Shareholder Benefit - Not

CruseKrazy

I have just been informed by shareholder relations that we are not eligible for the shareholder benefit ($200 OBC when you hold 100 or more shares in parent RCCL) on an upcoming cruise. The fare we booked includes the classic drink and prepaid gratuities packages.

I thought many had said here on CC that getting this benefit applied had not been a problem for them. Hence I was surprised when they said that the shareholder benefit cannot be combined with any other OBC offer, sail away event, special price discount etc.

It is after final payment date so apparently nothing can be done. Have others had this experience recently? As most X cruises have some kind of OBC offer you wonder how often the shareholder benefit is ever given.

Sent from my Classic using Forums mobile app

RCI Stockholder credit has become a total joke, in the past few years. At one time they would allow you to "stack" credits so you would simply add the stockholder credit to other credits and promos. But for the past few years they have adopted a "no stacking policy" which essentially makes the stockholder credit worthless. In fact, if you do get a stockholder credit this apparently means you did a bad job booking a cruise...because you missed out on promos.

For what its worth, this is not the case with CCL (Carnival, HAL, Princess, Seabourn, etc) companies that still readily "stack" credits.

So what to do? You might consider selling your stock. We paid about $35 for our RCI stock which gave us a nice return with dividends and stockholder credits. But now, perhaps its time to sell. In fact, perhaps its time for most folks to sell.

Hank

I have just been informed by shareholder relations that we are not eligible for the shareholder benefit ($200 OBC when you hold 100 or more shares in parent RCCL) on an upcoming cruise. The fare we booked includes the classic drink and prepaid gratuities packages.

I thought many had said here on CC that getting this benefit applied had not been a problem for them. Hence I was surprised when they said that the shareholder benefit cannot be combined with any other OBC offer, sail away event, special price discount etc.

It is after final payment date so apparently nothing can be done. Have others had this experience recently? As most X cruises have some kind of OBC offer you wonder how often the shareholder benefit is ever given.

Sent from my Classic using Forums mobile app

Princess allows the shareholder benefit regardless of other benefits. I, too, was annoyed Celebrity would not give it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For a number of years we have only been able to use the shareholder benefit when on re-positoning cruises.

I got it for my upcoming Trans Atlantic. But I have booked Exciting deal cruises and got it with them as well.

Bought the 100 shares back when they were cheap-cheap and have got more than what they cost me in OBC times two! :D

I just requested the credit on a TA booked under an Exciting Deals offer. I was told I was not eligible for the shareholder credit. Are you saying you got it under the same circumstances? Thanks.

I got it for my upcoming Trans Atlantic. But I have booked Exciting deal cruises and got it with them as well.

Bought the 100 shares back when they were cheap-cheap and have got more than what they cost me in OBC times two! :D

Yes, the "Shareholder Benefit" is really disappointing now since it's almost impossible to book and not receive some sort of benefit, and once you do then you are no longer eligible for the shareholder benefit. Therefore the "shareholder benefit" is basically a sham. Shareholders should get the benefits on top of any other benefits provided by Celebrity to the general public when booking. The shareowners own the company and have provided capital.

In August I sailed Azamara which is also owned by RCL. While I've not received the shareholder benefit for numerous Celebrity sailings, I did for my AZ cruise even though I had free gratuities and $1,100 OBC. I was in a standard V3 cabin.

I also own CCL and had no difficulty getting the OBC for my upcoming HAL cruise. I requested it 6 months in advance.

Guess which cruise lines appreciate their shareholders and which don't?

I don't think I did a lousy job of booking and being able to get shareholder benefit. I just got off Equinox where I booked a RS with the resident discount of $1700 off regular price with perks. The only perks I gave up were $300 OBC and $340 in grats. I then got $200 in shareholder credit and $200 in POSTTHANKYOU. So I think I Did a pretty good job and still got Shareholder credit.

And by the way had a spectacular cruise.

I don't think I did a lousy job of booking and being able to get shareholder benefit. I just got off Equinox where I booked a RS with the resident discount of $1700 off regular price with perks. The only perks I gave up were $300 OBC and $340 in grats. I then got $200 in shareholder credit and $200 in POSTTHANKYOU. So I think I Did a pretty good job and still got Shareholder credit.

And by the way had a spectacular cruise.

I may be missing something here. You gave up $640.00 in additional perks, to get $400.00. Could you please explain how this is in your favor?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I may be missing something here. You gave up $640.00 in additional perks, to get $400.00. Could you please explain how this is in your favor?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What I said was I gave up perks and was able to use shareholder OBC.

I gave up the $640 in perks by booking a resident discount saving $1700.

Then was able to get additional OBC

I was refuting the statement that giving up perks to be able to get shareholder credit was someone being stupid.

• 5 months later...