Ve-dam MDR Menu for Bermuda

Palm Beacher

Something I like about the menus is the fact that the portions are fairly small so I don't feel bad ordering something from every course. Overall, I thought the food was "as advertised"

I had:

lamb on Monday "A"

S& S Shrimp on Tuesday "B" some had short ribs and liked them

Steak off main menu on Wednesday because nothing was appealing.

Turkey on Thursday "A" very good and real turkey

Surf & Surf on Friday-2 lobster tails instead of steak and lobster-very tender.

Saturday we ate in the Pinnacle and food was wonderful. Had the Spicy Chi Coconut soup and the lamb again.

I'm not a big dessert fan but there were enough selections that I think people will be satisfied.

Catherine

Catherine,

Thank you so much! The menus are exacting what I'm looking for. Now I can decide which nights to dine in the Pinnacle Grill.

I highly recommend that you book the Pinnacle online and soon. We only booked Saturday online and on Monday of cruise tried to book Tuesday or Wednesday and found out that they were booked solid for the whole week.

I can also highly recommend the shore excursion "Famous Homes and Hideaways Cruise on Thursday. We took it last year and again this year. Wonderful way to see the homes from the water and get a very interesting commentary.

Catherine

I just read the first 3 menus aloud to my husband :) Looking forward to testing out as many dishes as I can. Can I order more than one entree? Don't know if I will - just curious.

Yes, you can. That's how we got the short ribs-we all ordered a main course and then asked for the short ribs to share

Catherine

I had asked this question in the other Veendam thread, but never received an answer to it.

That last dinner on the Veendam, the Master Chef's International Dinner, that menu was given out? When we were on the first cruise to Bermuda this year on the Veendam, the last dinner menu was not that whatsoever.

The menu was the same format as the other nights in the MDR. FYI, we had Fixed Seating Late, in case that matters.

Really trying to figure out how to get that menu on our next cruise on the Veendam. Either they didn't have it on our cruise or our server didn't give it to us.

The Master Chef's International Menu is new. It is just being introduced on the ships.

You probably missed it by a week or two.

Crap, figures...

We were on the April 22nd sailing (HAL's first cruise to Bermuda this season) and never saw that. innlady1 had it on the May 6th sailing and it seems you're right, we did miss it by a week or two...

But! We'll be back on it next month, so we'll be sure to make up for the lost opportunity! ;)

Also, that menu is open to all in the MDR on the last night? Do you have to specifically request it or other?

I had asked this question in the other Veendam thread, but never received an answer to it.

That last dinner on the Veendam, the Master Chef's International Dinner, that menu was given out? When we were on the first cruise to Bermuda this year on the Veendam, the last dinner menu was not that whatsoever.

The menu was the same format as the other nights in the MDR. FYI, we had Fixed Seating Late, in case that matters.

Really trying to figure out how to get that menu on our next cruise on the Veendam. Either they didn't have it on our cruise or our server didn't give it to us.

Ours wasn't either...on the May 6 cruise. We went to Pinnacle that night so I'm not sure of specifics.

We were on the same sailing as innlady, and indeed the Master Chef's menu was given out.

I had the Guiso soup and it was fantastic...also had the duck (my son challenged me to order it...he loves duck!) which was very good as well.

My husband had the beef dish and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Also, that menu is open to all in the MDR on the last night? Do you have to specifically request it or other?

The International Master Chef's Dinner menu is now the only menu available in the dining room on the last night. The choices are take it, or leave it.

My DH looked at the International menu when it was posted on another thread. He is not a picky eater but even he didn't like the limited choices.

Why can't HAL have an ordinary menu just like other nights?

It looks like 4 appetizers, 4 soups and 8 entrees on this menu. The ordinary menus normally seem to be 4 appetizers, 3 soups and 7 entrees. People may not like some of the choices, but there actually seems to be more of them on this menu. Am I misreading the Master Chef's International Dinner menu?

I will always find something appealing, but I love to see the menus in advance. It helps us pick the best night to visit a specialty restaurant. Thanks cruisingxpert.

Archived