Top 10 Posters

hoppelk

I have been reading the Princess, Holland America, Celebrity, and RCI boards avidly for a over a year and I am just now reaching 100 posts. I am amazed at the number of posts by some individuals and I believe these individuals should be recognized. Therefore, I am going to compile the Top 10 posters over the next few days and announce the results next Tuesday 12/20. If you want to be included, post a response. I realize that I could just go to upper right hand corner of the posts and look for myself, but that would not be as much fun.

I have been reading the Princess, Holland America, Celebrity, and RCI boards avidly for a over a year and I am just now reaching 100 posts. I am amazed at the number of posts by some individuals and I believe these individuals should be recognized. Therefore, I am going to compile the Top 10 posters over the next few days and announce the results next Tuesday 12/20. If you want to be included, post a response. I realize that I could just go to upper right hand corner of the posts and look for myself, but that would not be as much fun.

I have found, for the most part, that the most prolific posters on cruise critic are either those who use message boards as a vehicle to chat with their online friends about relatively inane topics, or are very needy people who enjoy being the center of attention and are comparable to a disruptive class clown in elementary school. Ironically, the people who deserve to be recognized for consistently posting helpful information about cruising do not post nearly as often as the others.

I have found, for the most part, that the most prolific posters on cruise critic are very needy people who enjoy being the center of attention and are comparable to a disruptive class clown in elementary school.

Hey, I resemble that remark.... That's right, it's all about me, me, me....:rolleyes:

I have found, for the most part, that the most prolific posters on cruise critic are either those who use message boards as a vehicle to chat with their online friends about relatively inane topics, or are very needy people who enjoy being the center of attention and are comparable to a disruptive class clown in elementary school. Ironically, the people who deserve to be recognized for consistently posting helpful information about cruising do not post nearly as often as the others.

The only thing worse than the class clowns (me, I guess :confused: ) are those who hijack a thread and run off on a tangent...I don't think you answered the OPs question...nor have I.

Are you requesting the largest number of posts or the highest quality, of these posts??

I have found, for the most part, that the most prolific posters on cruise critic are either those who use message boards as a way to chat with their online friends about relatively inane topics, or are very needy people who need to be the center of attention and are comparable to the disruptive class clown in elementary school. Ironically, the people who deserve to be recognized for consistently posting helpful information about cruising do not post nearly as often as the others.

In the spirit of all the upcoming holidays, I'll try not to get snarky here;) , but just reply that, yes, chat does happen here, and it's usually harmless, and often funny, and is a nice break from the seriousness of some subjects, and a welcome respite from some of the arguments. I hope that you find this, too.:)

And, as a high rate poster (of sometimes potentially dubious quality:o ) I'd also say that, while there definitely are a few that fit your description, but that, for the most part, people are genuine in their asking of questions or posting of answers, and that it's not a psychological flaw! :D Just a strong interest in staying in touch wtih the cruising experience that we all enjoy so much! As to how much time some of us have on our hands.....well....:rolleyes:

Happy Holidays, and glad that this board is here.

Andrew

I am looking for the largest number of posts. I find all of the posts to be valuable.

You need to understand that the boards were revamped a while ago and prior posts were deleted. The current post count only reflects the number of posts since the revamping. There were numerous people that were probably close to the 10,000 mark before their post count was reset to zero. The current post count would only reflect those people that have been the most active recently.

Perhaps we could convert it into a point scoring affair. For each post it would score maybe like this:

-2 points for inane chats to friends on the boards

+1 point for asking a sensible question

-1 point for asking a silly question

-5 points if you ask a really silly question

-10 points for asking if you can take a barbecue on your balcony

-5 points for starting an inane poll

-10 points for starting a sensible poll

+5 points if you sensibly answer a sensible question

+10 points if you sensibly answer a silly question

+10 points if you realise that newt's comments are to be taken in jest

-10 points if you find one of his jokes funny:D

Phil

Perhaps we could convert it into a point scoring affair. For each post it would score maybe like this:

