Skiing, camping, soccer, coffee, tea, dogs, national parks, history
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    NCL
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Bermuda

Recent Profile Visitors

4,291 profile views

cruiseny4life's Achievements

1. It would be wonderful if you could join us! We will have a merry time with Travelicious!
  2. Not that it's a bad thing, but we are pretty much locked in to the New Orleans cruise. While I would love to be out of work for 11 straight (or more) business days, my boss is not excited with that prospect. It seems my presence is expected at work, despite me being wholly unimportant to the operation of the business! Big Easy it is in early 2025. 2026, however, we'll see what NCL puts out. Maybe I'll win the lottery I rarely play and not worry about work by then!
  3. Ooo!! Do look. The prices seem decent for that cruise right now. It would be wonderful to have you along for the float.
  4. I'm good with that! We're a group of friends who are going to sail together. Some will go. Some will not. But, we'll all have an amazing time talking, sharing ideas and experiences, and just enjoying our odd duck online friendships that sometimes evolve to real life! I'm excited!
  5. You sure you didn't gorge yourself on that 20 ounce burger they have?? That would have even me seeing stars!
  6. Ahh, got it! It was still steak frites in November when I sailed. But, a lot can happen in seven months. Interesting new menu that I like. @RocketMan275 - to answer your question, I do like this new, updated menu that @Sthrngary posted. I would like to see another appetizer or two, but I would be happy for a week living off those three apps! I'm glad to see the Nicoise Salad added and the other three kept. No difference to sandwiches - here, again maybe another sandwich or two. Or, a "handheld" that's not quite so traditional like flautas (main dining room does have these and they're great) or tacos. As for the other side, loving the addition of berries and mango in Grand Marnier (whatever that is). The entrees, for me, are ok. The husband won't be quite as fine without the shrimp alfredo (maybe they would do a special request here with adequate notice). I'm surprised there's only baby cow and no grown up cow on the menu. I think most folks want a "lighter" lunch menu though. And, lord knows, prime rib/filet is plenty at dinner! I think one of my other issues with the Haven lunch is the service. It's just so damned formal. I'm not a formal guy. I can do it - I've been to plenty of dinners with all sorts of whoevers. Heck, I even know what a fish knife is. I just don't want to do it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I appreciate diner grammy's - you know, the older ladies that call you "honey," "sweetie," or whatever when they bring a plate of fries with a chicken sandwich. But, hey! The Haven it is for me, so I'll continue Havening.
  7. I've never seen that menu before, so it's either very old or brand spanking new. My husband will be extremely upset if it's a new menu. I'll be ok with it as it looks to be better than before. I never really liked the Delmonico with fries, so getting rid of steak frites won't impact me. I'm sure some will be sour they have to suffer with a pork chop, rather than a cut of steak for lunch though. I'm definitely going to wait for more evidence of this menu being rolled out before believing it though.
  8. That's easy! Bring back the previous American Diner menu. Since American Diner no longer exists in it's previous form (RIP mozzarella sticks and shrimp/lobster rolls, chicken sandwich), let's go with Food Republic. I'll take that. For ships without, meh, it doesn't matter to me. Will it happen? Probably not. Oh well...we'll just head to the Haven for our lunch. Or, for V!va/Pr1ma, Indulge Food Hall if it ain't wicked crowded. MDR is open for lunch, for anyone that would like to head there.
  9. Oh schmoopie....we're going to be so close to y'all! We'll be leaving New Orleans for a 7 day cruise on February 2nd, heading to the Western Caribbean. I'd love to see Dubrovnik. Are you going on a land-based vacation or cruise? Nothing's posted for 2026 yet. We could do a Med cruise. A few private shore excursions between members could be a strong possibility!
  10. We lived in Saratoga Springs for awhile and ventured to the library often. They had small cafe with drinks and yummy food. You just need to find the right library! Back in the day, like way back when this one was 13/14 years old, I was responsible for the small village library on Wednesday evenings from 5 - 8 PM. I ate dinner at the desk while helping patrons check books out. A wee little (ok, I wasn't little back then either) lad of a book nerd I was then.
  11. They're coming back! Gen Z'ers love 'em. Sorry if you hit the pay wall: https://www.washingtonpost.com/style/of-interest/2024/03/13/disposable-cameras-gen-z/
  12. I agree on all points! We never had the opportunity to feast at Food Republic on embarkation day. Rather, we went to American Diner. Sure the food isn't "upscale" and hoity toity, like the Haven, but it is a very welcome deviation from the rather uninspired lunch menu the Haven has. It's the only menu that I wish would change. In November, since we were on Pr1ma, we missed American Diner as there isn't one onboard. No other specialty restaurant was offered. I guess that was preparing us for the American Diner menu change! I'm glad there are others out there that don't enjoy the Haven's lunch.