Horizon

Floridastorm

I believe that this is Carnival's newest and largest ship and is one of the reasons I would like to try it out. It also has loads of eating places on board and that will please both my wife and myself.

Two questions:

How is the entertainment such as shows, etc.? I would think that a brand new ship would have excellent entertainment, at least for the first year or so.

I see that there are Interior Cabins with Picture Windows. Some of the other Carnival ships also have these cabins. Can someone explain how they are set up? On the ship's schematic they seem located at the bow. Are they the same price as other Interior Cabins or more expensive?

Thanks.............................:confused:

I believe the interior cabins you are referring to are 4Js, so they are 4J pricing which would be more than 4A.

There is a area outside these windows where you and all the public can walk. Its nice and quiet but also not private, so anyone can be out there and easily look into your cabin if your curtains arent pulled.

Just my two cents but for the money I prefer port holes. there are some 1A port holes which have a sofa bed and a twin where the beds do not push together. There are also some 4A, 4B etc ... 4A is bottom deck, 4B, next deck up etc. where the beds do push together and these cabins are just a couple feet shy of the 220 s.f. of a OV for a inside price.

I got moved without my consent to a 4J, booked a port hole and got stuck in a HC 4J which was tiny and the beds didnt push together. The shower was half the cabin, so even with 4Js, they are not all created alike. Some love these because you can walk out on the area in front of these cabins with a drink or take pictures at sunset, kind of like having your own big balcony, except no chairs to sit on, just stand there and enjoy the sunset.

Im going to be on Vista and have heard one of the shows is a dont miss, its worth seeing, so I too hope the shows are a little above average. Vista was built just slight before Horizon, so same category ship.

We were on the Horizon for 26 days (Med. and transatlantic). The shows are great, but the theater isn't! Make sure you arrive about 1/2 hour early to get a decent seat----the theater doesn't have enough seating for the groups that want to use it, and the sight lines are limited, poles all over destroy your view.

Entertainment on Horizon - the best:

Lennox Lust - excellent duo (guitars). They are great and seemed to love what they are doing.

Show: Celestial Strings. SO good. Even my DH loved it and he hates musicals. Be sure to see the after show in the atruim. We watched that after both shows it was so great.

We were on the Horizon for 26 days (Med. and transatlantic). The shows are great, but the theater isn't! Make sure you arrive about 1/2 hour early to get a decent seat----the theater doesn't have enough seating for the groups that want to use it, and the sight lines are limited, poles all over destroy your view.

where would you recommend trying to get a seat?

Is the theatre on the Horizon still a 'multi purpose' room with movable seats and a flat non-tiered floor? I had been told that they were making corrections to the Horizon after all the complaints on the Vista, are the theatres the same on both these ships? If so, they are truly a BIG mistake in design.....you will need to get there VERY early (as the capacity is reduced compared to other ships as well) and sit where there are no poles blocking your view of the stage (which is few and far between). Very disappointing feature on these new huge ships!

I believe the interior cabins you are referring to are 4Js, so they are 4J pricing which would be more than 4A.

There is a area outside these windows where you and all the public can walk. Its nice and quiet but also not private, so anyone can be out there and easily look into your cabin if your curtains arent pulled.

Just my two cents but for the money I prefer port holes. there are some 1A port holes which have a sofa bed and a twin where the beds do not push together. There are also some 4A, 4B etc ... 4A is bottom deck, 4B, next deck up etc. where the beds do push together and these cabins are just a couple feet shy of the 220 s.f. of a OV for a inside price.

I got moved without my consent to a 4J, booked a port hole and got stuck in a HC 4J which was tiny and the beds didnt push together. The shower was half the cabin, so even with 4Js, they are not all created alike. Some love these because you can walk out on the area in front of these cabins with a drink or take pictures at sunset, kind of like having your own big balcony, except no chairs to sit on, just stand there and enjoy the sunset.

Im going to be on Vista and have heard one of the shows is a dont miss, its worth seeing, so I too hope the shows are a little above average. Vista was built just slight before Horizon, so same category ship.

In the schematic it is showing that the 4J cabins are the same size as other cabins in this class which is 185 sf. If they are, in fact 185 sf, then they should not be that small as most other ships have inside and oceanview cabins that are quite a bit smaller in square footage. I have also noticed that Carnival ships seem to have cabins that are quite a bit larger than other lines, at least the Insides, Oceanviews, and Balconies are. We do Port Hole and standard Oceanviews most of the time.

Is the theatre on the Horizon still a 'multi purpose' room with movable seats and a flat non-tiered floor? I had been told that they were making corrections to the Horizon after all the complaints on the Vista, are the theatres the same on both these ships? If so, they are truly a BIG mistake in design.....you will need to get there VERY early (as the capacity is reduced compared to other ships as well) and sit where there are no poles blocking your view of the stage (which is few and far between). Very disappointing feature on these new huge ships!

One would think that the Engineers and Designers would know about this inconvenience from the get go. There may be a necessity for support structures of this type depending upon how much weight is located above the theater. However, if other ships can have theaters built without such structures, then there is a serious design flaw in the Horizon.

Floridastorm, We sailed on the Horizon TA-14 days in May. Cabin 6206 which was a 4J walkway view. We loved it! Definitely larger than an interior of 185 SF. During the daytime you can not see in from the outside. Very few people were out there during our cruise. It is a long walk from there to the other end but that did not bother us. Lacking is closet space, but we manged. I would book that cabin again.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 10:38 PM, leen50 said:

Floridastorm, We sailed on the Horizon TA-14 days in May. Cabin 6206 which was a 4J walkway view. We loved it! Definitely larger than an interior of 185 SF. During the daytime you can not see in from the outside. Very few people were out there during our cruise. It is a long walk from there to the other end but that did not bother us. Lacking is closet space, but we manged. I would book that cabin again.

That's good to know. I like the positioning of those cabins and that they are categorized as Inside but also have a window.