Rome In Limo - Continuation of Previous Thread, Community Guidelines Apply

palermo22

Just got back from Barcelona to Venice on Oosterdam. We used RIL in Rome. Franco whisked us from port to Colisium for first tour, he got us to our tour guide and exchanged phone numbers with her. So so glad he did it was a celebration day in Rome and our tour was done as parade was going on. The guides were able to talk, and Franco walked across street to get us to take us to a lively lunch spot. Then all around Rome rest of afternoon. Very little walking for us then and no worries. Perfect day. Thanks Franco.

so im corresponding with RIL now about some tours for OCtober.

they tell me the Vatican tour is only 3 hours long, and you need to do it on a Wednesday afternoon as that is the only time the Basilica is open. Seems like that would be packed. Would we be better off to do a morning tour with them and miss the Basilica but possibly see more or have a more enjoyable/less crowded experience?

We used RomeinLimo on 3 separate tours in Naples/Pompeii, Rome (including a Vatican guide, well worth the extra $), and Florence/Pisa for our recent NCL cruise in April 2018. We were a big group of 15-20 people, booked multiple vans and the company handled our tours perfectly. I highly recommend the company as well as the drivers Enrico, Miss Alex, Claudio, Nick and Maurizio. They were wonderfully knowledgeable, prompt, and friendly. As long as Rome in Limo is available, I tell everyone NEVER pay the exorbitant fees of the cruise-organized tours.

We used RomeinLimo on 3 separate tours in Naples/Pompeii, Rome (including a Vatican guide, well worth the extra $), and Florence/Pisa for our recent NCL cruise in April 2018. We were a big group of 15-20 people, booked multiple vans and the company handled our tours perfectly. I highly recommend the company as well as the drivers Enrico, Miss Alex, Claudio, Nick and Maurizio. They were wonderfully knowledgeable, prompt, and friendly. As long as Rome in Limo is available, I tell everyone NEVER pay the exorbitant fees of the cruise-organized tours.

Did they arrange your tickets for you? or did you have to purchase them on your own?

Did they arrange your tickets for you? or did you have to purchase them on your own?

We were responsible for purchasing our own tickets. Some of them we purchased online prior to arrival (Florence), but we also stood in line on site for about 20 minutes to purchase tickets (Pompeii/Herculaneum). For Naples, there were no tickets, we had a tour of and lunch at Cantina Del Vesuvio, a vineyard located at the base of Mt. Vesuvius.

We were responsible for purchasing our own tickets. Some of them we purchased online prior to arrival (Florence), but we also stood in line on site for about 20 minutes to purchase tickets (Pompeii/Herculaneum). For Naples, there were no tickets, we had a tour of and lunch at Cantina Del Vesuvio, a vineyard located at the base of Mt. Vesuvius.

Thank you.

We just returned from a World cruise on Pacific Princess. Wonderful cruise.

I highly recommend Rome in Limo. There were 6 in our group on April 9, 2018 and Franco was on time at the pier and our driver Franco was wonderful. It was pouring rain and he had umbrellas for each of us. The vehicle was very comfortable. He got us as close to each attraction as possible. He took us to a local restaurant operated by 2 brothers and we had a great family style lunch.

RIL advised us to get Vatican tickets which we did in advance by going direct to their web site. If you get tickets from another source you will have to stand in line to exchange the voucher. Since I use a small scooter we were able to go into the back way to use theramps and we were able to get into the Vatican really fast. Saw the museum and Cistine chapel. Picked up about 3:00 and went back to the dock in Civitavecchia. Very enjoyable day.

Norine

We just came back from a Med cruise and , once again, used Romeinlimo as our tour guides. We used them in 3 different ports. The excursions, when sharing, were much less expensive and a LOT less crowded than ships excursions. There were 6 of us and we fit comfortably in the van. We had 3 drivers in the ports: Clara, Franco, and Johnny (Giovanni). They were all friendly and extremely knowledgable. And Janey, from Romeinlimo, responded quickly whenever I had a question, in the set up stage. I would highly recommend this company!

