Mattress toppers

jenyfur121

What are the benefits of a mattress topper?

thanks.

If you have an "older" mattress, it can be lumpy. Some report a crater effect where many, many bodies have been. Some report they could feel the bed frame supports. Some say too hard, others say too soft. YMMV

Never had a really bad mattress...we've been lucky.

What are the benefits of a mattress topper?

thanks.

We get it as dh is able to feel the seam where the 2 beds are placed together.

jenyfur121

Today 09:42 AM

I don't have a travel agent and I don't see anywhere on the paperwork for special requests. Hopefully once we board we can request. Thank you

You can call princess directly and ask for it ahead of time or I believe that they do have plenty to request once on board. But if nervous that they will be out and you think/feel you will for sure need one then I would call princess and ask for it to be added.

Here is where I send my requests. I send them in early:

Princess Cruise Lines

"Special Services"

Fax number is 661-284-4885

Requesting egg cratemattress pad

Ship name:

Date:

Name: Booking#

Cabin #

Contact number: Email:

Aren't all Ruby mattresses new? We had a new mattress on our April Ruby cruise. We were in a mini-suite. It was wonderful... no "topper" needed.

The Princess webpage states the Luxury Beds are now on the Ruby.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/princess-luxury-bed/

Several years ago they began to offer a pillowtop mattress pad but we couldn't pre-order it like we could with the eggcrate pads. Apparently there are fewer pillowtop pads & we've had to request them from our cabin attendant when boarding the ship.

My experiences have been that the pillowtop pads were much better than the broken down eggcrate pads. Although adding a pad shouldn't be necessary if all of the reports I've read praising the Luxury Beds are true. :)

Aren't all Ruby mattresses new? We had a new mattress on our April Ruby cruise. We were in a mini-suite. It was wonderful... no "topper" needed.

There have been posts from cruisers of a couple of ships that were supposed to have new mattresses already and their mattress was still an old one.

Replacing mattresses in a fleet as big as Princess is always an ongoing process.

We are three in a stateroom so one of us will have to be on the upper bunk. Can you get a mattress topper for the top bunk or only for the regular beds? Would be great if we can because the mattress on the top bunk is pretty thin.

We are three in a stateroom so one of us will have to be on the upper bunk. Can you get a mattress topper for the top bunk or only for the regular beds? Would be great if we can because the mattress on the top bunk is pretty thin.

My experiences have been that the pillowtop pads are queen size only.

Although our cabin steward folded one in half for my lower twin bed mattress. That was on a month long cruise but it might not be routinely done.