Cabin 1688 on Adventure? Experience?

Just sharing my joy and thanks! I was just able to switch to cabin 1688 on AOS for no charge (same category) and I am thrilled. I've heard it is bigger and has a larger balcony (albeit "obstructed view.") We are a family of 3 and our dd is 12 so I am thankful for the larger room. We've already decided that the next cruise we are going to have to get 2 rooms, possibly sacrificing a balcony. Our dd hates sleeping on the fold-out couch and we need more room than a standard balcony for 3 adult sized people, not to mention a teen girl. An extra bathroom and some privacy for the adults would be nice.

Anyhow, thanks to all you wonderful people on CC, I knew that 1688 was larger and had a bigger balcony. When I made the switch I called our online TA and contrary to what I thought it was easy for them to contact the larger TA and ask RCL to switch us. By the way, the agent at RCL made sure that we were informed that the view was obstructed, were we "sure?". Apparently, that is all the info they had about the room. And because I knew it was an awesome find, I said "yes!" knowing it was also larger, etc. I'll bet many people are turned off when they see "obstructed." Thanks, CC!

BTW: Has anyone else had this room on a Voyager class ship? How was it??????

Cheers,

Koohiichan

Just sharing my joy and thanks! I was just able to switch to cabin 1688 on AOS for no charge (same category) and I am thrilled. I've heard it is bigger and has a larger balcony (albeit "obstructed view.") We are a family of 3 and our dd is 12 so I am thankful for the larger room. We've already decided that the next cruise we are going to have to get 2 rooms, possibly sacrificing a balcony. Our dd hates sleeping on the fold-out couch and we need more room than a standard balcony for 3 adult sized people, not to mention a teen girl. An extra bathroom and some privacy for the adults would be nice.

Anyhow, thanks to all you wonderful people on CC, I knew that 1688 was larger and had a bigger balcony. When I made the switch I called our online TA and contrary to what I thought it was easy for them to contact the larger TA and ask RCL to switch us. By the way, the agent at RCL made sure that we were informed that the view was obstructed, were we "sure?". Apparently, that is all the info they had about the room. And because I knew it was an awesome find, I said "yes!" knowing it was also larger, etc. I'll bet many people are turned off when they see "obstructed." Thanks, CC!

BTW: Has anyone else had this room on a Voyager class ship? How was it??????

Cheers,

Koohiichan

We have sailed twice in that cabin on the Mariner, it is great. It is the size of a JS. Lots of room to get around, even when the sofabed was open. We asked for an eggcrate topper for the sofabed and my son never complained about being uncomfortable.

This site will give you an idea of exactly what you are getting. Enjoy!

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_13881688/gallery.html

Our Adventure sailing was 5 years ago. The only downer was our room 1688 at that time had awful looking water. It came out of the faucets as rusty brown. Had to use bottled water to brush teeth and showers seemed gross. I'm sure they have fixed that problem LNG ago!

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm definitely psyched. My dh was a little concerned, but after showing him the pictures he felt better.

Thanks for the tip on the eggcrate. I will definitely get that. We always tease my dd that she is like "princess and the pea."

Yikes! about the water. I hope they've fixed that, but we were in 1394 originally so it was also far aft, just no big balcony so the water would probably be the same, I'd imagine. Maybe we'll pick up some bottle waters to bring on along with my 2 bottles of wine.

Cheers,

Koohiichan

Archived