Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

I saw that yesterday. If my passport wasn't in process for renewal I would have jumped on it. I have the FF miles to have gotten back and a job where I could have hunkered down in England with some old coworkers with internet access and worked till I could get a FF flight.

You might try looking at airfare to a US city that has direct Norwegian Air flights to London--I'm flying from Seattle to London in early June for $160 one-way. At that price it's worthwhile to pre-book a cheap flight and then wait for a Transatlantic sailaway fare before booking the cruise (I nearly bit on the Breakaway to England for $500 or so in April). It would also be kind of cool to fly and sail Norwegian on the same trip.

Heads up to anyone wanting to experience MSC's Yacht Club. Currently there is no solo supplement on the November 30th 2019 sailing of the MSC Seaside from Miami. YC Deluxe Suite is $2097 total solo. Normal price would be over $4k. Still a few cabins available, and only a $99 refundable deposit. Good luck!

Tony

May 29-June 12, 2018 (14 nights)

Fred.Olsen Braemar

Choose Your Own Cruise - Baltic (St. Petersburg plus five other ports of call, determined by the passengers)

Single Anchor Fare (guaranteed cabin and ship assigns dining time)

Single Interior

GBP 999/about USD 1400 including port taxes

Heads up to anyone wanting to experience MSC's Yacht Club. Currently there is no solo supplement on the November 30th 2019 sailing of the MSC Seaside from Miami. YC Deluxe Suite is $2097 total solo. Normal price would be over $4k. Still a few cabins available, and only a $99 refundable deposit. Good luck!

Thanks for posting this, Tony. Booked!

Just a reminder for those of you who have never tried MSC (I'm one of them): You can get a status match if you already have status on another cruise line (or hotel program, or frequent flier program). I've got Platinum status on Princess and MSC matched me to Gold status in their Voyager club. Sadly, I might have done it too soon as the status match is only good for a year and it expires on 30 December of this year. I don't know if they'll extend it now that I've actually booked a cruise.

UPDATE: MSC extended the expiration of my Gold status for another year. Yay!

Has anyone gotten an MSC status match based on airline FF status? I am a new cruiser, but have lifetime Platinum status on American Airlines from years of 150-200k flight miles for business.

Has anyone gotten an MSC status match based on airline FF status? I am a new cruiser, but have lifetime Platinum status on American Airlines from years of 150-200k flight miles for business.

Actually, I misspoke above. If you read the fine print of their status match offer, they specifically exclude airline FF programs.

MSC Cruises will only consider benefit cards from other Cruising companies, Hotels or Tour Operators. AirlineCompany benefit cards are excluded.

Apologies for posting the misinformation. And, alas, I'm beyond the Edit window on that post so I can't go back to correct it.

Tony

Tony, Thanks for the information! I just booked this today.

Tony

Tony, thank you as well from me. I booked Sunday afternoon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All of us solo's that just grabbed that MSC deal will have to meet at the YC bar and hoist a drink in Tony's honour. :)

Thank you for the kind gesture, but certainly not necessary. I'm just giving back to this forum that's helped so many solos find great deals. Plus, I snagged a spot myself. Couldn't pass up such a rare opportunity! 😛

Tony

Last minute deal on NCL Getaway out of Miami, 7 day western Caribbean, Sails this Sunday, as follows:

Inside GTY, 529 plus taxes, for a total of 690

Inside w/perk, 699 plus taxes, & tips ( UBP, 125), For a total of 985

For those in Florida and have a next cruise cert, would be a pretty good deal. I'm in Florida, but have granddaughter's graduation that week, so I just wait to the next deal.

Last minute deal on NCL Getaway out of Miami, 7 day western Caribbean, Sails this Sunday, as follows:

Inside GTY, 529 plus taxes, for a total of 690

Inside w/perk, 699 plus taxes, & tips ( UBP, 125), For a total of 985

For those in Florida and have a next cruise cert, would be a pretty good deal. I'm in Florida, but have granddaughter's graduation that week, so I just wait to the next deal.

You're right, a great solo deal. Plus Inside GTY has now dropped to $499, still showing availability today. Would not be surprised if that inside drops one more time before sailing; tight booking window. With a cruise next certificate....reasonable price for a quick 7 day holiday.

NCL Escape for next Sunday now has some good deals- GTY's but Balconies can get 2 promos -I upgraded from a Studio. ex. Balcony GTY $849 sailaway or $1,149 with 2 promos- Inside GTY $599, I waited to today to move from Studio. For $70 I got the BX and internet (250- might pay to upgrade to unlimited)

NCL Escape for next Sunday now has some good deals- GTY's but Balconies can get 2 promos -I upgraded from a Studio. ex. Balcony GTY $849 sailaway or $1,149 with 2 promos- Inside GTY $599, I waited to today to move from Studio. For $70 I got the BX and internet (250- might pay to upgrade to unlimited)

Sorry what is a GTY?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, it is a guarantee that puts you in at least the category you booked but perhaps higher- I did one once in an upgrade 8 years ago (i.e. went from inside to outside view). The risk is you don't know which specific cabin you are getting until it is assigned.

However, I took it because for $70 and 250 free minutes I thought it was worth it

Hi, it is a guarantee that puts you in at least the category you booked but perhaps higher- I did one once in an upgrade 8 years ago (i.e. went from inside to outside view). The risk is you don't know which specific cabin you are getting until it is assigned.

However, I took it because for $70 and 250 free minutes I thought it was worth it

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did book this Costa Cruise in the US: Costa Neoromantica - Sept. 30 2018 14 nights $1670 single room incl. tax. (I got a discount from an agent.) Sails around main Japan islands and goes to Jeju and Busan in S Korea. Costa has good Japan cruises all fall, going to different places, 7-17 days, all similar prices. However, over 1/2 of passengers probably don't speak English.