Alaska

Recent Profile Visitors

8,280 profile views

island lady's Achievements

40,000+ Club

40,000+ Club (8/15)

• "Live from...." Rare

Recent Badges

1. I guess I don't understand why you even posted this thread and asked if it is permitted. You got your answer. It simply was not what you wanted to hear?
  2. The point you are missing...is not that we are un American, we love our American flag like anyone else...just that it is against the rules posted with RCI to hang it (or anything) on your balcony that you agree to in your cruise contract. Once again, the OP innocently asked a simple question "Is it permitted"?. The answer: No, nothing permitted to hang on your balcony. End of discussion.
  3. Oooooh.... 🥰 That sounds nice! We will be on X in Feb/March 2026 with Gary and Mary. Then following that...we are back to Viking out of Hong Kong to Vancouver. So afterwards, later in 2026 is also available. 🙂 Soooo much out there to enjoy!
  4. Sounds like fun! Will be looking forward to that on Connie, and later on with you two on Apex. Thanks! Hope you and the bride continue to enjoy your time on board! 🙂
  5. We used the complimentary coffee machines quite a lot on our Viking cruise. Mmmm...Lattes. Problem is they just "have" to temp you with those donuts and pastries right next to the machine. How dare they!!....errr....munch...munch. 😊
  6. Thanks...have been checking them out closely. I have a big "hole to fill" from Dec. 2025 to Feb. 2026. Nice we are now status match as Venetian too! I think (due to that time of the year) it may be another return to Antarctica again. Saw one of the newer Silverseas ships down there a few months ago. 🙂 In a perfect world, it would be an embarkation or overnight visit in Ushuaia. Gosh I love that town! Food is not bad either. 😉
  7. This exactly!! ^ Though on ships like Oasis class, we love to sit at the bar in the SL just before dinner at CK. Easier to transfer existing drink to table. 😄
  8. Yeah, we are always issued a Pinnacle color card when we sail in suites on Royal. Then the concierge likes to chase us down to change it to suite's color. IMHO..I think that is mostly for the SL bartenders to get clued in to not charge our vouchers though. Usually not a problem for us, since they get to know us pretty quickly. 😉
  9. Gary, does X have an upper tier party like Royal does, that shows total loyalty numbers? Or can you ask what the breakdown is? I usually will ask the concierge or LA if there is no event.
  10. And for those that may not know (as I know that you already do) the big theme park ships cannot fit under the Sunshine Skyway bridge. So, unless the cruise lines decide to build new smaller ships...there will only be the leftover small older ships. Older ships...no amusement park atmosphere...less kids....more of us old farts. 😉 And no...the majority of older more relaxed cruisers don't need to spend a lot of money on flash and splash things on a cruise. But those older cruisers sail how many times a year, versus the maybe once a year 3-5 night cruises that the families do?
  11. In my perfect world, they would put a Silverseas in Tampa!! 🥰
  12. It falls into the ocean and becomes sea trash. Hence the rules you would be ignoring. Why can't you display it on the inside of your balcony glass?
  13. Yup...RCI has now decided that we matter after all. Amazing. 😉