celebrity kids club

lssg

I have a son who will be cruising with us in November on the Equinox. He is a quiet 12 year old. He has been on princess and holland cruise lines. Will he like Celebrity? Will there be video games for him to play? I read somewhere that you have to pay to play video games in the kids club. Will he have to go with the older teens? I am asking questions that he is curious about and a little anxious about. thanks for any information you can provide me.

Hi

We cruised on the Connie for 11 nights with a 11 yr old and 14 yr old at Christmas time.

The kids clubs have several gaming systems...and some hours the little ones play, other times the middler school, and so on...I believe too there is a Wii but I think that it wasn't working or something when we cruised.

There is also a video arcade which does charge--your child can use his cabin key card (assuming you give him charging privlegdes) but I think you can use cash as well...We usually just gave the boys a limit on daily charges...same with beverages/sodas from the bars if they weren't getting punch from the buffets...

Our boys have learned that to meet kids--even if you are quiet--you have to go to the kids programs for at least the first few times to get connected. Then you can meet on deck or by the pool etc. Our younger one didn't do that on a carnival cruise--in part because the first day there were admittidly very loud girls --so he bailed..But he didn't go back--Whereas my older son did try the group a couple times and enjoyed making some friends...

On the Connie our middle schooler enjoyed the kids program, scavenger hunts etc and had a good time. Our older son met some kids and enjoyed it the first time or two but then basically just hung aorund deck and met them there...

We have some rules--

first being considerate of the other guests...so no hanging out on the stairs/in elevators etc..no running etc..

NO GOING TO ANYONE"S CABIN...EVER! etc...

We take a walkie talkie set with us and that helps us --Our 11 yr old liked to check in that way...

We were on a Christmas cruise and each of the kids got nice gifts from X.

Overall we were pelased with the program...I think all the kids were from Europe except ours...but that worked out fine...our kids are very well traveled.

There were some badly behaved kids on board--from somewhere in south america and X had some trouble getting them reigned in...I know one day while we were waiting to meet the Captn--the kids were throwing ice down the stairwells! and those trouble makers had been seen throwing towels overboard!! Our boys steered clear of that-we just ehard about it on the pool deck one day...

My advice is that he go and try the kids club programs to meet a few kids --even if he tries one or two things a few different days--that way he's sure to find a friend to play those games together..

Hope you have a lovely vacation.

We were on the Infinity a couple of weeks ago with an also quiet 12-year-old boy. Kids 12 and up were in a separate area--more like a teen lounge, called "Notes." It was more like a place to hang out. They said the younger and older teens would be separated, but they were together for many things. My son liked the scavenger hunts, but many of the other activities that were more "boy-girl" oriented, he wasn't quite thrilled about. He didn't end up spending much time there, but enjoyed the movies in the cinema and going to the video arcade (had to pay for the games here, and they were "old-fashioned" games according to my son). The Playstation and such games were in the Kids Club, which only went up to 11. We tried to talk our son into tagging along with his younger (10-year-old) sister, but he was too embarrassed. He missed the meet-and-greet activity the first night and I think had he gone, he might have had a better chance of making a friend. His sister immediately made friends in the Kids Club and we hardly saw her the rest of the cruise. I was disappointed in what was available for 12-year-olds--they really aren't at the same maturity/interest level as the older teens. That being said, my son still had a good time. Good luck and have a great time!

Archived