My Time Dining - Anthem of the Seas - HUH? How does this work

We are booked for the Anthem in March 2019. We have My Time Dining...but wait...I thought that since you had to reserve at all the restaurants, it was all My Time Dining? Can someone help me out with all the specifics?

We are booked for the Anthem in March 2019. We have My Time Dining...but wait...I thought that since you had to reserve at all the restaurants, it was all My Time Dining? Can someone help me out with all the specifics?

With My Time, you can show up without reservations or make reservations, you choice. You don't pick restaurants. You may have seen some old info about choosing restaurants, but that's been gone for years now.

With My Time, you can show up without reservations or make reservations, you choice. You don't pick restaurants. You may have seen some old info about choosing restaurants, but that's been gone for years now.

Bob, I wish Royal would be as accurate as you, this is their answer on UK Facebook page about a month ago when someone asked about dining options on Anthem, no wonder people get confused!!

Royal Caribbean International This is correct! You will be able to choose between The Grande, Chic, Silk, & American Icon Grill each with different menus for you to enjoy a variety of flavors 1f642.png:)

Bob, I wish Royal would be as accurate as you, this is their answer on UK Facebook page about a month ago when someone asked about dining options on Anthem, no wonder people get confused!!

Royal Caribbean International This is correct! You will be able to choose between The Grande, Chic, Silk, & American Icon Grill each with different menus for you to enjoy a variety of flavors 1f642.png:)

Wow! I know that Royal has a hard time keeping up with changes on old web pages, but to hear this from a live representative a month ago boggles the mind.

I know that Royal has a hard time keeping up with changes on old web pages, but to hear this from a live representative a month ago boggles the mind.

Easy to get it wrong when one is reading from a 3 year old script.

So...I'm really confused. I was on the Anthem a few years back...and we had to reserve for the different places...do they have a Dining room now?

Anthem still has 4 different dining rooms, but they now serve the same food from the same menus that change nightly.

On the Oasis and Freedom class ships My Time Dining is located on Deck Three. Traditional Dining takes up Deck Four and Five. The same food is served in all of the Main Dining Rooms. I have never personally sailed on a Quantum class ship so I will leave that one out of my post.

Ok...so...how do I reserve....and is it set up like other ships, or different dining rooms in different areas? Can I reserve before the cruise or after I'm on?

You can reserve times pre-cruise using your Cruise Planner or you can reserve onboard, your choice. If you cannot see My Time Dining under Dining in your Cruise Planner, then it's too early to reserve. There's no set time for reservations to become available, you just have to keep checking the Cruise Planner.

Thank you everyone....I had no idea they had stopped Dynamic Dining.....

Question:

Did they make one big Dining room or is it set like before? Different spots to go to?

I haven't been yet (Jan 2019), but from what I have been able to glean, Deck 3 has The Grande & Chic, and those are reserved for people who have the scheduled (ie early or late seating) dinner times.

Deck 4 has American Icon & Silk, which are for MTD.

All 4 rooms are decorated differently, and are 1 level only, which is different from the MDR on most of the other ships, which I believe are 3 levels (only been on explorer & adventure recently, so can't swear to this being the case for all the others)

When I booked for January, I chose MTD, which means our party will go to one of the 2 restaurants on Deck 4. You can just show up when you want to eat, & they will seat you based on table availability (just like a land based restaurant), or you can make reservations for the times you think you will want to eat. I currently have reservations for every night @ 615, which should mean that we will be seated within 5-10 minutes of that time, assuming we show up on time. If we want or need to change those times (shore excursion, specialty restaurant, feel like going to windjammer), they just ask that you call & cancel so that they can use the table for someone else.

I haven't been yet (Jan 2019), but from what I have been able to glean, Deck 3 has The Grande & Chic, and those are reserved for people who have the scheduled (ie early or late seating) dinner times.

Deck 4 has American Icon & Silk, which are for MTD.

When I booked for January, I chose MTD, which means our party will go to one of the 2 restaurants on Deck 4.

Now, I'll complicate things a bit. Just got off Anthem. We had MTD booked with reservations for various times between 5:45 and 6:15. We checked-in on the 'reservations' line on Deck 4. Several times we were led down to Deck 3 to eat in either Grande or Chic. The explanation given was if the people with the standing 5:30 Early Seating don't show-up within 15 minutes, their table is given to MTD passenger overflow. During our 9 night voyage, we dined in each of the 4 dining rooms. Nice.

In the interests of total accuracy, it has been 20 months. :D

oh dear......:(

The explanation given was if the people with the standing 5:30 Early Seating don't show-up within 15 minutes, their table is given to MTD passenger overflow.

This can happen on any ship but is more likely on Quantum class due to the design of the ship and dining venue capacities.

Originally posted by Ship2Shore The explanation given was if the people with the standing 5:30 Early Seating don't show-up within 15 minutes, their table is given to MTD passenger overflow.

This can happen on any ship but is more likely on Quantum class due to the design of the ship and dining venue capacities.

I was expanding and clarifying the consensus that those with MTD on Anthem were limited to two dining venues - American Icon and Silk. The poster was specifically inquiring about Anthem.