Beverage Package Price Increase On Board

pmfm

If you have a promotion that is giving you a free Classic Beverage package we encourage you to upgrade prior to your sailing as you will pay the increased difference on board. If you purchase beforehand, it will come out to $10 per person plus a 15% gratuity. If you upgrade on board, this comes to $15 per person plus a 15% gratuity.

If you ALREADY have the classic package, it's only the same $11.50 per day total to upgrade to premium.

The higher prices are for completely new packages bought on board.;)

Sorry GSB, you're sadly mistaken.....read the above quoted previous post from earlier in this thread, directly from the cruise line.

Well you had better have got that in writing or you may end up with a nasty surprise when you board.

Just talked with Celebrity's Cruise Enhancement Department and they are aware of the discrepancy.

They are supposed to come on here and make a correction to post #144.

In the meantime, you can call 1-800-722-5941 if you want to be sure what I'm saying is correct.

Edited by gsb

Just talked with Celebrity's Cruise Enhancement Department and they are aware of the discrepancy.

In the meantime, you can call 1-800-722-5941 if you want to be sure what I'm saying is correct.

I don't need to call. I've already upgraded.

What GSB is saying is consistent with the information provided to me by the Celebrity enhancements department - Would be good if Celebrity post and correct the information just to confirm though.

Sadly, this shows that posts by "celebrity Cruises" are not official Celebrity polices, but, as usual, someone's interpretation of what they think the policies are. We are left to try to figure out if the celebrity web site, posts by "celebrity cruise" or other's experiences are the official policy. Sad way to run a company.....

Edited by ghstudio

Sadly, this shows that posts by "celebrity Cruises" are not official Celebrity polices, but, as usual, someone's interpretation of what they think the policies are. We are left to try to figure out if the celebrity web site, posts by "celebrity cruise" or other's experiences are the official policy. Sad way to run a company.....

Hopefully "Celebrity Cruises" will come on shortly with the correction as I was told ls night.:confused:

Hopefully "Celebrity Cruises" will come on shortly with the correction as I was told ls night.:confused:

Hope you are right...

I suspect that the Celebrity Enhancements Department will be unable to figure out who "celebrity Cruises" actually is....and therefore they will be unable to contact him/her to trigger the correction. We'll see....

When I booked our January 2014 Reflection sailing several months ago it was the last day of a promo - and I opted for the classic beverage package. I asked to go ahead and add on the premium package.

Here's how the reservation looks now:

i-V9CxNs6-L.jpg

So I see the mention of the premium beverage package there, but no cost associated with it. :confused: Anyone else come across this?

Tom

Hi all,

As some posters have pointed out, we posted some inaccurate information with regards to purchasing and/or upgrading a beverage package.

If you have a Classic beverage package, either from purchasing it, or receiving it from a Celebrity promotion, you will be able to upgrade from the Classic to Premium beverage package, either beforehand or onboard, at the cost of $10/day (plus 15% gratuity).

Hi all,

As some posters have pointed out, we posted some inaccurate information with regards to purchasing and/or upgrading a beverage package.

If you have a Classic beverage package, either from purchasing it, or receiving it from a Celebrity promotion, you will be able to upgrade from the Classic to Premium beverage package, either beforehand or onboard, at the cost of $10/day (plus 15% gratuity).

Thank you very much for clearing that out!

So upgrade price will stay $10 no matter when the package and/or the upgrade was bought. Customer-friendly at last :-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you very much for clearing that out!

So upgrade price will stay $10 no matter when the package and/or the upgrade was bought. Customer-friendly at last :-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The upgrade will stay at $11.50... per person, per day.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE network using Tapatalk 4 Pro

Gee now I am glad I waited and did not upgrade over the phone yet, get to use that OBC for something! Unless of course everything changes again in the next 7 weeks... and again... and again...

Now I wonder if we can still upgrade part way through the cruise and pay less, as before, or if its now all or nothing.

Hi all,

Thanks for the update. Can you comment on if we can purchase or upgrade drink packages part way through the cruise?

Pretty sure you can do both--until the last 3 days.

I know it used to be allowed but wonder now because now the website has a 'per cruise' and not 'per day' price and the fine print talk about no refunds for unused amounts - which could refer to buying on day 4 but paying for a whole cruise.

I know it used to be allowed but wonder now because now the website has a 'per cruise' and not 'per day' price and the fine print talk about no refunds for unused amounts - which could refer to buying on day 4 but paying for a whole cruise.

Call the number and find out for sure

Just received a phone call from a very nice young lady who is from the Celebrity Experience Team (????). She wanted to know if I had any questions about our upcoming cruise - Oct. 12 on the Infinity - and if she could help with any excursions, beverage packages, etc. I've taken care of everything so there was nothing she could do for me.

However she did say that they were notified last week that if you buy the beverage package on board it will be anywhere from $1 to $5 more a day depending on the package than if you bought it before the cruise started. Our cruise is October 12 so I don't know if anyone is going to affected by this before that date but I just wanted to get this information out there.

Pat

I recently went on the 9/26/13 Celebrity Century cruise and immediately after receiving my cabin key, I went to purchase the non-alcoholic beverage package advertised on Celebrity's web site as $14/day plus gratuity.

Imagine my surprise when the crew member pushed forward a tiny sheet of paper with a higher price listed. I told him that it was $14/day not $16 as shown on the paper. He (like a broken record) kept saying these are the prices. I had no choice but to pay it for my 11 day cruise.

Reading some of the posts on this thread, it seems like the increase on beverage packages purchased onboard went up on Sept. 26. (start date of my cruise) Does anyone know when exactly the onboard prices went up? And does anyone know if it was noted on the website and when.

I usually purchased my beverage package before the cruise, but this time I had a lot of onboard credit.

Uphappy.

I recently went on the 9/26/13 Celebrity Century cruise and immediately after receiving my cabin key, I went to purchase the non-alcoholic beverage package advertised on Celebrity's web site as $14/day plus gratuity.

Imagine my surprise when the crew member pushed forward a tiny sheet of paper with a higher price listed. I told him that it was $14/day not $16 as shown on the paper. He (like a broken record) kept saying these are the prices. I had no choice but to pay it for my 11 day cruise.

Reading some of the posts on this thread, it seems like the increase on beverage packages purchased onboard went up on Sept. 26. (start date of my cruise) Does anyone know when exactly the onboard prices went up? And does anyone know if it was noted on the website and when.

I usually purchased my beverage package before the cruise, but this time I had a lot of onboard credit.

Uphappy.

I don't think anyone knows the exact date of the change....it was not announced so there was no way to prepare for it by paying in advance. Most companies would probably notify folks of the change while there was time to take advantage of the "buy in advance" price....but celebrity seems to have their own way of doing things.

Uphappy.

Always good to read the fine print ;)

* All prices in USD are subject to change without notice.