calliopecruiser

Members
About Me

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

calliopecruiser's Achievements

5,000+ Club

5,000+ Club (9/20)

1. Because my current provider doesn't offer that. Good cell service in my rural area is pretty spotty as it is, and a budget carrier isn't a company I'd trust.
  2. So do I, which is why I don't. But I also don't change cell phone providers every time I take a trip. Local SIM cards, or global eSIMs are my preferences. I also don’t buy cellphones Well, you don't buy cellphones for yourself, at least. (Maybe you don't buy your son's.....I assumed you did, but I realize I don't know how old you and he are.)
  3. No - all you can do is take your business elsewhere. I guess the other thing you could do is look at is as an opportunity, and start a company yourself that offers such things. They're entitled, for whatever reason, to have legal limits on what they offer. My guess is that the limits are set by their insurance company.
  4. Yea. Fish and vegetables. Not red meat, which is what you said was a problem for you. It may not be to your liking, but you can't claim that the menu doesn't offer different options. It's not unusual for me to go to a restaurant where I'm not thrilled with the option, or there are things on the menu I don't like......That's life. You also have the option of not going to that restaurant.
  5. It's a small menu, but half of it is not red meat.
  6. They're also only available if they are your cellphone carrier and you want to pay their roaming rates - but that's not what this discussion is about. It's about using local carriers around the world so we don't have to pay outrageous Canadian roaming charges.
  7. There is no voice service (i.e. phone) with an eSIM like Airalo. You can do WiFi calling with apps other than WhatsApp, but the lack of phone calls is the only weak spot for eSIMS.
  8. No doubt - I was just commenting about how this is a problem all cruise lines face, and the lines should be flexible enough to manage it.
  9. Although it's not the rules, in my experience most luxury cruises are adults only. And those few youngsters or teens that might be on board are quiet, self-entertaining, and well behaved. In about 6 or 7 cruises, I've seen 2 children under 10, and no teenagers.
  10. I hope so! I'd hate to see it die again because of bad management.
  11. Yes, some of the cancelled cruises are still up - they haven't made all the changes they need to. My cancelled Piraeus to Mumbai cruise is still on their website too.
  12. I too like my experiences with Airalo e-SIM. I've used it in the UK, Norway, Netherlands, Mexico, and the US. If I really, absolutely needed to make a voice call, I switched back to my Fido SIM, made the call, and accept the $15 a day charge for roaming with FIdo 😞
  13. A very average menu, in my opinion......That doesn't mean the food won't be good - or great - but there's nothing particular about it that tells me I want to put it on my "must do" list. I thought Churrascaria was the best place to eat on the ship, other than UmiUma, and I was sad to see it go. I agree that Tastes was overrated, but I happily joined friends there when they wanted to eat there and enjoyed my meal. Different strokes.....
  14. I much prefer the new routed cruises, as they have more sea days and don't repeat places like the Athens - Mumbai voyage did. That one also had way too many overnights (3) in Dubai - well, same as Cape Town I guess. Different strokes...... I'm booked on the first 3 legs Barcelona to Ghana to Cape Town to Seychelles.
  15. They ditched the last 10 days (Piraeus to Piraeus), and instead the ship goes Piraeus to Barcelona for 7 days instead.