Buying alcohol pre-board

Tat2edbeauty

You can't take alcohol on board Carnival with the exception of one bottle of wine or champagne (750ml or less) per adult over 21, in your carry on. Unless you mean buying it in advance from Carnival and having it delivered to your room. If that is what you mean, the pros are delivery to your room so, convenience. The con's, it's pricey, but I guess no more than buying it by the glass. I don't drink that much so couldn't do a price comparison there.

I was told it's better to buy a bottle of alcohol before even getting on the boat.

Can anyone tell me the pro and cons?

If you wait to buy it on the ship you have to order it from room service and be in your cabin until it arrives. If you order it from Fun Shops ahead of time it will be waiting for you in your cabin. I know that I'd rather have it waiting for me rather than the other way round:D.

One 1L bottle is the same as 22 shots, so do the math. 7.50$ for a Crown and coke on the ship, compared to 95 dollars for a full litter of Crown + the 12 pack of coke you bring (5$) it comes out to $4.55. You end up saving 2.95 a glass or 64.90 for 22 glasses. Now if you drink a double the saving are a lot less, but I forget what the total price it is for the double but I do recall it is somewhere around 3 dollars more.

1 liter is 33.8 oz.

Pour a 1 oz. shot you get 33 drinks approx

Pre-purchase from Bon Voyage it's there waiting for you.

It is less expensive buying a bottle or two. Take a bubba mug and you have to make less trips to room.

Yes you can make a drink and take it anywhere. If you like Vodka and lemonade just go Lido Buffet for your lemonade/mixer.

$95 for the bottle. Wow. Cheers! is roughly $400 (including gratuity) for the week and you aren't limited to any particular type of alcohol. Four bottles or anything you want -- up to 15 drinks/day. At that point, Cheers! seems like a no-brainer.

$95 for the bottle. Wow. Cheers! is roughly $400 (including gratuity) for the week and you aren't limited to any particular type of alcohol. Four bottles or anything you want -- up to 15 drinks/day. At that point, Cheers! seems like a no-brainer.

For those that like to try different drinks 🍹 or don't want that bar bill at the end you are correct Cheers is a no brainer.

People become hung up on the 15 drinks limit and think they HAVE to drink that many.

Reality is closer to 6-8 drinks. ( Any combination of mixed, ice cream, frozen, martini's, or Achlemy Bar )

2 Bailey's and coffee

3-4 afternoon yes that includes port days

2 Pre-dinner drinks usually Martini's

1-2 with dinner

2 after dinner

10-12 drinks over a 10-12 hr. Period.

Typical cruise day.

This is indeed true, but let me offer the other viewpoint. My husband drinks Crown Royal (and rarely anything else) and while on vacation he plans to drink a lot (sigh). I however don't really drink at all, on a cruise I might have one souvenir cup drink, but I am just as likely to ask for that to be nonalcoholic if possible. (It's the taste of alcohol that makes me an infrequent drinker, not any moral qualms). I do drink diet soda, almost to the exclusion of water. I don't drink coffee, juice, etc. but I have a diet soda in my hand or at bedside nearly 24/7. So the perfect set up for us would be for him to have Cheers and for me to have Bottomless Bubbles. The catch is that all adults in the stateroom have to buy Cheers if it is purchased (at least if it is purchased precruise- which all of our expenses have been) which means roughly $800 for him to enjoy his Crown Royal. Cheaper to buy by the glass at that rate! So I have pre ordered 2 bottles of Crown Royal delivered to the room. After gratuity, tax (if there was any) it cost me around $200. That is more than enough to keep him in alcohol the entire 7 day cruise and my Bottomless Bubbles (that is just mine) is a pittance in comparison. I am counting it as a nearly $600 savings for us- which I will promptly spend on excursions! :D And there is nothing stopping us from buying by the drink if we choose to try something different (or a milkshake, etc.) and the math still works in our favor.