Barbados what to do after we disembark ?

glittergal1

Hello We are new to Carnival and New to sailing the Caribbean (Feb 2019) We disembark Carnival Fascination In Barbados and I was surprised to find out that Carnival Doesnt offer a late Check out option Or an excursion with airport drop off for those passengers on late flights we dont fly back to the UK until 8.30pm

So can anyone help with our options?

What time do you have to leave your cabin and get off the ship? (outside cabin deck 4)

is there anywhere at the port to leave luggage?

has anyone used a hotel which offers a day pass with a room ?

Or a hotel day pass with storage for luggage?

or does anyone know of a not too expensive tour company which could offer us a tour taking our luggage with us and then drop off after at the airport

Would just like a no hassle stress free end to our holiday so any advice would be greatly received We will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary on the cruise :hearteyes::hearteyes:, After our honeymoon cruise we had a disastrous end with our flights being cancelled and 22 hours stuck in the airport so really need this one to end well

I just did a quick Google search on Barbados Tours and see that there are many offerings. I'm sure there are tour operators that can handle what you are seeking. We've taken private tours on Barbados before and were happy with the experience. We've never disembarked in Barbados so I can't be more specific as to your needs. Check Google. You should be able to arrange something easily enough.

Have great cruise.

We did the rum factory tour at Barbados and loved it. But we didn't disembark there so I can't comment on that part. Good luck!

Someone will probably comment that you may want to go to the page about the port itself and see what's said there. Hope it goes well! Happy Anniversary!

Which airline are you flying home with? Do they offer any kind of luggage collection service? Im cruising from Barbados in May through Virgin holidays and they are opening a departure beach in carlisle bay ~ they deal with the luggage and we check in on the beach and get taken to the airport in time for our evening flight.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Forums mobile app

Which airline are you flying home with? Do they offer any kind of luggage collection service? Im cruising from Barbados in May through Virgin holidays and they are opening a departure beach in carlisle bay ~ they deal with the luggage and we check in on the beach and get taken to the airport in time for our evening flight.

We are flying with Thomas Cook and the check in desk only opens 2-3 hours before take off

We didnt think this late flight would would be an issue as every other cruise line ive sailed with has done excursion with airport drop off for those with late flights !!!!!!

when I messaged Carnival they were not helpful either

Look up Glory Tours - they offer a tour that can take as long as you want (Bathsheba Beach, Harrisons Cave etc.) and would more than likely be able to lock your luggage in the vehicle you are using and then drop you off at the airport.

We used them in late 2016 (not to debark - just tour) and were very happy with their service.

The last time DH and I were in Barbados, we took two tours - rum factory and beer brewery. Very interesting. Having toured places in the US like the Budweiser brewery in St. Louis, we were shocked at the lack of cleanliness in the Barbados brewery with dirt and cobwebs everywhere. Oh well, we enjoyed the free samples afterwards anyway:D The bus driver pointed out the sights along the way.

Here is a link to the Barbados thread in the ports of call section on these boards. You can use the ports of call section for many other ports all over the world as well.https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124

Edit: We went on a Calabaza excursion that was fantastic.

Ive posted on the Barbados Forum however Im awaiting replies

Normal day tours would be difficult for us to take as we have all or our luggage suitcases and hand luggage

There must be other cruisers out there who had this same issue Im hoping one of those can tell me what they did

Thanks if we book a day pass weve narrowed it down to the Radisson as they say they offer a room in the package , not sure if thats a private room or a communal room im waiting for them to reply to my email , or the Hilton these 2 are based on cost

We would prefer the use of a room so we can shower and change as we wont arrive home in the UK until the following day

Im still trying to research possible companies for a private excursion however as its just 2 of us costs could be too high

Loved the boatyard for a day of sun and a beautiful beach with all the amenities.

Came here to say this. The Boatyard is our favorite beach to visit out of all the ports we've been to on 20+ cruises. The sand and water are both amazing. Food and drinks are good. Rope swing and diving platform are fun. And it's cheap!

The best for me however is that you can jump on a quick tour to go swim with sea turtles right from the beach and then come back and relax at the beach for the rest of the day.

The Boatyard really is my favorite destination.

Came here to say this. The Boatyard is our favorite beach to visit out of all the ports we've been to on 20+ cruises. The sand and water are both amazing. Food and drinks are good. Rope swing and diving platform are fun. And it's cheap!

The best for me however is that you can jump on a quick tour to go swim with sea turtles right from the beach and then come back and relax at the beach for the rest of the day.

The Boatyard really is my favorite destination.

Do they have luggage storage?

• 1 month later...

Hey glittergal, just arrived home from Barbados so can answer some of your original questions... you have to be out of your cabin by 930am, luggage has to be outside your room between 745 and 845 and you have to be processed by immigration between 830 and 9 (ours was done in the putting on the ritz lounge) you can stay on the ship until 1pm and your luggage will be waiting by the customs desk after 10am, we stayed on ship until just before 1pm and our luggage was in a secure area waiting.

The last time we went to Barbados, we took a cab to the Boatyard. It was $12, I believe, to get in and it includes a drink and your cab back to the port. They have lounge chairs and umbrellas, as well as, a rope swing and some inflatables in the water.

After a couple of hours there, we walked down the beach and there are a bunch of smallish motorboats that you can hire (we shared with some people we met on our cruise and two randoms) to take you out (maybe 100yds from shore) to swim with the turtles. They give you snorkel gear and throw some food out and next thing you know there are a bunch of turtles around you in the water! Best experience in a port so far!

Hello We are new to Carnival and New to sailing the Caribbean (Feb 2019) We disembark Carnival Fascination In Barbados and I was surprised to find out that Carnival Doesnt offer a late Check out option Or an excursion with airport drop off for those passengers on late flights we dont fly back to the UK until 8.30pm

So can anyone help with our options?

What time do you have to leave your cabin and get off the ship? (outside cabin deck 4)

is there anywhere at the port to leave luggage?

has anyone used a hotel which offers a day pass with a room ?

Or a hotel day pass with storage for luggage?

or does anyone know of a not too expensive tour company which could offer us a tour taking our luggage with us and then drop off after at the airport

Would just like a no hassle stress free end to our holiday so any advice would be greatly received We will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary on the cruise :hearteyes::hearteyes:, After our honeymoon cruise we had a disastrous end with our flights being cancelled and 22 hours stuck in the airport so really need this one to end well

You can't stay on the ship. They have to clean your cabin & make it ready for the next passengers. And they can't start boarding before everyone is off the ship. And you have to claim your luggage before you can go through customs.

You can't stay on the ship. They have to clean your cabin & make it ready for the next passengers. And they can't start boarding before everyone is off the ship. And you have to claim your luggage before you can go through customs.
On an average cruise this may be the case but given that 90% of passengers boarded in San Juan and not barbados, this is a unique cruise, yes you have to leave your cabin but you do not have to leave the ship until 1pm. Customs clearance is done on board as soon as the ship docks