Retreat cabanas or not

If you are in a Retreat, you are in a private area, a deck above the pool,

very nice, quiet, relaxing and you will also have private loungers in the sun area.

If its a Lido Cabana, then you will be around the pool where the action is.

make sure which one you have, We loved the retreat one and would book it again if back on N.A. or Eurodam

We loved our Retreat cabana and would definitely book one again. It was wonderful to have the quiet seclusion of the Retreat when we wanted to get away from the noise and activity of the pool area. Lenny and Jason, our "cabana boys" were great, and quickly learned our routine. Lenny had my morning Mimosa in my hand within a few minutes of our arrival every day! If you want to lay in the sun, you have very comfy loungers available, and if you want shade or a quiet nap, your cabana fits the bill fine. It was money well spent for us.

The Retreat cabanas don't feel enclosed at all. We always had a nice breeze and a beautiful view. You have no hassle getting a lounge chair or finding shade, or sun, when you want it. The attendants will spoil you. It was the best money we have spent on any cruise and will absolutely reserve one whenever we cruise on one of the big girls.

We loved our Lido Cabana. It was the "base" for our family during our sailing and was great. People say they are hot but we had no problem with that. We would not have enjoyed the Retreat because it is 2 decks above the Lido Pool and we wanted to be around the pool and very much enjoyed the people watching. We have heard that they are on starboard on NA and we think this is a great thing because it would afford a bit more privacy as the port side is the major walkway on the Lido deck.

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retreat is the way to go. I really wouldn't waste my time and money on the Lido cabanas.

I have to 100% disagree with this statement, but it all depends on why you are reserving the cabana. If you are looking for privacy and sanctuary and be pampered then I would say the Retreat is the way to go. If you are looking for a place to hang out by the pool and be pampered then the Lido is the way to go. It was great to not have to look for a deck chair at all this past week.

Our Lido cabana was $199 for the week and the Retreat was listed as $299 for the week. Our stewards took great care of our whole family who used the cabana. They went above and beyond to be sure that the members of our family had a great cabana experience on their first cruise.

I just can't decide if we want the retreat cabanas or not. I do have one reserved. I am afraid I will be a little too "enclosed". Also to view of a roof of the pool concerns me. I also enjoy people watching. But I do like the part about the shade and being waited on. Help!

Well, if you like cheap camping or being on a cheap safari and in the meantime discriminating your fellow px, go ahead...

I have to 100% disagree with this statement, but it all depends on why you are reserving the cabana. If you are looking for privacy and sanctuary and be pampered then I would say the Retreat is the way to go. If you are looking for a place to hang out by the pool and be pampered then the Lido is the way to go. It was great to not have to look for a deck chair at all this past week.

Our Lido cabana was $199 for the week and the Retreat was listed as $299 for the week. Our stewards took great care of our whole family who used the cabana. They went above and beyond to be sure that the members of our family had a great cabana experience on their first cruise.

We've booked the Retreat Cabana for our cruise next week, really looking forward to it. Just a note there are two family retreats that are larger and can accommodate 4 + people comfortably, compared to the smaller cabanas. They are more expensive--I think around $450 for the week--but you get more space. Here's a picture, you'll be able to get a perspective of the size difference between the smaller and larger cabanas (family cabanas are on the corners).

072.JPG

Hope this helps!

Anyone know how much these cost? Is it worth it for the whole week? Just a few days? How do you book one? Didn't see it on the online options. Thanks!

Search is your friend. Go to the link in post #6.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1533242&highlight=retreat+cabanas

"Worth it" is a totally personal decision only you can make.

Well, if you like cheap camping or being on a cheap safari and in the meantime discriminating your fellow px, go ahead...

So, if someone is in the PS, are they are discriminating against everyone else on the ship? Do people who have access to the Neptune Lounge discriminate against all the other pax on board? No, in both cases, people pay for these items, and everybody on board has the opportunity to buy these services.

Does camping usually come with champagne service? I have done a lot of long extended backpacking trips, never saw a bottle of champagne.

Does camping usually come with champagne service? I have done a lot of long extended backpacking trips, never saw a bottle of champagne.

This reminded me of a visit to Hearst Castle--it is William H. Hearst's estate on the Central California coast. During one of the tours they told us that back in the 30's and 40's the Hearst family would "camp" on a section of the property overlooking the Pacific Ocean, being served meals on silver plated serving dishes and drinking champagne.

Like you, our family's camping experience has always been a little more rustic.

Can't wait to experience champagne camping!;) Only one more week!

I would love if you could help me understand this comment.

We enjoyed the retreat cabanas thoroughly on our NA cruise. The attendants Willie and another man whom I can't recall his name were fantastic. They will bring you other food options not listed on the lunch menu as well. I think the ideal cabanas are the ones that are facing the stern of the ship as you will get cross ventilation. You will see the roof of the pool, but look to the sides and you see plenty of ocean. Our cruise was sold out, so chairs at the mid deck pool were full. It's just a short two flight walk if you want to use the pol. Highly recommend.

I cruise solo and cannot afford to pay double for a balcony. In order to afford to cruise, I usually have an inside room or an obstructed outside if I am lucky enough to get upgraded. The retreat cabana provided a great alternative at a much lower price. I have a stressful commute every day to a stressful job in a large city. For me, the retreat cabana provided an "escape" from reality. The cabana stewards were amazing with their excellent but unobtrusive service.

We loved the family retreat cabana on the Eurodam. It is huge and not at all closed in.

On NA next week and have a regular retreat cabana booked. Wanted the family retreat cabana but both were already booked. When we reserved, the ship services person said if we didn't want it we could cancel on the first day and get a full refund. Not that I think that is very likely, but it makes booking one very low risk.

My advice is go for it.

My husband and I have booked a Lido cabana for our November cruise. Does anyone know if you can invite a guest in to sit with you. I know that the HMC cabanas allow up to four people to use it at one time but I have never noticed any discussion re the Lido cabanas.

It would be helpful to know the rules before we inadvertently committed a boo boo. Also, are you allowed to designate that someone else can use your cabana if you are off the ship for the day.? Again--don't want to do anything wrong but just need to know the drill.

No, in both cases, people pay for these items,

The filthy cabanas not only do they look atrocious but they take away from public areas, that's what the problem is..

OK, so where is the discrimination? Or is that hyperbole, like "filthy". Because I know they aren't dirty.

Archived