Hahaha. I'm a Pre-Gold Newbie! Whoop de doo!

One upshot of Pre Gold is the First time cruise line which can sometimes be shorter than those with status. Try to arrive to port by 11 to get a quicker embarkation.

Ooh that is good to know and I think we will indeed get to port right about that time. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your pre-gold and my emerald will barely be discernible. I might get to board before you, and I'll get a robe in my stateroom that I'll likely never use. Otherwise, virtually no difference!

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Being pre-gold is just as important as any other level. We all started out the same. Status/level means nothing in the big picture. Having a great cruise is what it’s all about. I hope you have a wonderful cruise with your family!:D

Furthermore, DH and I are both busy at work in a way that is hard to overstate (we are both middle management at two different companies) and the timing for us to be abandoning our respective workplaces has turned out to be poor. We both are very dedicated to the concept of servant leadership and therefore feel bad about leaving our teams to manage a large workload without our help. !

We understand, we are both that way. But my cruise clock on my desk is a reminder to not blow my lid as I have something to look forward to. My team was 13 people when I started. They put on a wage freeze and everyone left. When the hiring freeze was lifted they replaced the people that left with higher salaries which was needed to attract people, meanwhile the loyal people were still under the wage freeze. Before you knew it the most senior people were the lowest paid. I have no trouble leaving my team to fend for itself. :evilsmile: This is also why my cell phone goes in the safe and no internet till the last day. Enjoy.

This was a great read this morning as I am frantically trying to get all my ducks in a row before we leave in one week. My coworkers are stressed out that I am leaving them "hanging" and wanted me to be on some conference calls the week I am gone. Work over the last year has been CRAZY!! I really need this cruise and am so glad I will be unreachable on this vacation - at least most of the time. My job does not involve saving lives.

Christine

Being pre-gold is just as important as any other level. We all started out the same. NOT TRUE, we started as DIAMOND. Status/level means nothing in the big picture:D
Have to agree with the big picture.

We both are very dedicated to the concept of servant leadership and therefore feel bad about leaving our teams to manage a large workload without our help.

You sound like the type of manager who wouldn't give their employees crap for using the vacation they earned, and you probably encourage them to do so. The same rules should apply to you. You've earned it, so take it without feeling guilty. :)

After all, we are Pre-Gold. Who wouldn't be impressed by that?

I, for one, am awestruck merely to share the same internet with you. ;)

Have a great trip!

Thank you all so much for indulging me. You are very kind. I’m here wrapping up the last couple hours at the office and you’ve all helped me relax and feel okay about the break.

I literally push my employees out the door when they are working too much and they do want me to enjoy the vacation. They gave me the sunglasses and hat in my photo to wear on a cruise. Plus last time I brought them back Tortuga rum cakes!

I think this time they really need just the rum!

I’m not only impressed K Mom, Id actually prefer to sit and chat with you at the R bar than in that club that would have me as a member! Thanks for the laugh!

Remember that just like badly behaved frat boys don’t represent all frat boys, there are many on board you won’t know how many cruises they’ve had! ;) You are in for a treat! Oasis is a GREAT ship. Have a wonderful cruise! :)

Sooooo jealous for 2 reasons

1)Oasis tomorrow (snow and 1 C here)

2)Being able to flaunt and talk about my pre-Gold status on CC. I wasn't smart enough to find this place BEFORE my first cruise to let everyone know I was" kind of a big deal":cool::cool::cool:

Now u are a future Pinnacle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Thanks for welcoming me into such elite company. I’m afraid I’m more of a brand collector. As you can see from my signature I’m up to 5 brands now. I enjoyed the lower end Premier and Carnival voyages just as much as the fancier Disney, Celebrity, and just now, the unbelievable marvel that is Oasis of the Seas.

So far, the only thing wrong with ANY cruise is that I’m not on it! I think my family will continue to shop based on departure and port locations, timing, and overall price/value ratios.

We were very pleased with Royal and would gladly recommend them and travel with them again but I would say the same of all my cruises. I would even recommend Premier if they were still around!! They all have their merits depending on your budget and preferences.

Well we just got off the ship and as far as I can tell the status meant exactly what I thought it would. Nothing. The cruise was great!

Glad you enjoyed it! Oasis was our first RCI cruise too, 5 years ago -and we were immediately hooked. Now we’re a little higher than pre-Gold; you will soon be too :)

Glad you had fun. What did you love the most?

What set Oasis apart from my prior experiences across the cruise industry are as follows:

1. Entertainment was world class. We greatly enjoyed Carnival's entertainment as well, but CATS was performed at a Broadway/West End caliber - all the performers were incredible, and I am especially looking at you, Mr. Mistoffeles! We happily watched the entire, nearly 3 hour performance. Come Fly with Me was close to a Cirque du Soleil experience; and the Aqua show performers (we saw both Oasis of Dreams and Splish Splash) are at international competition levels. Comedians were excellent.

2. Our inside stateroom 10452 was not very large, but very efficiently designed with excellent use of space and it looked nice and modern. We were an inside guarantee so we did not choose location, but this room was right off the forward elevator lobby and could hardly have been better. Very easy for our tween to find her way to and from the room without wandering through a lot of corridors. Easy to get up to the Solarium, pools, and teen club, or down to Central Park, the Royal Promenade and Entertainment Place. It was also quiet in spite of being at a high traffic intersection. Mattress was memory foam with a softer foam topper and very comfortable.

