Itinerary Change...... All Ready!

PoohUnderstands

Just got formal notification from Princess for our Caribbean cruise of 03/10/2018. Princess has already decided to change our port of call from Dominica to Martinique. In a way this makes me sad, in that Dominica was hit so badly that this far ahead of time Princess can tell that Dominica will not be ready to receive tourists again. I mean, we are still almost 4 months out and the decision has already been made. So sad for this island.

Pooh

Just got formal notification from Princess for our Caribbean cruise of 03/10/2018. Princess has already decided to change our port of call from Dominica to Martinique. In a way this makes me sad, in that Dominica was hit so badly that this far ahead of time Princess can tell that Dominica will not be ready to receive tourists again. I mean, we are still almost 4 months out and the decision has already been made. So sad for this island.

Pooh

It won't be ready by then. The devastation is unbelievable. Take what you've seen about Puerto Rico and multiple it out. They're not projecting full restoration of electricity till April. Running water hasn't been fully restored as yet. Piers are still undergoing repairs. Roads are still closed in many places. The shelter population is decreasing finally, but still hundreds living in shelters vs their homes. And so on. Dominica won't be taking large influxes of tourists this season. Maybe, maybe small ships, 1,000 or less in the spring, but that would be a max. Don't hold your breath for this year.

Pooh

Have you seen the news, even US territories in bad shape.

OJAIDENNY,

How fortunate you are to be going to St. Kitts! I would love to go here again instead of Martinique but that is what we get. You will love St. Kitts. It reminds me a lot of Hawaii. The train ride was fun as well as the tour to the plantation and fort.

Enjoy your cruise.

Pooh