Does Anyone Know Who Is The Captain On The QM2 Now....

BklynBoy8

Hi All

Just wondering if any Cruise Critics recently on the QM2 can share who was their Captain?

By chance if anyone is sailing now on board, who is the Captain?

Just wondering who maybe continuing on our sailing on July 1st.

Appreciate the information.

The reports from "The Bridge 2017" event now underway (the crossing from Saint Nazaire to New York) indicate that Captain Christopher Wells is currently in command of QM2.

Thank you!

Hope to get the opportunity to meet him if he continues on...

Thank you!

I've meet him quite a few times in the kings court where they used to do pizzas and burgers, he used to eat in that small seating area..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
If there is a change it usually happens at Southampton. Captain Wells' time must be up soon as he went on when Captain Oprey ended her world voyage in May.

Capt Wells was on in February.

Captain Wells said he hopes to go on vacation mid July. He is such a nice man and I personally hope he continues to sail for many years to come. Katherine

Katherine,

Hi! DId you see the Roll Call with the Group Picture I Posted. If you want file, you can email me.

Enjoyed seeing you

Captain Peter Philpott will be moving from QV to QM2 to replace the retired Captain Kevin Oprey. Captain Christopher Wells and Captain Philpott will alternate command of Mary. If Captain Philpott hasn't already taken command he will do so in the next week or so.

Chef's Galley?

When the ship came out and for a number of years thereafter the "Chef's Galley" was an extra tariff restaurant with a demonstration kitchen. Today it's been folded into King's Court and is where you can grab a hot dog or hamburger. I don't think that "Chef's Galley" is even mentioned on the ship's signage or deck plans anymore.

Thank you!

Good luck with that. He's generally not around much. Your best bet is to shake his hand at one of the reception cocktail parties in the Queen's Room.

Good luck with that. He's generally not around much. Your best bet is to shake his hand at one of the reception cocktail parties in the Queen's Room.

Not true all the times. Our cruise did not have a Reception Cocktail Party.

We had the pleasure with a cordial invitation to have Captain Wells attend our Cruise Critics Meet & Greet during the July 1st voyage. We were very pleased of his presence with us for about a 40 minute visit.

A true gentleman and really down to earth. We even thanked him for the group picture with him.

One other voyage, Commodore Warner also accepted our invitation warmly.

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned above, Captain Stephen Howarth was the captain onboard during the July 21 crossing from Southampton. I saw him a number of times walking around the ship shaking hands with the crew and just chatting with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums