Flying out of Laguardia

donutcop

I tried doing a search but couldn't find an answer. I'm sailing on the Anthem in March 2018. We disembark on a Saturday and when pricing flights the cheapest airport by far is Laguardia. In saying that what time is the earliest I should book a flight? We'd plan to take a taxi to the airport.

I tried doing a search but couldn't find an answer. I'm sailing on the Anthem in March 2018. We disembark on a Saturday and when pricing flights the cheapest airport by far is Laguardia. In saying that what time is the earliest I should book a flight? We'd plan to take a taxi to the airport.

What is the price differential? It will cost you about $125 to get to LGA by car service and about $40 for 2 people to get to EWR. Price out the total costs of airfare, hotel and transportation before you book any flights.

What is the price differential? It will cost you about $125 to get to LGA by car service and about $40 for 2 people to get to EWR. Price out the total costs of airfare, hotel and transportation before you book any flights.

Flying into LGA is about $600 cheaper total.... so quite a difference

Or, do as we're doing and take a taxi to the nearest subway station and transfer to the Q70 bus. Should be around $20 total for two to LGA. We disembark at 9 AM with a 1:45 flight. Details here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2526352

Or, do as we're doing and take a taxi to the nearest subway station and transfer to the Q70 bus. Should be around $20 total for two to LGA. We disembark at 9 AM with a 1:45 flight. Details here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2526352

Your strategy will work well because you are sailing from the Manhattan Cruise terminal. The OP is sailing from Cape Liberty in Bayonne, NJ, which is a more expensive complicated trip across state lines.

Flying into LGA is about $600 cheaper total.... so quite a difference

That is a big difference! What are you doing for your precruise hotel?

If you're interested, public transit info can be provided to get you to the Q70 bus, but you'd have to allow plenty of time for the trip.

For OP, you might've read about LGA's ongoing airport major re-development & massive construction, which is going quite nice lately ... unlike this Spring (there's a 411 here on that)

Unless you are using Delta/alliance partner, you are likely using the Central Terminal, better known still - as Terminal B (AA, UA, B6, AC & Southwest, etc.) - suffice to say, even if you do Self Walk-Off on a Saturday from AOS at Cape Liberty, I would "not" book a flight any earlier than 1 PM, 2 PM or later is better.

Traffic is generally lighter on weekend mornings but going thru NYC's tunnels & bridges are never predictable, on top of weather, allow 90+ minutes for the curbside-to-curbside transfers ... a longer, less direct but faster route might be going up the NJ Turnpike for I-95 North to the Geo. Wash. Bridge into upper Manhattan & then across the RFK Bridge into Queens for LGA - that 3 sets of tolls.

For simplicity & comfort, a car service (Dial7 or Carmel) would be the best bet for a confirmed, quoted flat rate for making the flight connection. Carol/138east & other C.L. regulars can speak about the odds of ship delays but for our own air travel, we much rather get there too early & hangout near the boarding gate and/or get lounge access than to sit in the backseat & sweat it out with gridlocked traffic conditions.