Royal Princess Obstructed View Lido Balcony

livetocruise2005

Does anyone have any pictures or info on how obstructed the Lido Balcony is on Royal Princess rooms L109, L110, L114, or L115? Sailing in L115 in January 2015.
Here's a relatively close-up photo of these cabins. They don't look that obstructed to me. Perhaps the "obstruction" is the Bridge?

mavutabu.jpg

Here's a relatively close-up photo of these cabins. They don't look that obstructed to me. Perhaps the "obstruction" is the Bridge?

mavutabu.jpg

Thanks Pam. I have seen some photos of the outside, but this is much better than any I have seen. I really think the obstruction is only a little extra metal under the glass. Hoping to see some photos from the inside out, just didn't want to get too excited. This room was $300 PP less than the one next to it due to the "obstruction"!

Thanks Again!

• 1 year later...

We just came back from our wonderful 10 day cruise on the Royal Princess. We were on the Lido deck in stateroom 110. It was a little cheaper because of the obstructed view. Well the view really is not obstructed at all. I have enclosed a couple of pictures so you can see for yourself! The only "obstruction" might be the balcony at the front of the ship, it does stick out.

image.jpg.215c5376534dfe3e150eeee1403598cb.jpg[/ATTACH]

just noticed that after April 16, 2016, the BZ "obstructed view" balconies on both Lido and Meridian, are being reclassified and are no longer "obstructed view". Meaning they get to charge people more for these rooms then they do now. They really weren't obstructed to begin with.

• 5 months later...
We just came back from our wonderful 10 day cruise on the Royal Princess. We were on the Lido deck in stateroom 110. It was a little cheaper because of the obstructed view. Well the view really is not obstructed at all. I have enclosed a couple of pictures so you can see for yourself! The only "obstruction" might be the balcony at the front of the ship, it does stick out.

[ATTACH][ATTACH]345880[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Thanks for the great pictures Barb and Glen. We will stay in L110 for 20 days in March 2016. You were very helpful. :cool:

• 2 years later...

My wife and I had L110 in Royal Princess around UK cruise mid September 2018. We booked a little late and didn't have many good cabin options left. We were after a balcony cabin and I never take obstructed. Our agent booked this cabin and I was desperate to see what the obstruction was and if we would be parked behind a horrible and huge tender. To our surprise this cabin was better than we could ever hope for and to think it was discounted because it was obstructed... I hope the cruise line don't read this review. It was on the port side on the second highest deck and just one cabin back from the front corner cabin, above the bridge. In fact we were so high we looked down on the bridge. Supposedly the reason why it was deemed obstructed was because there was an overhead structure about 15 feet above our cabin that meant the sun never shone directly onto our deck. It did actually in the morning, but the fact that we could sit out there and enjoy the sea air without worrying about being sunburn was perfect for us. Very little noise up here, if any. Great that you can walk back on the same deck to the Buffet and if peckish, you can bring some pizza back to the cabin. Our steward couldn't do enough for us. We have done about 22 cruises, mostly in the south pacific and the royal princess is up there with the best we have sailed on being the Solstice. We never had trouble finding a table in the buffet, which is a problem at meal times on other ships of this class. Highly recommend. Rob Wallace. New Zealand

My wife and I had L110 in Royal Princess around UK cruise mid September 2018. We booked a little late and didn't have many good cabin options left. We were after a balcony cabin and I never take obstructed. Our agent booked this cabin and I was desperate to see what the obstruction was and if we would be parked behind a horrible and huge tender. To our surprise this cabin was better than we could ever hope for and to think it was discounted because it was obstructed... I hope the cruise line don't read this review. It was on the port side on the second highest deck and just one cabin back from the front corner cabin, above the bridge. In fact we were so high we looked down on the bridge. Supposedly the reason why it was deemed obstructed was because there was an overhead structure about 15 feet above our cabin that meant the sun never shone directly onto our deck. It did actually in the morning, but the fact that we could sit out there and enjoy the sea air without worrying about being sunburn was perfect for us. Very little noise up here, if any. Great that you can walk back on the same deck to the Buffet and if peckish, you can bring some pizza back to the cabin. Our steward couldn't do enough for us. We have done about 22 cruises, mostly in the south pacific and the royal princess is up there with the best we have sailed on being the Solstice. We never had trouble finding a table in the buffet, which is a problem at meal times on other ships of this class. Highly recommend. Rob Wallace. New Zealand

Thanks for the follow up! :)