Pre-Cruise Hotels in Puerto Rico

Crusue

Any suggestions for a Pre-Cruise hotel with transportation to the pier in San Juan, PR?

The San Juan forum has lots of hotel threads:)....

We stayed at the Sheraton San Juan too. The hotel's kind of run down, but you can't beat the location. Cruise ships are docked directly across the street - walking is quicker than taking a cab. And the hotel is within walking distance of all the sights and restaurants of Old San Juan.

So even though it's not a very nice hotel, I would stay there again because the location is so convenient. They also have a small, but pleasant, rooftop pool.

Spooky as it sounds ... we have booked into "La Terraza de San Juan". I looked at the Sheraton and this one seems a better deal. I made an initial email inquiry regarding a late arrival and they answered my question within four hours. Very efficient and polite.

For our Wind cruise out of San Juan we met up with our best friends and cruise partners two days before embarkation and stayed on the beach outside of downtown. The hotel had a shuttle into town that we used dinner one night and just General sightseeing. Not sure about whether they would have taken us to the cruise terminal or not. We used a limo service embarkation morning as neither couple would finish well in a light packing contest. :o:D

While sailing out of San Juan earlier this year, I spent a few days at Hacienda Siesta Alegre near El Junque and enjoyed it enormously. I didn't hurt that I am enamored of both horses and serenity, and not only is this place home to the finest stables I've laid eyes to, but falling asleep to the breeze rustling through the palms and the sounds of singing coquis (tree frogs) was magical. It's about a 20 minute drive from the airport if I recall, and I just grabbed a cab to the port after returning the rental. Worked out great, and allowed me to kayak the bio bay in Vieques as well as spend time hiking El Junque. I was also able to do some riding at the Hacienda while I was there and am now secretly plotting on returning for a week or two to do only that!

Bechi