-2 points for inane chats to friends on the boards

+1 point for asking a sensible question

-1 point for asking a silly question

-5 points if you ask a really silly question

-10 points for asking if you can take a barbecue on your balcony

-5 points for starting an inane poll

-10 points for starting a sensible poll

+5 points if you sensibly answer a sensible question

+10 points if you sensibly answer a silly question

+10 points if you realise that newt's comments are to be taken in jest

-10 points if you find one of his jokes funny:D

Phil

OK Phil, since you suggested it, you can go through the 537,000,000 posts and score them all. Since we trust you we will even let you score your own posts. Please have all of this done by 10:00PM today, GMT.....:rolleyes:

OK Phil, since you suggested it, you can go through the 537,000,000 posts and score them all. Since we trust you we will even let you score your own posts. Please have all of this done by 10:00PM today, GMT.....:rolleyes:

OK, Jerry. I'm onto it:) I'm on post 237 at the moment. Is that 10pm your time or mine? It would be REALLY helpful if it was yours;)

Phil

OK, Jerry. I'm onto it:) I'm on post 237 at the moment. Is that 10pm your time or mine? It would be REALLY helpful if it was yours;) Phil

I said GMT since I thought that would be the time where you are. However, I'm willing to cut you some slack and give you until 10:00 PM my time. Heck, I'm such a nice guy I'll even give you until 10:00 PM California time. However, with all that extra time I will expect you to run through the calculations twice to ensure that they are correct.....:D

Reading gets you no credit for posts. If you are booked on a cruise, then head over to the roll call and before you know it, you will have added another 100 to your total.

Watertown, what a snowy area that is. I went to college in Oswego for 3 years. Loved the snow, hated the cold. I will be up in the Utica area for Christmas. I am hoping for feet of snow. Its fun to drive in.

Andrew, as stated I do hate the cold. Messing around driving in the snow is fun. We are just south of DC and when it snows I will be out on the roads driving around late at night. The first snow this year I was out from 11pm till about 12:15am. Noone on the roads so there is little chance of being hit by someone.

Andrew, as stated I do hate the cold.

Gee, do you think my choice of the San Francisco Bay Area over Ithaca when it came time for school gives you any hint as to how I feel!:D

Have to go to Boston next week, and, except for seeing family, am dreading it! I hate the cold, let alone any white stuff. Once ya' stop skiing, it loses its appeal quickly!:rolleyes:

Andrew

You need to understand that the boards were revamped a while ago and prior posts were deleted. The current post count only reflects the number of posts since the revamping. There were numerous people that were probably close to the 10,000 mark before their post count was reset to zero. The current post count would only reflect those people that have been the most active recently.

Actually the boards have been revamped a number of times since they began 10 years ago. As Jerry said, your post count would only reflect those who are most active recently and most of those are relative newcomers to those who have been around since the beginning.

In the spirit of all the upcoming holidays, I'll try not to get snarky here;) , but just reply that, yes, chat does happen here, and it's usually harmless, and often funny, and is a nice break from the seriousness of some subjects, and a welcome respite from some of the arguments. I hope that you find this, too.:)

And, as a high rate poster (of sometimes potentially dubious quality:o ) I'd also say that, while there definitely are a few that fit your description, but that, for the most part, people are genuine in their asking of questions or posting of answers, and that it's not a psychological flaw! :D Just a strong interest in staying in touch wtih the cruising experience that we all enjoy so much! As to how much time some of us have on our hands.....well....:rolleyes:

Happy Holidays, and glad that this board is here.

Andrew

I agree that most cruise critic posters ask good questions and/or provide helpful information about cruising. Unfortunately, the majority of posts on this board are from the relatively few posters who spam it with inane dribble, and that makes it a cumbersome project for busy people to find the helpful cruise oriented posts. That is why cruise critic is now more of a cyber coffee clutch than a helpful resource for people who are planning a cruise, but it appears that its hosts have changed their focus and encourage it to be this way.

Archived