorporate the additional balconies, joining Carnival Ecstasy, which will receive balconies during its dry dock in October, and Carnival Sensation which had similar work done earlier this year.

The refurbishment, which will take place during a 28-day dry dock will include a number of exciting open deck features, including Carnival WaterWorks with 82-foot-long racing slides, a splash zone and the aqua park's signature design element - a 300-foot-long Twister water slide. Carnival Fascination’s main pool on Lido deck will also be transformed with oversized umbrellas, colorful tile work and thatched roofing, creating a relaxing, resort-style ambiance. She will also receive an adults-only retreat, Serenity. The refurbishment will also include upgrades to the Sensation and Imagination main dining rooms, with the Sensation dining room being reconfigured for Your Time Dining.

Of the 98 additional private balcony staterooms, sixty-two will be located aft – with several of them featuring extended balconies – while 24 others will be located mid-ship and 12 near the stern. Several of the Carnival Fascination’s existing suites will be retrofitted with larger, extended balconies.

Prior to the January dry dock, a new Circle “C” facility for 12- to 14-year-olds will be added on Atlantic Deck 8. The facility will include plasma screen TV’s displaying movies and music videos, a high-tech sound and light system, gaming consoles and a touch-screen jukebox.

Reservations open today for the 98 new balcony staterooms onboard the Carnival Fascination’s four and five day cruises from Jacksonville. The first sailing where guests can experience these wonderful enhancements will be February 1, 2010.

As always, thank you for your continued support of Carnival Cruise Lines.

I'd be pretty pissed if they called me with the situation that you guys are proposing. If it was a GTY, that's one thing. If you picked the cabin, you should get to keep it.

My PVP and I picked it KNOWING it would be a balcony too, wasnt accidental. If we knew it would be a balcony, you would think Carnival knew too. Kinda unfair to pick a cabin and be told Carnival wouldnt honor the price of a cabin they agreed to.

I am happy in a port hole, I wouldnt have booked a particular 6C if I didnt want that location balcony. I still think its unfair, and it scared the heck out of my mom who took both calls the way they threatened her.

Forgot to add:

The cabin will not be any larger than an OV cabin

Both are 185 sq ft

Sensation's regular balcony stats are 45 sq ft

Really?? I do see this on cruisedeckplans ... interesting since regular balconys are 35 s.f. doesnt seem right... but thats what it says....?

Really?? I think most standard balconys are 35 s.f. and someone else thought their balcony on Sensation was only 30 s.f.... seems to be a lot of different figures on this?

This what they have given us.

I did think it was weird too as the cat 11 balconies are only 30

Cat 12 - 70

From looking at deck plans, the 8A and cat 11 balconies *look (to me)

the same size

OH NO and OH YES!!!! Our entire family(27 people)is going to be on the Fascination June 2010. Oh no because we have picked ov rooms side by side so we can all be together. Our rooms start with E51 and go down the line. Are we going to have to move or pay the higher price if they turn any of our rooms into balconies?Oh yes because the evolutions of fun upgrade will be complete by then--something we will greatly enjoy! This is our first cruise so we will be happy either way.:)

Archived