Coast to Coast Island Drive, Hell and Beach Break

Astra616

I'm trying to see if anyone has done this particular excursion through Carnival. It is called Coast to Coast Island Drive, Hell and Beach break. It includes a tour ride to Hell, Rum Cake factory, the Blow Holes, the Wreck of the Ten Sails, Rum Point and the Old Guard House. It is a 5 hour tour booked through Carnival but there are no reviews. I keep checking to see but nothing so far. It is $79.99 a person. I'm not sure if it worth the cost and I don't want to spend the money if it is going to be a bad experience. My husband and I would prefer to do a historical tour of the island if anyone has any suggestions.

Sounds like a decent experience, if you want a tour and some history! Ship's tours are usually pretty good....at least, the few we've taken have been. We usually just do our own thing...but ship's tours are fool-proof, so if you don't want to do research and do stuff on your own, this is the way to go!

The tour schedule sounds like a LOT of driving with relatively little time to enjoy each destination. And as I passed the Blowholes today I saw tour buses pulling up even through the wind and ocean swell directions were all wrong so those tourists really saw nothing special.

Time can be better spent by renting a car and covering some spots on your own. Though none of the stops on the tour described in the OP have an admission charge it likely would be cheaper to rent the car, go it alone, and include a couple sites that do charge admission.

For a historical tour I usually recommend visiting Pedro St James historic site. More to see of a historic nature and an absolutely fabulous view of the sea looking out over Pedro bluff.. Get a rental car and you might can combine this with a stop at the Mission House (tours by reservation ONLY, contact details at link). If you have time make your first stop at Pure Art, a local favorite of an art shop in South Sound, and see a variety of local works.

I keep hoping that tours at Mind's Eye, Cayman's only World Monument Fund listed site which is the former home of Caymanian folk artist Ms Gladwyn Bush better known as Miss Lassie, will become available for cruise ship visitors. As it stands tours are only twice a month on Saturdays and by appointment only.