Your favorite cruise

dutchiegirl

Our favorite was a Mediterranean from Venice, Dubrovnik, Ephesus and Greece. That was 10 days.

For our 30th anniversary I was able to get my husband to take two weeks off and we did a 14 day Panama complete transit.

Carribean cruises can still be fun for a non beach goer ----rum tastings are the first thing to come to mind. There's a lot of history, scenery and incredible people just waiting to be discovered among the islands. Plantations, distilleries, exotic gardens, cigars and the cruise ship itself become a part of the attraction. (Plus there's a trip for every budget and time frame).

Check out the sights of the different areas, pick one, and go! You did exactly what we did--chose Alaska first, then kept on going, and going......

I think that first one stands out mostly because it was first--and Alaska! But every other one was spectacular in its own way. We keep returning to the Med for the beauty, culture, and history.

Enjoyed the Baltic cruise for the great natural beauty and St. Petersburg. Panama was interesting. South America offered glaciers and Cape Horn.

Bottom line for me--what could be bad about being on a ship on an ocean?

Holland America Voyage of the Vikings through Boston to Canada, Iceland, Greenland, Norway to Amsterdam and back to US (you could do half of it since you wouldn't have time for the entire trip - we did half to get us to Europe for a land trip). Norway reminded me of Alaska and Iceland and Greenland were wonderful.

Holland America Passage to the Far East - it is 89 days roundtrip Southampton but you could do a part of the cruise that fits your time frame. This was my one of my favorite cruises because Asia is so different from the rest of the world - very interesting and fun.

Sent from my iPad using Forums