PVP's offer special rates by phone?

919Florida

I checked my Carnival e-mails and it links to a site that ask for zip code then displays travel agents in my area. I plan on calling the main 800 number and asking to put me to a PVP. I will up date the post and let you know how that worked out.

So I know the simple answer here is to just call and find out but I wanted to ask you guys for your experience.

I have been pricing cruises on the Carnival website. I use my VIFP number so I can get those exclusive rates. I'm not ready to book yet as I am just searching for dates that would work and prices etc. Anyways the personal vacation planner called my house phone when I was at work and left a message saying not to book through the website and that I need to call him as they have special rates not available to the website. Is that really true? I honestly never heard of that but maybe I missed it. I dont want to call and end up getting pressured to a credit card or some sales tour etc. Thanks for any info you guys have

That is bull....

I am not sure about special pricing but if it's true would be good. When I last talked to a PVP that called the house she told me in addition to making sure I received the best possible price (may be the same as on line) she would notify me of any price reductions and take care of making sure I received the new discounted rate after I booked. I also told her what the next cruise we wanted to take and I was waiting for the price to go down before I booked it. She said she would monitor and let me know. It actually went down and I booked it myself on line and never heard back from her. Not really sure if there is value or not. I also lost her contact info. No way of knowing if she is still my PVP or not.

Well, yes, you can get price drops when they drop if you are qualified, and you don't need a PVP to get it...you can fill out form online and submit it. What OP is asking is, if I understand correctly, is if PVP can book a LOWER rate than is shown publicly?? The answer is NO, maybe they can give you a 'perk', like a TA, but CCL's rate cannot be lower than published and a PVP does NOT have that ability to do so.

But I don’t have to fill out any forms. I just send a text message.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival has just announced a program for travel agents that meet specific sales targets during the first three months of 2018. They can increase their commissions from about 10% to 15%. There are those that share their commission, and an additional few points might be shared too. If you book through Carnival, there will be no soup for you.

I need to get a PVP - I've always done bookings either online or by calling to ask for a specific room. I know you can't ask for suggestions on here - but some of these tips would be interesting to have access to

Some pvp's are good and some are pretty useless.

Have found it best to ask cruising friends for recommendations.