Europe, Alaska, Iceland, Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

3,421 profile views

mauibabes's Achievements

1,000+ Club

1,000+ Club (7/20)

• Holiday Sharing Rare

Recent Badges

1. @Redtravel i hate the competitive bidding because you never know where you stand. We have been offered an upgrade for a fixed amount and when it has been in our best interest, we did purchase the upgrade. Sometimes we have traveled with family and friends and been offered Owners Suites and Oceania Suites. They were great places to host friends and we paid a lot less than “full boat”. Best time ever was the Owners Suite in Alaska. What a wonderful way to see the glaciers, duck in for some Hot Toddies or Cocoa, and then back out on our huge veranda. Yep, got to find more ways to add a buck to the P&L Sheets. Mauibabes
  2. I guess if I wanted an Upgrade, I better pay for it up front, hate bidding. Mauibabes
  3. Thanks MEFIowa, I will check out the Baristas coffee brand on Riviera and Marina in November. I had heard of some changes but did not know if it was all ships or just some. I seem to remember it was not Illy on Vista last October but then I could be wrong. TC coffee was never that good, quit drinking it long ago but recall the coffee in the GDR was good for breakfast, but I can’t drink it at dinner, not ever Decaf. Mauibabes
  4. basor’s experience is like mine. Since you have a single Booking number for the three segments, you should have received approximately a 5% discount for each one as a b2b2b so not eligible for 3 Shareholder Credits. I am sure your discount fared better than perhaps a $100 per cruise SBC. If not, find another TA. O does limit the number of discounts and credits that can be earned and stacked. Just enjoy 👍😇 Mauibabes
  5. To my knowledge neither the Concierge nor Executive Lounges are locked, Open 24/7. Now if I wanted GREAT Coffee and was willing to throw on something more than a bathrobe, I would head up to Baristas and have a cup or two made for me to either drink there or take back to my room. If I had a Butler, I would ask him to bring my Baristas coffees to my room at a specific time or I would call him if I was planning to sleep in a bit longer, especially on a Sea Day. You are on Oceania so don’t limit your thinking to any mass market lines processes. It never hurts to ask for what you want and if it can be done, it will be, they aim to please. Mauibabes
  6. I can definitely agree with you, Broken down for 3 months is BAD but we have no idea what is wrong and why they can not get the parts or the proper staff from the elevator company aboard to make the necessary repairs. It is definitely a Bummer and requires all the guests to plan ahead or leave for the restaurants a little earlier since there is only one operating Aft elevator. I will go with inconvenient for sure but it won’t take long on every cruise segment for the guests to know of the problem and become a bit more flexible in dealing with it. Thanks to the past cruisers for making this issue known. Mauibabes
  7. We will be on Marina in November so the elevator issue will probably not be resolved. Glad we are booked toward the front elevators so it will not be an issue for us but I can see where it will bothers those Aft. Now I just have to remember to never walk to the Aft elevators to go for meals. I guess we will just get in more “Steps”, what a great weight management program 👍🤪🛳️🤙 Weight Watchers beware. Mauibabes
  8. @cindivan Yes you can book another guest to join you for dinner in a specialty. When you make the reservation you will just need your friends Booking number. You can do it on line, or have your TA assist you or just call Oceania Reservations. Enjoy, Mauibabes
  9. My guess is you are in UK, correct? If so, it is a different ball game than most of us experience in the US. Some cruisers like Harters can answer your questions better. Good luck. Mauibabes
  10. Call O, to my knowledge it can not be done via the website. Mauibabes
  11. Absolutely, always fun to get a little info about the guests aboard and the drinks and appetizers are free. If you don’t want the standard drinks 🍷🥂🍹, ask a server for something from the bar 🙏👍. There are normally one or more of these parties on all O cruises and you continue to make new friends. Enjoy, Mauibabes
  12. @santrah Especially in Red Ginger we will often order a specific main dish but also do typical “Family” style with a few plates to share among our table mates. Must have the Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass but there will always be the Rack of Lamb and Teriyaki Beef (Filet) and other delectables on the table. Absolutely must have the Watermelon and Duck Salad. DW is not an Asian food eater but will definitely order them. Ember takes a lot of raps but we had some excellent meals there so 👍 with LHT28 and a desert or two are wonderful. CC posts are valuable but I prefer to form my own options, test what looks good to me and move on. After all, if is My World, My Way. Just Enjoy, Mauibabes
  13. So you are enjoying your experience, GREAT. I would hope you have made a trip to the O Club Ambassador’s office and booked a future cruise, somewhere, anywhere. This is a Must Do because if the reduced deposit, On Board Discount, SBC included on this trip or the future cruise. Do not let this opportunity pass because you a swap cruises one time without accruing any cancellation fees. You did not mention any Specialty dining stops, hopefully you got into Toscana and had some fabulous lasagne or any of the wonderful pastas or Dover Sole or … Enjoy the rest of your trip. Mauibabes
  14. @mozfoz You have received a lot of good info from other posters with numerous cruises under their belts, a little cuisine humor 😇. OK, it would be helpful to know which ship you are on because the number of restaurant options double as well as the number of tables also increase. If you will share a 6 top, you might be able to get an earlier seating but if only a 4 top is acceptable, then the queue at the Reservation Desk on Deck 5 is your first stop on Embarkation Day. Lastly, while the cuisine is very good it is alway subjective and very high expectations are rarely met so you are better off if you dial it back a little. Also, since your first Specialty experience will set the tone, pick accordingly and ask the posters for some specific restaurant menu recommendations. Lots of great menu items but everyone has their favorites. Enjoy your Oceania experience. Mauibabes

If you are already a Cruise Critic member, please log in with your existing account information or your email address and password.