The Rome in Limo experience was even better than expected. For the 02-May-18 sailing of Vision of the Seas, we organized a 6-person tour to Pisa and Florence. Nikki, our driver and tour guide was fantastic. Her knowledge of the local streets brought us in through the back gate in Pisa, only a few hundred feet from the tower. In Florence, she knew exactly how to get us close to all the sights and even (somehow) managed to get tickets to the Accademia for one of the couples in our group that forgot to buy them in advance. There is so much to see in these places and Nikki helped us to see more than anticipated.

We used RomeinLimo for 3 of the tours on our May 2nd Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona. And we had a great experience with them . Simona who was our driver for the Florence/ Pisa tour was really good. Not only did she personally take us walking around all the main sights in Florence , giving us information on everything we saw, but she managed to park just 100m from the tower in Pisa.. so that we didn't have to walk too much. She also took us to a lovely place for artisanal gelatos in Pisa. Our driver in Salerno, Enrico ... Was wonderful. He had a great sense of humour and kept us in splits with his witty comebacks. He also very sweetly gave us a bottle of limoncello when he dropped us off. Our guide for the Vatican, Francesca was really passionate about her stuff and we had an excellent tour with her. All the pick-ups and drop-offs were on time , we had nothing to worry about. And my interaction with Jany , before and after booking was excellent. She would respond to my emails within hours , no matter how many times I emailed her with queries and suggestions . I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Edited by Topaz27
Want to add in date of cruise

so im corresponding with RIL now about some tours for OCtober.

they tell me the Vatican tour is only 3 hours long, and you need to do it on a Wednesday afternoon as that is the only time the Basilica is open. Seems like that would be packed. Would we be better off to do a morning tour with them and miss the Basilica but possibly see more or have a more enjoyable/less crowded experience?

Is a personal choice and it depends on your and your interest!

I would go with their suggestion but be ready for the crowed :(

• 2 weeks later...

We recently returned from a Med cruise and our Rome exclusion with Vinny was so wonderful that we ended up cancelling our cruise ship excursions for Florence and Naples and booked them with Rome In A Limo. All of our drivers were excellent, it was our first time to Italy and they were wonderful providing details and offering recommendations to make our tour memorable. Vinnie recommended a wonderful Italian restaurant near the Vatican, L'Insalata Ricca. Also having a personal tour guide for the Vatican was a wonderful recommendation. Vincenzo who was our driver in Florence recommended the Galileo Museum for us since my husband is an astro-photographer.. He also took us to a beautiful little winery in Tuscany for a wine tasting, what a wonderful day. Finally on our last day in Naples, Vincenzo gave us a memorable tour of Pompei, Positano, Sorrento and the Amalfi coast, not to forget the Limoncello. We enjoyed all of our drivers and would highly recommend them. We hope to return to Italy one day and will most certainly use Rome In a Limo.

Back from 5 days in Rome with a 10 day cruise, all Italian ports booked with Romeinlimo and after many years of using their services we consider them the best of the best for quality of service, professionalism, and a pleasure. We booked all our transfers, Rome by Night, a day tour to Anzio and surrounds, a Rome day to tour new places we wanted to discover, and more! We had Enrico and Franco, the best! We then booked during our cruise, had a fabulous day and a half tour with Luca in Messina surroundings plus a phenomenal day with Alex in Sorrento, who was our translator as well for a family meet. As always, on time and efficient, we had full days with immediate easy access everywhere we went, and again, after all these years, so very pleased.

Back from 5 days in Rome with a 10 day cruise, all Italian ports booked with Romeinlimo and after many years of using their services we consider them the best of the best for quality of service, professionalism, and a pleasure. We booked all our transfers, Rome by Night, a day tour to Anzio and surrounds, a Rome day to tour new places we wanted to discover, and more! We had Enrico and Franco, the best! We then booked during our cruise, had a fabulous day and a half tour with Luca in Messina surroundings plus a phenomenal day with Alex in Sorrento, who was our translator as well for a family meet. As always, on time and efficient, we had full days with immediate easy access everywhere we went, and again, after all these years, so very pleased.

Enrico IS amazing....he was wonderful on our last visit to Rome....we had a list of "off the beaten trail" sites we wanted to see and he managed to get us to every one of them and more.... he is so much more than just a driver.....

Enrico from Romeinlimo introduced us to all the little spots and foods we would otherwise never find, and we had actually met two years earlier on two RIL tours-he remembered everything about our time and my sister, who was my travel buddy. We were on multiple Roots tours then and RIL helped us complete our goals!

We used RIL for a Vatican tour and it is still one of the highlights in our lives. Our driver got our tickets for us and we passed the waiting line. He then set us up with a Vatican tour guide who, coincidentally, was named Mary. She was amazing. I thought I knew a lot about the Vatican but Mary taught me a lot more. I still look at our pictures. I would do it again.

We used Rome in Limo 3 times on our last trip. Once for transport from Rome to the port, once for a tour of the Amalfi Coast, and once for transport from the port back to Rome.

The transports were great, on time and a comfortable van. We even had multiple pick up/drop off points and were accommodated beautifully. The vehicles are wonderful and the staff are consummate professionals. I highly recommend them.

Our tour of the Amalfi Coast which included Ravello, Amalfi and Positano was nothing short of the best day of our 2 week adventure. Giovanni was our guide and he was nothing short of amazing!! He knows just how to make it a great day for the group he has in his van. And the lunch we had in Positano was beyond any expectations!

I would use Rome in Limo again and again (and I have!) and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone! They are phenomenal!!

We used RIL on our June 17 SotS Cruise. Claudio was wonderful. He picked us up at port and took us for a wonderful days in Rome. Our 9-year old fell asleep in the wonderful minivan and he even offered to watch him so I wouldn't miss the Catacombs (I didn't take him up on it, but it was so nice of him to offer).

I couldn't have asked for a better guide!

I used previous RIL recommendations from Cruise Critic and can't be happier. I began conversing with Jany a year earlier than our trip and am extremely pleased with all of the prompt and timely help Jany provided. Any time I had a question (and I had many as this was our first time to Europe), Jany was so wonderful with help and responses.

We did two days with RIL before our cruises and cannot say enough wonderful things about them. We were so lucky to have Enrico for both days. As mentioned by others, he took us to others spots not typically seen by people like the Orange Grove and the Hidden Keyhole!!

He arranged an authentic Italian lunch stop for us which was amazing.

We also opted for the private your guides, which I am so glad we did!! Our first day was in Rome and our second day was supposed to include Sorrento and Pompeii. We decided against Sorrento which as we found out through Enrico it was a good choice as the highway was backed up and we would have never made it in time to see Pompeii!!

RIL truly was wonderful in ensuring we saw all of the highlights of our locations and little extras. I consider Enrico to be more than a driver as he also provided us with a well of knowledge about Italy!!

Highly recommend Rome In Limo!!

I just returned from a Princess Mediteranean Cruise. I used Rome in Limo . Rome in Limo provided a great service in a very limited time . I had been to rome before and I knew it was HUGE and HOT and CROWDED and we would not be able to see much in the limited time we had. I had booked a Rome in Limo ride sharing so there were 7 other people who joined me from the ship. The van was spacious for all and air conditioned which was a blessing in the heat. ensuring we all stayed together so as not to get lost is like herding cats.

Our driver was very knowledgable regarding the history and the architecture and the classical perspective of roman culture. He also knew where to take us for bathroom breaks!

the ride from the port is long and depending on traffic it really eats into your tour time.

We chose not to go in to the colosseum but looked around at the outside. The fountain of Trevi was beautiful. I like the explanation of why it was so important.

it is a challenge to see some of the structures sitting in the back seats of the van, I would suggest get a van with windows on the roof! The person sitting in front gets the best view.

We stopped at the spanish steps and got out walked up and down the steps took a few million photos and then on to the next spot wich was a market shopping area where a number of people had lunch. I explored the shops. Some prices were high and I heard leather is less expensive in Florence. One little purse was over 100 euros it looked good but I actually purchased a nicer bag in Amalfi ( more expensive but unique and beautiful.)

The highlight for me was the vatican and sistine chapel. Our guide was brilliant. I would suggest you spend the extra money for a guide. It was the best! He was an archeologist who taught at the University and honestly he know so much about each room in the vatican and the maps ( da vinci) and the sculpures and the marble and omg I could have spent a week with him! He navigated us though the crowds to see key elements.

I was disapointed about how small michelangelos creation painting was . I was expecting something huge. Live and learn. The pieta was lovely.

We had to get our tickets through Rome in Limo because when we tried on our own they were all sold out. Of course they were a little more expensive but it all worked our well. espeically because the guide could get us in quickly and we did not have to deal with waiting.

NOTE each component of the trip you pay separately. The Guide , the tickets to the Vatican, and to the Rome in limo driver.

The drive back to the port was not too much traffic. we returned in plenty of time.

Yes I would reccomend Rome in Limo.

We have booked RomeInLimo for all three of our Italy stops - and everything I have read about them has been top-notch. They have suggested that we use a private guide on our tour of the Vatican at a cost of 150 Euros. Just wondering if anyone has used the private guide provided/suggested by RomeInLimo and either glad they did or thought it was a waste of money. Perhaps others have used private guides through other tour services as well - perhaps they can comment on this question as well.
  • Like 1

My family of eight, including teenagers, experienced a fabulous port day of "Rome on our Own" through Rome in Limo because of the excellent services of the Rome in Limo guide, Giovanni. He took my customized list of sites and went out of his way to provide us with an amazing cruise port tour from the requests. We had been to the traditional main sites three years prior and wanted something a little different this time. Giovanni's knowledge of Rome and the expertise in navigating and sharing details made our time in Rome fascinating. I can't say enough great things about how memorable our day in Rome turned out because of Giovanni. We enjoyed wonderful pizza and gelato based on his recommendations too. We were a large group with different ages and Giovanni made it interesting for everyone. If you want a fabulous day in Rome I would highly recommend Giovanni through Rome in Limo! You will be so pleased!

• 2 weeks later...

We used RIL to tour Rome Highlights on our Symphoyof the Seas cruise July 1st. We are so glad we read all the great advice from cruise critic message boards. We had a family of 5 ranging from 18 years old to age 68. Pierre our driver met us as expected right at our ship. He took us to all the major sights of Rome and gave us a little history of each. The colliseum, Parthenon, Spanish steps, Trevi fountain etc. we had a lovely lunch sitting outside and then on to the Vatican. We had booked 2pm Vatican tickets and decided to also book a guide. Our guide Massimo met us at the car and wisked us right inside handling our tickets for us and led us thru showing us all the important stuff. We would have been bumbling about without his guidance. My mother in law was the only one who had been before, but it had been in a large group on a tour bus when she visited Italy on a land based trip a few years ago. She said she didn't see half of what we saw on our trip. The big buses just can't get you that close to the sights and the personalized service we got was amazing. I cannot recommend Rome in Limo enough. It was worth every penny! I hope to have time soon to review my entire trip. I cannot thank those on cruise critic enough for their recommendations.

We recently used RIL again for our cruise stop in Florence. Raffaele picked us up promptly when we got off the ship. He first took us to Volterra, Giving us great information all along the way. He gave us just the perfect amount of time to explore. Then it was off to San Gimignano for lunch and wine tasting in the vineyard at Tenuta Torciano. It was an incredible experience: homemade Italian meal with tasting of 12 different incredible wines, Set in a gazebo in the vineyard.

From there we went to the town of San Gimignano, we are again We had the appropriate amount of time to see the town and get delicious tasting gelato. Drop off and pick up at every location was easy and non-stressful. We completely enjoyed our day in Tuscany, and knew that Rome in limo would handle all the details perfectly. Thank you too Raffaele For helping to make our day so wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked a tour with Rome In Limo based on reviews on Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. Our tour guide/driver for the day was Enrico. He was FABULOUS!! He not only showed us the major sights, he took us to some of the "roads less traveled" that were less crowded and very interesting. He picked us up in a black Mercedes sedan at the Civitaveccia Port right where we got off of the cruise ship (Celebrity Constellation July 2018). At lunch, he suggested a great little spot, again in a less touristy area, that had fantastic food (Ai Spaghettari). We visited the Vatican and Sistine Chapel after lunch with Massimo as our tour guide. He too was FANTASTIC!!! Given our limited time, he provided a lot of great information in a short period of time and gave a very thorough tour. He was quite entertaining as well. Enrico picked us back up at the Vatican and whisked us back to our ship in enough time that we didn't feel rushed or nervous that we would miss the ship. I have to say that this was MUCH better than any ship based mass excursion. In the one short day that we had to see Rome, I felt like Enrico gave us a great overview. Had we been on a ship excursion we would NEVER have gotten to see half of what we saw.