Awesome new photos from the Revitalized Millennium!

Liberated Mind

Check it out...

cover page at (click the link)

www.shipparade.com

Two questions for recent guests on the Millennium:

- anyone have a photo of the flat screen tvs in a CC stateroom? Are they a big improvement (size, viewing quality) from the former tube tvs?

- is the airport code art work still displayed near the Cosmos nightclub? I remember it missing many of the cities (it lit up in neon) and wondered if it was restored or replaced.

Enjoy the new pics!!

.......................................................................................

- anyone have a photo of the flat screen tvs in a CC stateroom? Are they a big improvement (size, viewing quality) from the former tube tvs?

We were aboard Millie on the Nov 27, 2009 cruise out of San Juan. We had a new flat panel set in our CC cabin. It was modest size, maybe 27" diagonal? Don't remember the brand.

We were very disappointed in the picture quality. They spent a lot of money on these Hi-Def-capable sets but feed them with poor resolution standard definition channels from their satellite, and even poorer quality material from ther onboard video "servers". Worse, the set was locked down in "stretch-o-vision" mode, so as to fill the 16:9 screen with the 4:3 pictures. Everybody looks 25 pounds overweight! If I have to watch standard-def TV, at least give me the option to set the aspect ratio myself...

Of course the satellite has very limted bandwidth so it may not be practical yet to get HD versions of live feeds like CNN or other networks to a moving cruise ship. I know the commercial consumer satellite services like Dish and Direct offer HD, and with the right agile antenna, users can even get them in a mobile environment, but I believe cruise ships use their own private distribution systems that also carry data (internet and company business) and telephony.

Anyway, I think they are missing the bet by not offering one or two HD movie channels from onboard euipment, (could even charge a small premium for the service, just like our CATV providers :eek::eek:). A channel like the bowcam/nav info might actually be legible if presented in HD,and since the device originating that channel is just a Windows PC, it woud be a piece of cake to output it in high res for the cabin TV's.

Sorry for the somewhat technical rant, but this was about the only negative in an otherwise stellar 10-day trip on Millie. We don't choose cruises on the basis of their TV sets, of course, but as a former TV systems engineer, it breaks my heart to see these nice new sets look so bad because =X= didn't do their homework.

M & J

From the photos, The theater looks like it would be hard to navigate for a disabled person- steps down to each level-- can someone who has sailed the Millie tell me if there are ramps, or special levels which don't include steps?

The ships include particular areas around the rim so that it is not required to use a ramp, etc.

Hi Madelinerose - hopefully Summit will be up in '11 :rolleyes:

If not, it will most likely be Infinity.

We'll have more insight as the itineraries are gradually released in March & April. Unless someone with more insight wants to share...

From the link, one of my favorite picture is the Cova Cafe (4th row on the left, after you click the main pic). So elegant!!

• 2 weeks later...
Check it out...

cover page at (click the link)

www.shipparade.com

Two questions for recent guests on the Millennium:

- is the airport code art work still displayed near the Cosmos nightclub? I remember it missing many of the cities (it lit up in neon) and wondered if it was restored or replaced.

Enjoy the new pics!!

.......................................................................................

Hi Madelinerose - hopefully Summit will be up in '11 :rolleyes:

If not, it will most likely be Infinity.

We'll have more insight as the itineraries are gradually released in March & April. Unless someone with more insight wants to share...

From the link, one of my favorite picture is the Cova Cafe (4th row on the left, after you click the main pic). So elegant!!

Hey David and Brock (Liberated Mind) - Here I am wondering around CC and look who turns up...:p Are you checking out my ship - Millie?

Are you having second thoughts about joining us on Millie for the 10 day instead of the Summit for the 7 Day cruise in March? I will take your link and pop it into my group on 3/26/10. I am sure they will like it.

Take care and speak to you soon --

Neil

The photos I've seen don't show any ramps:confused:

Don't know exactly how you get there, but you enter from the doors on the side at the front, not from the back of the Hall. No ramps involved.

G

Where, where, where? The ones I see are from 2000. Where are the photo from the revitalized ship on shipparade?

Mike

Ottawapuppy - Mike - I have seen you on the boards before...

Here is the information I laid out for my group to get there as it was "a bit" buried...

Hello Everyone: these are some links to pictures of the Millennium from some people we have cruised with in the past... They are showing the 10 years of Millennium and it looks better than ever.

Check it out...

Instructions - once you click on the link below - click on link on bottom right that says "useful links;" click on "ship alphabet" either on bottom or middle of page; Go down to February 13, 2010 on right side of page and click on Millennium...

www.shipparade.com

Enjoy the new pics!!

.................................................. .....................................

Enjoy...

Neil

Archived