The Crown Grill has slipped another notch....

Honeybees

Pam,

Did you like the filet mignon at the Hill Top? When you lived in Boston.

Tony

Unfortunately, the Hill Top began injecting meat tenderizers into low grade beef.(the big decline!) It gave you the appearance of soft tender filet, but it wasn't! My parents & I caught on to that stunt real quick.

And they didn't drop the price from $29 to $25 as with Sabatini's Trattoria. I wonder when they will start limiting your choices in the MDR [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They already have. Two examples:

o Beef medallions gone from always available options

o Lesser number of dessert choices each evening

The question is not that there are fewer choices but rather will they limit you to only one from each category like in the specialty restaurants??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check this thread regarding the Crown:

Limited to one entrée only in fixed dining room- how did I miss this rule?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2533914

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same could be said for the passengers. Dress styles are getting more casual to the point of sloppiness - people would wear bathing suits and tank tops in the MDR if they could get away with it. Behavior is becoming less civilized - people are ruder and less patient than ever, with their "It's my vacation" attitude on full power mode. And people expect more for less money - they demand bargain basement fares, but then demand all the bells and whistles while complaining about deteriorating service levels.

Yep, there are certainly a lot of cutbacks noticeable these days, but mostly it's with the passengers!

I completely agree.

Here is my take on Crown Grill. Was on Emerald Jul 9th trip; but unlike the OP my family and I loved the food/ the wait staff/ and the ambiance. My two grandkids and my wife all had the surf and turf; two lobster tails plus filet mignon. Everything was cooked to perfection; food came quickly; waitstaff was excellent and we did not mind paying an extra $10 for lobster. It was worth the money just to see the kids loving their dinner. Rolls/butter excellent; Hot rolls and they brought seconds. Dessert Choices were great. We all had dessert. Grandson had the sample platter of desserts. Awesome. We also ate in Crown grill for breakfast every morning. Wait staff was over the top with service; food was cooked to order and the coffee was fresh; and so were the pastries. We had quite a variety of pastry choices each day. So we were happy campers or should I say cruisers.

Is it extra to eat breakfast in the crown grill?

Breakfast in the crown grill is a Suite perk. The extra cost is paying for a Suite.

Sometimes the Suite breakfast in Sabatini's. Depends on ship.

Oh yeah, that's right. I was in a suite last time and we all our breakfasts upstairs