Pictures of Chef's Table

zahav1

The Chef's Table is something to try at least once.

Main course was Trio of beef, veal and Venison tenderloin on medival spiked flambe , wild berry sauce, bearnaise sauce and cafe de paris butter. Chive mash potatoes with baby corn, grilled asparagus and charred cherry tomatoes.

The dessert is a tier of sugared tower, baked chocolate lava pudding and vanilla ice cream with raspberries sauce.

They served 4 appetizers in the galley with the champagne and another wine, had a sorbet, after entree they also served cheese, nuts breads and there was a second dessert with coffee.

I think we must have had 5 different wines.

Couple questions, please...

1. Is it still $75 per person?

2. What night and time do they usually hold this?

3. How long was the entire tour and dinner?

4. How many people do they max out for this dinner?

5. Does it need to be reserved as soon as you board? Call Dining?

6. I would guess it is formal?

Thank you so much. This looks very interesting. Kind of weighing this against Ultimate Balcony Dining which we did last year and LOVED!

PS: Where are the pictures you talk of in the subject header?

We did Chef's Table on the March 12 Sapphire Princess. The menu was very similar to what the OP described. It was outstanding and well worth the price we paid.

1. We paid $75 for me and $60 for DH because he didn't drink any champagne or wine.
  2. Our Chef's Table was on Tuesday night on a 7 day Sat.-Sat. Mexico cruise. There was another Chef's Table which I think was on Wed.
  3. We started at 7 pm and were probably done by 9:45 pm or so.
  4. Our Chef's Table was 10 people, so a max of 20 counting the second Chef's Table.
  5. We boarded early and called immediately upon walking into our room, probably around 11:45 am. We were told that the 20 spots were taken by 12:25 pm on embarkation day. The Maitre D' (Ignacio) said that he did it first come, first served.
  6. Ours was on a Smart Casual night and everyone came in Smart Casual attire. Shorts are prohibited and you must wear closed toed shoes.

Couple questions, please...

1. Is it still $75 per person? Yes

2. What night and time do they usually hold this? 6PM or so on a sea day

3. How long was the entire tour and dinner? about 3 hours

4. How many people do they max out for this dinner? I believe 10 or 12

5. Does it need to be reserved as soon as you board? Call Dining? DINE lineASAP

6. I would guess it is formal? No smart casual

Thank you so much. This looks very interesting. Kind of weighing this against Ultimate Balcony Dining which we did last year and LOVED!

PS: Where are the pictures you talk of in the subject header?

I have attached our pictures and a copy of the menu

Bon Appetit!!

IMG_6974.jpg.95001be6d2ca5359a9803644f1a42951.jpg

IMG_6976.jpg.07a61def772b3b7c61c7309936be42cc.jpg

IMG_6978.jpg.9b1648c1946d789c2faeb7f44debcca3.jpg

IMG_6984.jpg.8108f987777de3942d0a980af8668ff6.jpg

IMG_6989.jpg.bc0b1e4d33daf728bb00392ba7c23fc4.jpg

chefstable.pdf

SJG,

Those pictures look great.

The only reason I am apprehensive about doing the Chef's table is that I am rather shy/quiet, so I don't normally mingle at a big table with other cruisers that I would be meeting for the first time.

Also hoping to avoid bringing any formal wear. It would be great if we got a smart casual night but I know that is not always possible.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I wasn't all that impressed with the food at the Chef's Table. The experience was wonderful, but I didn't like most of the food. I'm very used to eating gourmet food and like nearly everything, but I thought most of the Chef's Table food did not taste good. Since I don't drink alcohol, the price was $60 so I'm glad I got to pay less because I didn't eat much at all. Although the meat looked good while it was being flambed, it was overcooked and tough. The service, on the other hand, was fabulous and we were treated like royalty. Nobody in our group dressed formally, but did dress like you would to a very nice restaurant. I enjoyed dinner at the Crown Grill far more and it cost alot less! JMHO.

I've enjoyed the Chef's Table immensely both times I've tried it. Here's some photos...

From our Sea Princess cruise to Alaska last year...

From our Crown Princess New Year's cruise a few months ago...

... It was outstanding and well worth the price we paid.

1. We paid $75 for me and $60 for DH because he didn't drink any champagne or wine...

Thank you for clarifying that. It is a question many of us shared

5457077069_5a29a238c9.jpg

5457688554_5f53e7c140.jpg

5457691210_eddbb6f5db.jpg

5457692140_d32cbe530e.jpg

These are some pictures of our Chef's Table last month on the Golden. One thing that did surprise me is they didn't seem to care about open toe shoes. I saw that one of our dinner party was wearing sandles. I asked the MD, not because I was being nosy, but rather I had just ran back to the cabin and got some close toe shoes for my DW. MD told me that open toe shoes wern't a problem. Make sure you sign up as soon as you get onboard. They did three CT's on our 14 day cruise, but the spots filled up fast.....

Bob

5457077069_5a29a238c9.jpg

5457688554_5f53e7c140.jpg

5457691210_eddbb6f5db.jpg

5457692140_d32cbe530e.jpg

These are some pictures of our Chef's Table last month on the Golden. One thing that did surprise me is they didn't seem to care about open toe shoes. I saw that one of our dinner party was wearing sandles. I asked the MD, not because I was being nosy, but rather I had just ran back to the cabin and got some close toe shoes for my DW. MD told me that open toe shoes wern't a problem. Make sure you sign up as soon as you get onboard. They did three CT's on our 14 day cruise, but the spots filled up fast.....

Bob

How did you attach these larger photos, I've tried everything from saving into different files, etc, reducing, and still were too big.

How did you attach these larger photos, I've tried everything from saving into different files, etc, reducing, and still were too big.

Don't attach... cut and paste the photos. That's what I used to do until Flickr started producing BBCode for sharing pics. :)

Archived