When will Princess let us know?

Ontario Cruiser

Princess, as do most if not all cruise lines, announce itinerary changes only when conditions (weather, political, etc.) for a port at the time the ship will be there are known or reliably forecast. They will have "Plan B" just in case but are reluctant to make changes if at all possible. This sometimes causes passengers anxiety but often, it turns out that a change isn't necessary.

I'm sure you want to know where you will be cruising and what changes might be made so you can make plans. Princess does, too. They will stick with the scheduled itinerary until it's evident/certain that it has to be changed. That might happen before boarding or while you're onboard.

It must be tough to wait like that.

If you are like us, we book our excursions on our own apart from the cruiselines. In situations like this, I guess it would be better to book with them, as they offer a money back guarantee if they can't make the port.

In situations like this, I guess it would be better to book with them, as they offer a money back guarantee if they can't make the port.
I would never book a tour that didn't have a money back guarantee. It's a really bad idea to book with a tour company that requires a deposit or even full payment without a money-back policy if the ship doesn't make the port. Unless you're comfortable losing that money. Even the most reliable ports can be missed.

This Spring when we were on the Ocean we recieved a note upon embarking the ship that one of our ports had been cancelled. Four days earlier, when we on another Princess cruise ship, we heard that our port on the Ocean would be cancelled, so it really comes at the last minute.

We are sailing on the Ocean Princess from Rome to Singapore September 17th and are patiently waiting for Princess to decide which ports of call they will cancel, We are scheduled for 2 in Egypt, Oman, Jordan & Dubai as well as others. Hopefully soon

Ontario Cruiser

As others have said Princess will be watching conditions very closely and may not cancel until the last minute. I can certainly understand that this could cause a little anxiety. With the situation in that area of the world I guess the best thing for you to do is find a way to go with the flow and enjoy your cruise no matter what. I know, easy for me to say since I haven't spent the money you have on your cruise.:) I hope it all works out for you and you have a wonderful time.:)

I would never book a tour that didn't have a money back guarantee. It's a really bad idea to book with a tour company that requires a deposit or even full payment without a money-back policy if the ship doesn't make the port. Unless you're comfortable losing that money. Even the most reliable ports can be missed.

I agree! I like to book independent of the cruise lines but always make sure I book with a tour operator that either does not require a deposit or requires a minimal deposit with a guarantee it will be refunded should the port be missed.

Archived