Best parking lot in Galveston

texasnana

I can not remember the name of the place we used 3 yrs ago. I booked on line. any ideas?

The current list of cruise parking lots:

Discount Cruise Parking http://www.discountcruiseparking.net/

81st Dolphin Parking http://www.galvestonparking.net/

EZ Cruise Parking http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

Galveston Park N Cruise http://galvestonparkncruise.com/

Lighthouse Parking http://www.lighthouseparking.org/

Port of Galveston Parking http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

• 2 weeks later...
We have used Lighthouse Parking several times and love them. Reasonably priced if booked online and we have never waited for a bus. They are friendly and effecient. No problems with cars left either.

We have used both Lighthouse and EZ. We prefer Lighthouse becase we did not have to wait for a bus as we did with EZ.

I've never used lighthouse. I'm considering it this time. Is it closer to the Carnival terminal? I think I'm reading that correctly. Or is it closer to the Royal terminal?

You go into the same entrace for either RCL or Carnival, so Im not sure what difference it would make if one is 500 ft. closer or the other. Both Lighthouse and EZCruise are walking distance to me. Iv used EZCruise quite a few times and accidently gone to Lighthouse and had to cut back a street or two. The blocks are short.

Carnival is the terminal on the right as you face them from the street.

• 2 weeks later...
Even though this is our third cruise this is the first time we will have to park our car at the port in Galveston. We are booked with Galveston Park N Cruise, hubby wants to park in their indoor lot.

We did the Galveston Park-N-Cruise. Right across the street from the terminal. No problem at all. We had reserved our spaces (needed 3) and they made sure they were right next to each other. After the cruise, I waited with bags while DH went and got car, didn't have to wait long. Others in our group walked to the lot with all their bags and without a problem.

• 5 months later...

You didnt enjoy AZCruise??? Thats a new one. Did you have a problem or what??

I used Discount last time. I only pay to park on 7 days, because all the hotels have free cruise parking, but no shuttles, so it only pays if its a longer cruise, otherwise the taxi fees eat the money it costs to park on Ecstasy.

Discount is $5 cheaper usually than EZCruise ... but further away. Its the parking lot across from Howard Johnson's

We always park in the Port of Galveston terminal parking area and take the shuttle to the terminal building. DH lets me off with the suitcases while he parks the car and meets me back in the terminal building. When leaving to go home, there are always shuttles lined up to take us back to the parking lot. We have never had to wait. We always pay online at Galveston.com and save $5. We have never had a problem with parking. We have left out of Galveston 9 times.

We used Galveston Park N Cruise this past week when we were on the Conquest and had no issues with it. We had planned on using EZ Cruise but my Mother-in-Law said she was going to park at Park-N-Cruise, so we thought, why not, we'll give it a try.

At first I was apprehensive because when we got to the terminal I asked an officer where it was and he told me that he had never heard of it and another person had asked him the same thing a few moments earlier. He said it was probably some fly-by-night parking service. That really calmed my fears, lol.

Park-N-Cruise is directly across from the terminal and was very easy to find. There are a row of buildings that face the terminal, the parking is directly behind those buildings. We paid online $45 for outside parking and that's what we got. We found the attendant and he showed us a place to park, they gave us a ride in a golf cart and dropped us off across the street from the terminal. All in all, it was relatively stress free.

What was even better is when we returned my husband was over there and driving back with our car in no time. Five minutes tops.

I would use them again.

I do think Park n Cruise does not offer a shuttle ... thats the downside. Lucky that you got a golf cart ride to the terminal. I would park somewhere that I knew had shuttles. Park N Cruise folks mainly walk to the terminal from posts Iv read in the Gulf Ports section.

I do think Park n Cruise does not offer a shuttle ... thats the downside. Lucky that you got a golf cart ride to the terminal. I would park somewhere that I knew had shuttles. Park N Cruise folks mainly walk to the terminal from posts Iv read in the Gulf Ports section.

We weren't "Lucky" that we got a golf cart ride, they did that with everyone that parked there. While they did not drop us off at the terminal steps, they dropped us off directly across the street. We had already checked in our luggage so all we had was our carry-on.

This is the only parking service we've tried, so who knows, I might have a different view had we used multiple parking services in the past. I can only speak of what I've experienced with Park N Cruse.

Given the choice, I would rather walk across a street with my carry-on than to wait for a shuttle to take us to the terminal. By the time I'm already standing in line to board the cruise, people that use a shuttle service are sitting, or waiting, on a bus somewhere.

The best part of parking there was when we were leaving. My husband walked across the street and within minutes he was there to pick me up. As I said before, it was less than a five minute wait from the time we walked out of the terminal before we were loading up the luggage and we were off.

Edited by Sweet_Tea

Hi the reason I did not like them is they did not send enough shuttles to pick people up and had to wait at least 10 minutes for another one to show up, it wasn't a big deal but I was just wanting something different. :o I'm gong with Park N Cruise due to being able to just walk to it.:)

You didnt enjoy AZCruise??? Thats a new one. Did you have a problem or what??

... all the hotels have free cruise parking...but no shuttles,...* so it only pays if its a longer cruise, otherwise the taxi fees eat the money it costs to park on Ecstasy.

Discount is $5 cheaper usually than EZCruise ... but further away. Its the parking lot across from Howard Johnson's

*Clarification:

Many, or most, but not ALL Galveston hotels offer free cruise parking. And SOME hotels offer shuttles, free or for a fee. Just sayin'. No offense intended, Fire.

One more thing I would like to add is IF you are cruising during hurricane season, (especially if there is one brewing just before you get on the ship)

you may want to pay a little more and park at the parking garage across from the terminal. There is no shuttle or anything....but your vehicle would be safe.

These other lots are on not elevated very much....

Edited by LHP

We weren't "Lucky" that we got a golf cart ride, they did that with everyone that parked there.

We used Park N Cruise and did not get a golf cart ride. They told us where to park and we walked across the street. The walk is no big deal though and I'm glad I didn't have to get on a shuttle.

*Clarification:

Many, or most, but not ALL Galveston hotels offer free cruise parking. And SOME hotels offer shuttles, free or for a fee. Just sayin'. No offense intended, Fire.

Thats true, but so far I have yet to stay at a hotel where they didnt say sure you can park your car free during the cruise, even if its not stated on their site or anywhere.

I should have qualified my statement better.

We used Park N Cruise and did not get a golf cart ride. They told us where to park and we walked across the street. The walk is no big deal though and I'm glad I didn't have to get on a shuttle.

EZCruise is also a shot walk. .... Iv walked it as have many of others. No one makes you use the free shuttle, but its there.