UKstages

Members
About Me

Recent Profile Visitors

2,107 profile views

UKstages's Achievements

1,000+ Club

1,000+ Club (7/20)

1. is there a chance a mistake has been made? a typo, perhaps? they meant to honor "demographic guy" for his work compiling statistics about those attending the games? but they notified you by mistake? i do hope they don't withdraw the honor!
  2. can you accept that different people may have had different experiences onboard NCL ships? that has been my personal lived experience onboard NCL ships and i stand by my statement. even assuming somebody gets "black flagged" on an NCL speedway. have you considered that until that happens, they can still hit other cars intentionally or otherwise?
  3. not scary, but it does seem that some people, particularly kids, think these are bumper cars and the idea is to crash into every car they see! most ships have an hour or two set aside for solo cars... where you go through the course on your own, with nobody else on the course. the idea there is that you do laps for timing and try to beat your own personal best time. but, obviously, a solo ride would allay most of your concerns. not sure if the joy has solo ride hours or not, but i assume they do.
  4. pleas understand that the haven restaurant is provisioned for each service. they will only have in stock the food they need to prepare menu items. so, if you want something unique made from items already on the menu, they can probably do it. if you want something completely different that would require unusual or irregular ingredients, you'd have to request that a day or so in advance, so they can make sure it gets provisioned to the kitchen for that meal service.
  5. what an interesting question. but i'm not sure you can do that. yes, you can get a taxi from one area in puerto plata to another, but aren't the amenities within the port area reserved for the folks who are docked there? can others crash? i'm not saying you can't... i'm just questioning the logistics as to how you might be able to do that. the port areas are not public spaces.
  6. congrats on being inducted to your high school's athletic hall of fame! you should be fine with flying in on the same day. no judgment. as you point out, there are plenty of alternate flights in case of a mishap.
  7. that is so interesting,. my perspective is a little different. in my experience, the crowding in the specialty restaurants actually thins out by the end of the end of the cruse because most people will have used their FAS specialty dining and their platinum and above coupons by then... especially true on longer cruises, such as transatlantics and transpacifics.
  8. the wording on the "dress code" sign (available at the host desk at most restaurants) stipulates: "daytime, 24-hour and food hall: coverups, shirts and footwear are required."
  9. edocs, and thus the bar code, is available within the app. but i recommend taking a screen shot of the bar code in case the app fails or you don't have phone or internet service at the pier. all you need to check in at the terminal is the bar code. but i do recommend you save a pdf of your edocs on your computer, phone or tablet.
  10. it is not documented anywhere because it is not true.
  11. yes, but old habits die hard... i see, just as with the lox and bagel, you were able to secure a "double order" of toast this morning.
  12. he had trouble with his camera during both of the shows i attended recently on the getaway, too. i am beginning to think there is no actual technical flaw... it may be a planned distraction to allow him to perform certain tricks. enjoying your report. have fun!
  13. i understand now what you're saying. unfortunately, yes, just as with latitudes status, the CAS tier (and associated benefits) doesn't kick in until the next cruise. those are the rules. i think they're silly, but i've experienced this myself. i hit "elite" on my last cruise, but won't enjoy the benefits until i sail in a couple of weeks. i'm glad they "waived" the convenience fees, but i agree with you that they didn't really waive them if they essentially took them out of your earned comp. are you playing table games or slots? either way, a 40K actual loss should earn 3K+ in comps based on my primitive calculations and without knowing the length of the cruise, how long you played or the theo of the machines/games.
  14. they are usually available the next day. it can take up to 24 hours, but it's usually 12 - 14 hours. they will usually send you an email inviting you to download your edcocs.
  15. the joy does have some high top tables up front and in the back. most seat four or six. for solo dining, the biggest problem is not finding a table... it's keeping it. when you go up to get another drink or select more food, sometimes they will clear your table and somebody else will claim it. you'll either need to befriend people dining nearby and ask them to look out for you, or talk to the waiter who clears your table and tell them you'll be returning shortly. if you intend to eat at the buffet a lot, i recommend printing out a sign at home and bringing it with you... "table occupied. be right back."