Pullman Bed Question

Do the Pullman Beds have any kind of rails for protection? We leave on Grandeur of the Seas out of B'more 8/27/2009 with our six year old and need to know whether to bring along a mat for her to sleep on the floor if the bunks present a fall hazard. She's a pretty active sleeper. I presented this question on the RCI website last week and to date have not received a reply. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I was on the Explorer last year and one of my nieces slept up there (but she was 17 years though). If the pullmans are similar I'd say bring the mat - you will need it. I'd not put an active 6 year old up there. If by chance the pullmans on the Grandeur are different and you think they may work, I do know my niece said they were very comfortable if you can use it. The other fear I'd have is if she had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and not really wide awake and tried to just jump out of bed like she normally would at home. I would probably not put anyone younger than 8 or 9 up there myself (and I don't even have kids)!

Edited to add that I see others say there is a rail but I don't think they have the type of rail you are imagining. Take the mat, if you need it fine, if not, not a big deal.

My youngest son was 7 1/2 when he first slept on one of these. Since the 2 twin beds below were together, we weren't concerned about him falling over the side railing since he would have just landed on top of us, hahaha !:) But the concern was if he needed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. We had to remind him about the ladder.

In the end, it really all depends on the child and his/her sleeping habits.

We have never allowed our daughter to sleep in the pullman bed. She has always been a restless sleeper and would get up during the night. On Navigator last year our cabin had a sofa bed which was perfect. Depending on the cabin there may be space for a rollaway (we use this on Princess and the steward sets it up at night and puts it aside during the day)

My 7 year old slept in the pullman with no problem. We had two pullmans and the lower beds were pushed together. I was, however, bruttally attacked in the middle of the night by a pouncing stuffed animal.

Archived