Labadee cabanas

My friends are going on the liberty in November and want to get one. They are in an OS (and just made diamond) and want one over water Which number should (in order) should they ask for? And how soon can they get one.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If your friends are in an OS - they should e mail the concierge to make their request - I would not wait until they are on board

Suite guests will not have to wait until they are on board for this. Typically the CL Concierge will reach out via email to their suite guests a week or so in advance of the departure date with cabana reservation discussions as one of their objectives.

As we were told by one Concierge, this time line allows them to coordinate these reservations at one time for each upcoming cruise. They may not respond earlier to emails to them due to workload at hand with their current cruise guests.

I have rented the OW cabanas 3 times with the next one coming up in July,

The first time I rented what that map is currently showing as OW5

However when I rented it there were only a total of four OWs

So what is called OW5 now was OW1 when I rented it the first time

And it was as previous replies stated...heaven...however now that there are six clumped together a little more activity on that side now...unless you actually stay in your cabana the whole time

The last two times I rented OW7 on the map which I actually like much better,

Far less people and activity on this side of the beach and only one other cabana so very few people even walking by you or even in the water on this side and an awesome view of the ship...I'm quite certain the photo in the 2014 calendar is taken from this cabana because my personal photo is identical

In July we are renting the beach cabana for the first time because we have 6 year old grandson with us and figure it will be easier for him and rest of us watching after him going from water to cabana to sand etc...

I'm certain you will enjoy ANY over the water cabana

BTW the H3 H4 H5 cabanas behind OW7 & OW8 look close by but you can't even see them as they are up on a hill...

B2 is the only cabana anywhere near OW7 & OW8 and it is to the left and far enough behind that honestly I don't even know if they were rented because never looked behind me...B2 is what I am renting July 5 sailing

I emailed the concierge about six weeks ago and he reserved it for my sailing,

The first time I did not rent it until actually on the ship but the last two did it in advance....all three times I received the standard welcome email from the concierge almost exactly one week prior to the cruise and the letter included detailed descriptions, prices and maps of the cabanas

IMO, the best cabanas are the "over the water" cabanas, labeled OW1, OW2, etc.

24pjjvl.jpg

If you don't mind me asking what is primary difference between the Over Water Cabanas at Nellie's Beach vs. Over the Water at Barefoot Beach?

On or next cruise we are in a GS and my understanding is we can may be get a Cabana at Barefoot Beach. Since one cannot reserve a Cabana at Barefoot Beach until closer to the cruise and email contact from the Concierge I went ahead and reserved an OW Cabana at Nellie's Beach (no Cabana number was assigned) just in case. Am I better off switching to an OW at Barefoot Beach (with Suite amenities included) or keep the OW Cabana at Nellie's Beach and still be able to use the amenities at Barefoot Beach?

Thank you.

I am very confused. Our Concierge said that there are now only 6 OW cabanas at Barefoot Beach. He indicated that 2 were destroyed by a storm and that there are now just a group of 4 (renumbered) as OW1 - OW4 to the right and then OW5& OW6 (formerly OW 7&8) to the left as you are looking out at the water from the beach.

We have OW 5&6 reserved, but I want to be sure we have the right ones. Has anyone here been to Barefoot Beach in the last month or two that can clarify this?

Eric

Wow, we have not been to Labadee in over a year but at that time OW#1,#2 were destroyed by a storm. Obviously, I do not know the current status.

To me, the real difference is that Barefoot Beach is a little more private whereas, Nellies Beach is open to the entire ship. So, IMHO, Nellies is not as peaceful as Barefoot. If it were me, I would switch to Barefoot if possible...but...an OTW water Cabana is still a wonderful experience.

We did a Nellies Hillside and we were next to H5. Very peaceful location but it is a climb up huge rock steps to get there. IMHO, H2 was a bad location since everyone on the hill walked past that Cabana.

This is a very helpful thread, as we've had our eye on an OTW Cabana since we booked this trip. We've booked one at Nellies but we'll be GS and would like to move to Barefoot.

Question is should we try to call and see if they'll change the reservation? I know the online deal says they only reserve those on the ship but I suspect it's a system shortcoming that can't keep someone in an Inside Cabin from placing a reservation. Or just ride it out until closer to departure and then contact the Concierge?

I am very confused. Our Concierge said that there are now only 6 OW cabanas at Barefoot Beach. He indicated that 2 were destroyed by a storm and that there are now just a group of 4 (renumbered) as OW1 - OW4 to the right and then OW5& OW6 (formerly OW 7&8) to the left as you are looking out at the water from the beach.

We have OW 5&6 reserved, but I want to be sure we have the right ones. Has anyone here been to Barefoot Beach in the last month or two that can clarify this?

Eric

Eric, that is correct. Only four in that location. I just grabbed a picture off Google Images without considering its timeliness or accuracy.

