7 night cruise question

famof4togo

Menus not usually. from what I can tell Menus are kinda catered to the region your cruising or ports your visiting. Fun times are more per ship activities. each ship is different so kinda depends on what ship your on. As far as Formal nights thats pretty standard. 7 night cruises have formal nights on Second night and second to last night.

Thank you!! ...I'm on the Splendor out of Long Beach in March...but since its currently relocating from a different itinerary I guess I'll just have to be patient until it starts sailing out of Long Beach...lol

We are also on the Splendor when she comes back to California.

I'd expect the elegant nights to be the same as the other ships that have done this route.

They are the day after you board the ship and the night of the day before your last day on the ship. If your ship leaves on Saturday then the elegant night will be Sunday and Thursday.

I was on the Dream last week for a 7 day cruise, and formal nights were on days 2 and 5. Slightly different than what we were used to, but we think it was because we had a late sail away from port on night 6 and and early sail away on night 5. Just something to keep in mind. :)

Now that I am cruising a 7 night cruise again, I am assuming lobster will be on the menu?

Yes formal night will be the second night (your first sea day, all relaxed, plenty of time to dress up and show up all pretty.)

then go, go , go and then your next formal night (most folks aren't as formal the second time around)

and then it's laundry and pack night, and dinner is very informal. Have a great cruise!

Marshhawk I loved your explanation!

My daughter says she needs a vacation to recuperate from her cruise because it is always "go, go, go".

I try to tell her she can slow all the way down to relax and do nothing at all in the spa or on the balcony but then she says she is worried she would miss something fun.

As for formal nights, itinerary does play a part but usually first sea day evening and the night before your last night on board.

If your itinerary has two sea days at the end, the second "formal" night will likely be the second to the last day. Splendor does alternating itineraries, so be sure that the one you are comparing with is the same for a more accurate comparison.

Thanks for all the great info! I'm going on the Dream in July for my first 7 day cruise, and wasn't sure when the Formal aka Elegant nights were.

Turns out the first one will be on my birthday...definitely gonna get dressed up and fancy for the pics...which means better wait on gorging myself at the buffet until later ;p