3. Okay let's face it. This ship is stunning. Yes, I liked little old Carnival-Fantasy-Class Sensation very much. BUT WOW. Oasis is not just a notch above that. More like 10 or 20 notches above that. Furthermore, though it's almost 10 years old, it looks contemporary and nearly brand new. Of course it takes a beating from 6000 middle end clients per week and if you are a white glove picky person, you can find signs of wear, the occasional spot on a heavily trodden carpet, an Aqua theater seat whose threads are finally wearing out from years of sun damage and heavy bottoms, mismatched replacement soap dispensers in the public restrooms. The overall effect, however, is beautiful, almost opulent.

4. The Solarium is a really, really well designed adults-only space. Its bistro, which is open to all ages, adds a bit of noise and keeps it from being completely zen, but it includes its own pool, hot tubs (there are plenty of hot tubs on this ship) and lots of loungers. I fell asleep on one of the padded sun beds and had a blissful hour long nap while most of the ship was onshore in Labadee, before heading over there myself.

5. Speaking of Labadee, I was unsure of how I felt about the place in advance, due to political and other concerns, but I now feel that Royal Caribbean's presence may be one of the best things that has happened to Haiti in the last 50 years. In a country that is struggling to prosper, the cruise line has provided employment for a lot of people who seem very grateful as there is little in the way of opportunity in their naturally beautiful but troubled nation. Our local tour guide on the kayak expedition (Albert, pronounced the French way, Al-bear) told us as much and requested that we ask everyone we know to support this cruise line and hopefully choose an itinerary that brings them to Labadee. The cruise line's lease is in effect until sometime around 2050 and already I think the locals worry about what will happen if they leave at that time.

What set Oasis apart from my prior experiences across the cruise industry are as follows:

1. Entertainment was world class. We greatly enjoyed Carnival's entertainment as well, but CATS was performed at a Broadway/West End caliber - all the performers were incredible, and I am especially looking at you, Mr. Mistoffeles! We happily watched the entire, nearly 3 hour performance. Come Fly with Me was close to a Cirque du Soleil experience; and the Aqua show performers (we saw both Oasis of Dreams and Splish Splash) are at international competition levels. Comedians were excellent.

2. Our inside stateroom 10452 was not very large, but very efficiently designed with excellent use of space and it looked nice and modern. We were an inside guarantee so we did not choose location, but this room was right off the forward elevator lobby and could hardly have been better. Very easy for our tween to find her way to and from the room without wandering through a lot of corridors. Easy to get up to the Solarium, pools, and teen club, or down to Central Park, the Royal Promenade and Entertainment Place. It was also quiet in spite of being at a high traffic intersection. Mattress was memory foam with a softer foam topper and very comfortable.

3. Okay let's face it. This ship is stunning. Yes, I liked little old Carnival-Fantasy-Class Sensation very much. BUT WOW. Oasis is not just a notch above that. More like 10 or 20 notches above that. Furthermore, though it's almost 10 years old, it looks contemporary and nearly brand new. Of course it takes a beating from 6000 middle end clients per week and if you are a white glove picky person, you can find signs of wear, the occasional spot on a heavily trodden carpet, an Aqua theater seat whose threads are finally wearing out from years of sun damage and heavy bottoms, mismatched replacement soap dispensers in the public restrooms. The overall effect, however, is beautiful, almost opulent.

4. The Solarium is a really, really well designed adults-only space. Its bistro, which is open to all ages, adds a bit of noise and keeps it from being completely zen, but it includes its own pool, hot tubs (there are plenty of hot tubs on this ship) and lots of loungers. I fell asleep on one of the padded sun beds and had a blissful hour long nap while most of the ship was onshore in Labadee, before heading over there myself.

5. Speaking of Labadee, I was unsure of how I felt about the place in advance, due to political and other concerns, but I now feel that Royal Caribbean's presence may be one of the best things that has happened to Haiti in the last 50 years. In a country that is struggling to prosper, the cruise line has provided employment for a lot of people who seem very grateful as there is little in the way of opportunity in their naturally beautiful but troubled nation. Our local tour guide on the kayak expedition (Albert, pronounced the French way, Al-bear) told us as much and requested that we ask everyone we know to support this cruise line and hopefully choose an itinerary that brings them to Labadee. The cruise line's lease is in effect until sometime around 2050 and already I think the locals worry about what will happen if they leave at that time.

Glad you enjoyed Oasis! We depart on the 29th and this will be our 3rd cruise and 2nd on RC... so yes.. we are GOLD!![emoji23] Lol! We have not sailed on anything this size so are looking forward to the experience. I too shouldn't be taking time of work right now but after a cancer scare a few years back I am less worried about missing work! Looking forward to a week of sun and spending time with my beautiful wife and daughter! (Maybe not her boyfriend who is joining us too...[emoji6])

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

Have a great time dcinns! I’m sure you’ll love the ship which will provide a lot of distraction from the boyfriend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quo

Hope so!!:evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:LOL

That's some really solid info. I know a lot of reviews merely tell the complaints, but I appreciate hearing the whole story AND THEN really finding out what you enjoyed most.

Even my cruises that I enjoyed the least were still excellent vacations. Life is what you make it. You focus on having a good time and use the rest as a guide to not repeat the bad part next time.

Although, my friend's grandma wins the unluckiest cruiser ever award. After she retired she went on a total of 2 cruises. The first was sometime in the mid to late 90s. I've googled it and can't find the story, but it ran aground on a sandbar and their vacation was sacked. I *think* it was on Carnival, but only because I know for a fact that her second trip was on Carnival and she was super cheap, so she probably used future credit from the first one on the second one! The second one was the Carnival Ecstasy that caught on fire in 1998.

Cue sad trombone music! She gave up cruising and never did another before she passed away. THAT is an epically bad cruise history!!!!