Breakaway free ferry to St George out of commission

pmd98052

This may be good news. On a webcam sweep just before the scheduled 2:00 PM departure today, the ferry was tied up opposite the BA. On the sweep back at ~2:20 the ferry was not there. Hopefully it means it's back in service.

This may be good news. On a webcam sweep just before the scheduled 2:00 PM departure today, the ferry was tied up opposite the BA. On the sweep back at ~2:20 the ferry was not there. Hopefully it means it's back in service.

As an update. The Bohengy II (aka NCL Bermuda Ferry) returned about 4:20 and departed again for its 4:30 run. However, from what I could see on the webcam, it didn't appear to be carrying passengers. Testing, maybe?

How do you find out the Ferry times?

I am trying to plan ahead :-)

They were posted on a white board right by the ferry. I couldn't find them anywhere before that....but I didn't try too hard. They might have them at the excursions desk.

My guess is that you can't find them out before the cruise because they could change, depending on needs, the weather, etc.

We just got back form the July 16-23 cruise and the ferry was operational all three days. We went our first day in port and nd took the 11:30 ferry over to St. George which was wonderful. We avoided the massive crush at Horseshoe Bay that day. Beautiful town and so historic.

How do you find out the Ferry times?

I am trying to plan ahead :-)

If you are on the Breakaway, times are on the following link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2504449&page=3

Followed the link, but appears that the schedule is no longer on page 3 and scrolling is required to find it. Here's a link that will take you directly to the ferry schedule.

SBtS

Wednesday and Thursday boat leaves the dock at 9:00, 11:30, 2::00 and 4:30. It leaves St. George at 10:15,12:45, 3:15 and 5:45. Friday leaves dock 9:00 and heads back at 1:00

Is there still a special trip to the Harbor night on Wed? I read they will continue the festival until the 2nd week of Sept. We will be there on the 6th; and were planning to take the ferry over and back.

Wow...this comp ferry is news to me..great idea! I wonder if the they will someday also offer one to Hamilton?

And I wonder if the other cruise lines serving the Dockyards will be forced to compete, by having their own version?:cool: