Stateroom Help Please!!!!

I am confused. I am paying an interior room price for an obstructed view cabin #7202 on the Liberty. This cabin is one of the five cabins right at the front of ship on the Empress desk. I want to know if this is a deal or should I try for something else.

Is it better to be on the upper or lower deck, forward, mid or aft? Can anyone clarify?

I would love to have one of those cabins. They used to be 6Bs, and because of the obstruction they have been downgraded to insides along with the 5As.

The plus is they are larger than inside cabins. The minus, some are handicapped and the beds dont push together. Have you looked on the carnival deck plans for the *, if it has the star, that means its one of the HC cabins where the beds dont push together and the bathroom will be modified.

7205 and 7206 are the HC cabins, yours is regular. Take it and enjoy. You can also walk out onto the deck in the front of your cabin. Be sure not to undress at night without pulling the curtains, as the film on the windows, someone out on the deck can see into your cabin. Its a non private deck, but nice to have to watch the sun set or just to walk out on and watch pulling in and out of ports.

I am confused. I am paying an interior room price for an obstructed view cabin #7202 on the Liberty. This cabin is one of the five cabins right at the front of ship on the Empress desk. I want to know if this is a deal or should I try for something else.

Is it better to be on the upper or lower deck, forward, mid or aft? Can anyone clarify?

This has a regular sized window with a view of the large front deck and if you look over the rail you can see the water. These cabins have a bit less closet space (2 compartments instead of the usual 3) for hanging clothes. It also is much more prone to movement from the rocking seas. Also a longer walk to midship, lido buffet etc. We had one of these rooms on the Splendor on the lido deck and because of the increased rocking if the seas are high I don't think I would book another one.

I just got off the Splendor, cabin 7203, and I think it is one of the best kept secrets:

683016068307_0_ALB.jpg

983016068307_0_ALB.jpg

304016068307_0_ALB.jpg

I'm rather short (5'3") and the railing in front is solid, about neck height for me. Inside I could see the ocean, and whatever else might be out there...You can go out on the deck, but it is very windy when the ship is in motion. Speaking of motion, there was not as much as I expected...When the seas were rough, going north to Canada, it was not rockin' n rollin' I felt, but like the driver was hitting every pothole...

If you separate the beds, you either have a tiny space between with one night stand, or more space with both nightstands, but you can't access the window. EM

The only thing i don't like about these cabin types is that, i like to keep my curtains open but with the cabins and the deck out front, I either have to keep the curtains clothes or get my pictures posted all over the internet;)

I THOUGHT you looked familiar! ;)

I never tried to look in at night, but when I was out on deck during the day, I could barely see my doll that I placed in the window. When people walked by and paused (not looking in) I tried to attract their attention, knocked on the window, and they never noticed. EM

I never tried to look in at night, but when I was out on deck during the day, I could barely see my doll that I placed in the window. When people walked by and paused (not looking in) I tried to attract their attention, knocked on the window, and they never noticed. EM

Right, thats why I said the film only protects from seeing in when the sun is shining, after dark you can see in easily, and its all lite up if you have the lights on inside the cabin. During the day you cant see in unless you put your face on the window (we had a cabin like this on Princess and yes people actually peered in to see what they could see).

the carnival site shows these as 4g interior, do they have a regular size window? If so,sounds like a great deal to me.
traveler-----an interior cabin with a window----come-on----are you serious????

• 1 month later...
I just got off the Splendor, cabin 7203, and I think it is one of the best kept secrets:

683016068307_0_ALB.jpg

983016068307_0_ALB.jpg

304016068307_0_ALB.jpg

I'm rather short (5'3") and the railing in front is solid, about neck height for me. Inside I could see the ocean, and whatever else might be out there...You can go out on the deck, but it is very windy when the ship is in motion. Speaking of motion, there was not as much as I expected...When the seas were rough, going north to Canada, it was not rockin' n rollin' I felt, but like the driver was hitting every pothole...

If you separate the beds, you either have a tiny space between with one night stand, or more space with both nightstands, but you can't access the window. EM

Thank you for posting these pictures! I am looking forward to my upcoming cruise and knowing what the room will be like is great!

Archived