Suite 747 on Encore

MikeD1000

We have just been allocated from guarantee V3 to suite 747 and it appears to be next to a void area which is possibly the staff staircase. Does anyone know if this is likely to be noisy? Other suites similarly placed are 745, 645, 643, 841, 843. We don't want to argue too much as it is a midship suite.

It also says in the brochure that we can be a connected cabin to 749. Does having a door to the other cabin affect facilities?

Mike

744 is actually closer and opposite. From what I can recall, the space is a store room for the stewardesses. It was certainly never an issue for us.

Ours was not an interconnecting room. For interconnecting rooms, I have read other reports where it depends on the people in the next suite. If they are deaf and watch TV till 3am requiring the sound to be up, noise may be an issue.

Others take gaffer tape to tape across the door join. Don’t know how effective that is.

I had a connecting suite once and I introduced myself to my next door neighbors and said that 3 things could cause a noise problem: loud TV, banging hangers against the wall in the closet, slamming room door. We all agreed to be careful and there were no problems during our cruise.

I've been in 746 and there was not noticeable noise from the staff room you mentioned. Connecting door will probably be a cause of disturbance unless your hearing is dull. I'd shift. I've never been in any hotel or cruise cabin that didn't have some noise issues when there was a connecting door, so I do not accept them now.

As this was a guarantee booking, and therefore cheaper than a chosen suite, the OP does not have the option of asking for a different suite. We once had an adjoining suite, and only heard the neighbours if they talked right by the connecting door. After a chat with them, the problem disappeared.

Agree that the interconnecting door could be a issue if you have inconsiderate neighbours. Ours made no effort to tone down their loud conversions, TV and “other things” and made sure to SLAM the door(s) at every opportunity. We did ask for someone to have a word but it made no difference. If we find ourselves in an interconnected room again we will give our neighbours a friendly heads up and if they are equally friendly and reasonable I’m sure there won’t be a problem.

We have just been allocated from guarantee V3 to suite 747 and it appears to be next to a void area which is possibly the staff staircase. Does anyone know if this is likely to be noisy? Other suites similarly placed are 745, 645, 643, 841, 843. We don't want to argue too much as it is a midship suite.

It also says in the brochure that we can be a connected cabin to 749. Does having a door to the other cabin affect facilities?

Mike

That void area forward of 747 is the staff access, lifts and staircase. Also used in emergencey (and drills) by guests.

I have been next to these in the past and not noticed any noise.

Thanks to all of you who replied. Encouraging about the staff area, a little less so about the adjoining room. We'll take up the advice to have a chat with our neighbours.

Mike

:)

If you have a look at one of the deck plans I am pretty certain you will find the stairs are towards the bow :)

If you have a look at one of the deck plans I am pretty certain you will find the stairs are towards the bow :)

Meant to add we will be just on the other side of that white area early Dec this year on the Encore

Last Xmas we were a bit further along on deck 8 . Don't know anything about connecting doors though as we have never had one on the different Seabourn ships we have been on

• 2 weeks later...