Family Day in Cozumel *not beach*

sahm2alexis

I've done some googling and searching on the boards and can't find anything that will work! We're going to Cozumel (one of 4 ports) in October. We will be cruising with our kids for the first time- ages 8, 9 and 10 by then.

In the other ports we're visiting sloths and then the beach, and swimming with dolphins. I'm undecided on Belize, but that's not for this board lol.

So, we already have a beach (most of the) day already, so I'm trying to find something fun to do in Cozumel. 2 of my kids are very adventurous... so the Tornado boat thing is out, no parasailing, etc.

Suggestions?

Coz is an island, so most of the attractions involve the beach or the water (snorkel, boats, etc.)

There are some small Mayan ruins on Cozumel, or you could sign up for an excursion to see the ruins on the mainland.

Rio Secreto (Secret River) in Palay Del Carmen might appeal to your adventurous kids.

Coz is an island, so most of the attractions involve the beach or the water (snorkel, boats, etc.)

There are some small Mayan ruins on Cozumel, or you could sign up for an excursion to see the ruins on the mainland.

Rio Secreto (Secret River) in Palay Del Carmen might appeal to your adventurous kids.

oops! That's suppose to say AREN'T very adverturous lol. I did see that, and it looks AMAZING, but I wasn't sure how they would do getting roughed up (some of the reviews said it was amazing, but they got some scrapes and bruises). I'm leaning toward Paradise Beach right now.... obviously it's a beach day, but the inflatables look fun!

Take a look at Chankanaab. It offers lots of activities - beach, snorkeling, pool, dolphin swim, sea lion show, Mayan replicas, etc. It's about a 10 min cab ride ($ 11?). There is an admission fee ($ 21) and the dolphin swims are extra. There is a $ 2.00 off coupon online.

Many ships offer this excursion, but I recommend just grabbing a cab and doing it on your own. It will be cheaper and you can stay longer or leave earlier, if you want to. No worries getting a cab back when you are ready to leave. Just remember which pier your ship is docked at since there are more than one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would also suggest Chankanaab possibly with a combined pass to Discover Mexico if they are interested in looking at things.

Kaokao is a good suggestion and there is now another chocolate factory down neAr Playa Mia, but I haven’t been to that one.

Cooking with Josefina can be a fun family experience if you all enjoy cooking with local flavor.

Take a private tour with a private driver ( we have often used ToursPlaza) to customize your own 3+ hour trip round the island: there are replica Mayan villages they can stop at; stop at Punta Sur with lighthouse and crocodiles; They could also stop at chocolate factory if you wanted; wait for you to have a local lunch; Baby turtles could be interesting depending on time of year. If you just took 3 hours you could probably get dropped off for an hour or more at Paradise Beach (depending on your length of time in port) to finish off your day. Easy to get your own taxi back from there to avoid paying waiting fees.

Photo walking tour with Tati Biernas.

Amazing Race.