I can’t find the answer to this

zoryana

We are planning on going to the Caribbean, with my husband.

I’m a Naturalized US Citizen. I have a passport. Citizenship Certificate. And my birth certificates in Ukrainian language because that’s where I was born.

Now my husband only recently came here on a K-1 visa. We got married here and he received his green card and social security. He has a passport but it’s Ukrainian. And his birth certificate is Ukrainian as well. I’m worried if any of this will cause us problems at ports.

Zoryana ❤️

If you have a US passport, that is all you will need. If you haven't yet got a US passport, I believe you will need picture ID and your naturalization papers. All your husband needs is his green card and Ukrainian passport. EM

Ports of call - not directly, the most we've ever needed to show anyone in a port is our cruise card and sometimes a photo ID to get back through port security.

Embarkation though - yes, if a Ukrainian needs a Visa to enter any of the countries you're going to visit on your cruise! Unless he has permission to enter EVERY country visited, he will be denied boarding. Unless there just so happen to be other Ukrainians reading these boards, who have cruised to the exact same places you want to visit, and recently enough that no rules have changed (unlikely!) you need to go find your info from the original sources - the governments of each country - rather than depend on anyone here giving you the correct answer.

You've already gotten one wrong answer, since without knowing the countries it's impossible to say whether just a passport & green card is enough - a quick skim of Wikipedia's Ukrainian Visa requirements page shows several Caribbean nations are happy to allow non-Visa travel, but not all (and most of the links look to be from 2014 or older, so things may have changed for the worse or the better). Don't rely on Wiki - but it is very handy for giving you links to all the various government pages in one place, so you can quickly go and check the original sources.

Zoryana, you should get a US passport immediately if you don't already have one. That will help for this trip as US citizens don't need visas for much of the Caribbean - although you do need visas for Brazil and Cuba and some South American countries. For your husband, you are going to have to go to the Embassy website of each of the islands you will be visiting to find out if your husband will need a visa or not. He will need both his Ukranian passport as well as his Green Card to re-enter the US. Be certain he takes both of these documents with him on the trip otherwise he could be deported back to Ukraine upon arrival in the US. I know he will need a visa for Mexico, much of South America and quite a few of the Caribbean islands as well. In addition he will probably have to provide financial proof that he has means to be there. If he doesn't have these visas before boarding the ship, he will be denied boarding so be sure you get that done well in advance of your trip.

Here is visa information for US Citizens: https://cibtvisas.com/visa-quick-check

Honestly, depending on how complicated of an itinerary you are contemplating, you might be better off doing a more simple cruise such as one to Bermuda where you have only 1 port of call, but it is still an island or do a cruise in the Med as Ukranian citizens now have visa free travel within the EU: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/05/eu-approves-visa-free-travel-ukrainians-170511140552955.html

You might wait to do the Caribbean until after your husband becomes a US citizen. Just a thought.

Zoryana, you should get a US passport immediately if you don't already have one. That will help for this trip as US citizens don't need visas for much of the Caribbean - although you do need visas for Brazil and Cuba and some South American countries. For your husband, you are going to have to go to the Embassy website of each of the islands you will be visiting to find out if your husband will need a visa or not. He will need both his Ukranian passport as well as his Green Card to re-enter the US. Be certain he takes both of these documents with him on the trip otherwise he could be deported back to Ukraine upon arrival in the US. I know he will need a visa for Mexico, much of South America and quite a few of the Caribbean islands as well. In addition he will probably have to provide financial proof that he has means to be there. If he doesn't have these visas before boarding the ship, he will be denied boarding so be sure you get that done well in advance of your trip.

Here is visa information for US Citizens: https://cibtvisas.com/visa-quick-check

Honestly, depending on how complicated of an itinerary you are contemplating, you might be better off doing a more simple cruise such as one to Bermuda where you have only 1 port of call, but it is still an island or do a cruise in the Med as Ukranian citizens now have visa free travel within the EU: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/05/eu-approves-visa-free-travel-ukrainians-170511140552955.html

You might wait to do the Caribbean until after your husband becomes a US citizen. Just a thought.

First, please read the OP's post carefully. Her first and second second sentences say : "I’m a Naturalized US Citizen. I have a passport."

Second, while some holding a green card may need a passport from the country of which they are a citizen in order to enter another country, they do not need anything more than their green card to reenter the US. Per US CBP:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1191/~/traveling-outside-of-the-u.s.---documents-needed-for-lawful-permanent-residents

"Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR) of the U.S. must present a Permanent Resident Card ("Green Card", Form I-551), a Reentry Permit (if gone for more than 1 year), or a Returning Resident Visa (if gone for 2 years or more) to reenter the United States.

United States (U.S.) LPRs do not need a passport to enter the U.S. as per 8 CFR 211.1(a), however, they may need a passport to enter another country. Please contact the embassy of the foreign country you will be traveling to for their requirements."

Third, per the Mexican consulate in San Franciso, US LPRs are not required to have a visa to enter Mexico, plus foreigners from any country traveling to Mexico on a cruise ship do not need a visa, just their country's passport:

https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/sanfrancisco/index.php/visas-traveling-to-mexico

• "With the purpose of facilitating and promoting travel to Mexico, effective May 2016 all those foreign nationals, regardless of their nationality, visiting Mexico for tourism, business or transit are NOT required to obtain a Mexican visa IF they hold a valid (non-expired) Visa or Permanent Residence of any of this countries: United States of America, Canada, Japan, United Kingdom or Schengen area (European Union).
  • Traveling by cruise. Foreigners of any country traveling to Mexico by cruise on leisure trips visiting Mexican maritime ports, are NOT required to obtain a visa or consular stamp. The passenger must carry its valid passport."

The OP needs to check the entry requirements for every country on their itinerary.