Last night luggage pickup

Paka

We will be going on the Golden to Hawaii in October, and have heard that you can put your luggage out the night before you dock and they take it and you don't have to worry about it till you reach your destination airport. How is that done and how expensive is it per bag? Has anyone ever done that and does your luggage arrive at the home airport for pickup? I am not sure what it is called or I would look it up.

Thanks!

We will be going on the Golden to Hawaii in October, and have heard that you can put your luggage out the night before you dock and they take it and you don't have to worry about it till you reach your destination airport. How is that done and how expensive is it per bag? Has anyone ever done that and does your luggage arrive at the home airport for pickup? I am not sure what it is called or I would look it up.

Thanks!

You put your luggage outside your room before you go to bed the last night (they will let you know what time your luggage needs to be outside your door)

Be sure you keep your carryon and what you need in the am in your cabin.

The next time you see it you will have to pick it up after you disembark the ship.

It will be arranged so it is fairly easy to find, either in alphabetical order, deck #, etc.:eek:

You will have information about this in the newletters, so not to worry.

You will have to pick your own bags up, and there will be porters if you need help.

Not sure if all cruise lines allow this, but, If you want to "self disembark" and can manage your luggage yourself, you do not have to put it out, and you can be the first off the ship.

This is a good plan if you are driving home from the port, or have your own early transportation to the airport arranged.

There is another kind of plan, depending on what airline you are flying, that will check your luggage onboard and take it to the airport for you.

There is a charge for this service, but since I've never used it I can't help you with that.

Hope this helps, Jeanne

We did the ez check-out on our cruise to Alaska. It was wonderful. The charge is 20 bucks and they also give you your boarding pass. I think we went to the pursers desk a couple days before the end of the cruise and set it all up. When we got off the ship we had no luggage to worry about and when we got to our destination it was there. I would do it again as it was nice not to have to deal with the luggage after the cruise. Now some airlines do not do it so you have to check to see if yours does.

Now some airlines do not do it so you have to check to see if yours does.

True (I disembarked the Diamond Princess yesterday and two carriers were not participating... I can't remember which ones). Also, your final destination must be in the U.S.A. or Canada. I wanted to, but couldn't use service because I flew to Asia (Korea via Japan) from Vancouver.

Thanks!

This is not offered on every cruise and very few airlines participate after 9/11.

We will be flying American Airlines from Los Angeles to St Louis, Mo. I hope we can use the service, it sounds great!! Is the $20 in addition to the airline charge for each suitcase?? And if so, when do we pay the airline...when we check in? This sounds great! No more lugging suitcases!!

This is offered at some ports and the airlines that participate vary at each port.

As stated, you must be flying only within the USA and it must be with a single airline.

Also, there is a stated time that the flight must be after.

In some ports you must first claim your luggage on shore and go through customs and then hand it off to the ez check people. In other ports, you do not have to do this.

You also will receive your boarding passes while on board.

If ez check is offered, there will be a notice in your cabin about it a few days before the end of the cruise.

We did this in Seattle. i know the $20.00 per person charge was added to our cruise bill. I think the airline charge for bags must have been put on our credit card by the cruise line but have not gotten my bill yet to confirm. Nothing needed to be done at airport, went right to the gate. Please check the gate before proceeding to it, on the monitors. When Princess printed boarding pass, the gate did change from what was on the pass. No problem, all we did was go to the new gate and wait to board. Only small line was at security.

Really nice not having to deal with suitcases. No claiming when exiting ship.

I think this can only be on flights in United States. I know coming home from Europe a few months ago couldn't do that.

You put your luggage outside your room before you go to bed the last night (they will let you know what time your luggage needs to be outside your door)

Be sure you keep your carryon and what you need in the am in your cabin.

The next time you see it you will have to pick it up after you disembark the ship.

It will be arranged so it is fairly easy to find, either in alphabetical order, deck #, etc.:eek:

You will have information about this in the newletters, so not to worry.

You will have to pick your own bags up, and there will be porters if you need help.

Not sure if all cruise lines allow this, but, If you want to "self disembark" and can manage your luggage yourself, you do not have to put it out, and you can be the first off the ship.

This is a good plan if you are driving home from the port, or have your own early transportation to the airport arranged.

There is another kind of plan, depending on what airline you are flying, that will check your luggage onboard and take it to the airport for you.

There is a charge for this service, but since I've never used it I can't help you with that.

This is great information but doesn't apply to the OP's question, which was whether there is a service whereby they could put their luggage out the night before, it would be pre-checked in for their flight, and they wouldn't see it from the time they put it out the night before until they get to their home airport.

To the OP, yes, there is a service but it depends on the airport and airlines. Have your TA check with Princess.

Archived