Are all hot tubs now "warm" tubs"?

hubofhockey

Just back from our cruise on the Magic. There were positives and negatives. We hadn't been on Carnival since 2008 and one of the biggest differences I noticed was the temperature in the hot tubs. Those things were lukewarm at best. It was a bit of a disappointment. But we had a spa room and were able to use the T Pool, which is really a huge hot tub with mineral water. So, that's what we used. But I guess I am confused about the situation with hot tubs not being hot anymore. Is this new? Is it the same on all ships?

This is from the FAQ, not sure how closely its monitored on each ship

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2011/04/14/what-is-the-water-temperature-of-the-pool-in-the-spa.aspx

What is the water temperature of the pool in the spa?

There may be 3 types of pools on a ship:

Outside pool – on average about 85.46 degrees Fahrenheit (29.7 degrees Celsius)

Inside pool – on average about 86 degrees Fahrenheit (30 degrees Celsius)

Jacuzzi – on average about 93.2 - 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit (34 - 38 degrees Celsius)

We only used the hot tubs on the serenity deck on the Ecstasy, but they were pretty hot. There were always lots of kids on the other 2 on the lido deck, so I am guessing they might not have been as hot? We never tried them as the 2 on the serenity deck had a great view at the back of the ship.

Just back from our cruise on the Magic. There were positives and negatives. We hadn't been on Carnival since 2008 and one of the biggest differences I noticed was the temperature in the hot tubs. Those things were lukewarm at best. It was a bit of a disappointment. But we had a spa room and were able to use the T Pool, which is really a huge hot tub with mineral water. So, that's what we used. But I guess I am confused about the situation with hot tubs not being hot anymore. Is this new? Is it the same on all ships?

sometimes the thallasso pool on the Dream left like it was only 80 degrees. Never thought it as being overly hot at any time. Yes I think the spa pools/hot tubs are all kept at lower temperatures most likely for liability purposes.

I don't understand why they Force us to have lower temps on a "hot" tub just because parents aren't keeping their kids out of them. I can promise you I would never allow my son to be in one. And I never would expect them to lower the temp so he can use them. IMHO that's what the pools are for.

sometimes the thallasso pool on the Dream left like it was only 80 degrees. Never thought it as being overly hot at any time. Yes I think the spa pools/hot tubs are all kept at lower temperatures most likely for liability purposes.

For the most part on the Magic, the T pool was hot. One or two times, we had to ask them to turn up the temperature.

The regular hot tubs were disappointments. Our last Carnival cruise was in 2008 and the hot tubs near the pools were always hot. I don't understand the draw to them if they're just little pools with moving lukewarm water.

That's one thing that I stay out of. Warm or hot it's nothing more than a cauldron of bacteria.

This is unfortunately true. Twice my teenagers have come home with skin conditions that their doctor directly attributed to the communal hot tubs.

They really need to chlorinate them better or something...

I thought kids were not suppose to use the hot tubs.

signs will say no kids- it is not enforced,

Pools are way to cold sometimes- that is why they will be in the hot tubs.

I LOVE the ships that have the hot tubs in the gym/spa area

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2011/04/14/what-is-the-water-temperature-of-the-pool-in-the-spa.aspx

Jacuzzi – on average about 93.2 - 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit (34 - 38 degrees Celsius)

how is this even possible since the pools are not heated-- and they take the water directly our of the ocean- what about cruises from New York, NJ or Baltimore- especially in the winter

Cold for a Jacuzzi. Ours at home stays at 104 degrees which I was told was fairly warm as the new ones have a govenor that is set at 105 (what the spa people told me when we got the new spa). On economy our tub goes to 100 and I think that's too cold. Altho I can see keeping it low as the expense to heat it goes up exponentially by the degree.

how is this even possible since the pools are not heated-- and they take the water directly our of the ocean- what about cruises from New York, NJ or Baltimore- especially in the winter

Its says on avg, Ive never really checked the pool temps, because Im not a pool person.

But even if you just get a glass of water on the lido deck and leave it on the table, it will get warm all on its own..no extra heating element needed.

Archived