Transfer Fee

billydog

I booked cruise for September 2018. Had to change this for cruise in May 2018. Celebrity want transfer of €75 each. Is this in the terms? Anyone have any experience? I'm in Ireland.

I don't know how it works in Ireland, but in the USA Celebrity would not charge you any transfer fee.

It seems outrageous to me that they would charge you such a fee, especially considering that your cruise is so far out in the future.

Is your booking directly with Celebrity, or did you use a travel agent?

I am asking because some travel agencies do charge a transfer fee, but that fee is charged by the travel agency, not by Celebrity.

If nobody from Ireland answers you here, I would suggest trying to contact Celebrity again and speaking with a different agent in hopes of getting a different answer.

Good luck!

Yes, it's £75pp to change in the U.K. even if you have booked direct with X (I'm sure it's only applicable to the first 2 guests though), unless you've booked onboard. If you cancel, you'll lose the whole deposit. It has been mentioned on CC previously that the charge may be waived once if you are Captain's Club Elite or above.