:)

Eric

We were just on Barefoot Beach in the over-the-water cabana shown in the first photo below (when looking out toward the water, it would be on your left).

The other photo shows the other 4 over-the-water cabanas on the right side - yes...there are 6 in total over water on Barefoot Beach. There are also 2 more "behind" the two we had...but they are not over-the-water...they actually are over the beach.

032714_Arrival_at_Labadee_Haiti_2E_Cabana.jpg

032714_Arrival_at_Labadee_Haiti_2F_Cabana_View.jpg

Ok...so I have been to both and certainly ANY cabana is a treat.

But the big difference by far is at barefoot far less people both in chairs and in the water and much quieter all around. At Nellies by the peak time of day it is wall to wall people. Went there in January and went over to Nellies...turned around and left cuz it was literally a sea of people.

Some say the buffet is a bonus but that really makes no difference to me at all.

As for renting them...you cannot rent the Barefoot cabanas in advance. You can reserve them in advance but can not actually book and pay like you do with Nellies. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can keep your nellies reservation until you find out if you can reserve on barefoot and if so, then cancel. Nellies for a refund.

Only way you can reserve barefoot in advance is if you get in touch with the concierge. I did that last time and the one coming up in July, but both these are when we were within 6 weeks of sailing. The other time I did it on the ship the day before we arrived at Labadee.

CRUISEFAN....awesome pictures.....that is the exact one we were in as well and will be doing again in July. It really is the perfect location as it is away from the crowds yet still in view of everything

As I recall from our January trip, they were in the processing of building two new cabanas over near those four...but instead of building maybe they were repairing or something...but they sure looked like new construction.

There was damage years ago actually to the two over by them selves and they were shut down for use while we were there but I can't remember exactly when that was....so when people talk about the damaged ones I think they are referring to long ago when there were only a total of 4 over the water and 2 were out of commission...this was when we rented our first one...even tho there were 4 only two were in use....since then they repaired the 2 damaged and added two more and I believe are adding another 2

Ok...so I have been to both and certainly ANY cabana is a treat.

But the big difference by far is at barefoot far less people both in chairs and in the water and much quieter all around. At Nellies by the peak time of day it is wall to wall people. Went there in January and went over to Nellies...turned around and left cuz it was literally a sea of people.

Some say the buffet is a bonus but that really makes no difference to me at all.

As for renting them...you cannot rent the Barefoot cabanas in advance. You can reserve them in advance but can not actually book and pay like you do with Nellies. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can keep your nellies reservation until you find out if you can reserve on barefoot and if so, then cancel. Nellies for a refund.

Only way you can reserve barefoot in advance is if you get in touch with the concierge. I did that last time and the one coming up in July, but both these are when we were within 6 weeks of sailing. The other time I did it on the ship the day before we arrived at Labadee.

Thank you for this feedback. I guess I will wait until our cruise is closer to contact the Concierge for the OWC at Barefoot Beach. Since they only have 6 it will be interesting to find out how the allocation is done if all suite guest wanted one.

We were just on Barefoot Beach in the over-the-water cabana shown in the first photo below (when looking out toward the water, it would be on your left).

The other photo shows the other 4 over-the-water cabanas on the right side - yes...there are 6 in total over water on Barefoot Beach. There are also 2 more "behind" the two we had...but they are not over-the-water...they actually are over the beach.

Great pictures of the Barefoot Beach OWC. Thanks for sharing.

Suite guests will not have to wait until they are on board for this. Typically the CL Concierge will reach out via email to their suite guests a week or so in advance of the departure date with cabana reservation discussions as one of their objectives.

As we were told by one Concierge, this time line allows them to coordinate these reservations at one time for each upcoming cruise. They may not respond earlier to emails to them due to workload at hand with their current cruise guests.

Yes, I know. I have been in GS 3 X - family also. We rented on Barefoot and at the time there were only 4 OW - we had W3 and W4. If OP waits - they could be gone. Our rental was firmed up 6-8 weeks before our cruise. While suite guests get first choice, the one you want could be gone.

Eric

Hi Eric, I just went through this when reserving our cabana for last week. The numbers have changed twice in the last two years and again this year.

If you are standing in the water looking at the over the water cabanas they would appear as such:

OW1 OW2 OW3 OW4 OW5 OW6

We had OW4 which is the first one you reach when you go to on your right when walking into Barefoot Beach. Even the concierges get confused as the numbers change as some have been destroyed. I hope this helps you plan as we originally asked for OW5 until it was explained to us that the one we actually were referring to was now called OW4. There is a space between OW2 and OW3 where one of the destroyed cabanas used to be. OW5 and OW6 would be the two on the right if you are facing them from the water.

Good luck and enjoy your cabana. They are wonderful!!!

swiss

Edited by swiss2619
spacing