Self-Service Laundry on Celebrity Ships

Allis154

What do you think of Self-Service Laundry on Celebrity Ships?  

411 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Self-Service Laundry on Celebrity Ships?

• Would LOVE a self-service laundry! Would use it all the time!
    • Having the option of a self-service laundry would be great!
    • Doesn't matter to me if there is a self-service laundry.
    • NO WAY! NO HOW! I would RIOT if there was EVER a self-service laundry on a Celebrity Ship!

Given the heated discussion on self-service laundry, I thought a poll would be interesting (and was the subject of the original post).

So, here are the questions:

1. Would LOVE a self-service laundry! Would use it all the time!

2. Having the option of a self-service laundry would be great!

3. Doesn't matter to me if there is a self-service laundry

4. NO WAY! NO HOW! I would RIOT if there was EVER a self-service laundry on a Celebrity Ship!

Please, keep from flaming and insulting anybody who posts or votes!

C'mon -- if you're going to make a poll, make a fairly worded one --

While I would choose something like "I'm happy with the situation as it is now with no self-serve lauddry", I would never RIOT for anything and would have a hard time choosing that option. Sorry, but your poll will be meaningless with such choices.

I am afraid I had to vote for the last option because the poll was so biased towards wanting a laundry on board.

Personally, having experienced the self-service laundry on Azamara, I would prefer not to have them on board but I would never bicot Celebrity if they did. Unfortunately, the laundry on Azamara, although having some positives, just brought out the worst in some people and it is therefore probably better not to have them.

Sue

While I would choose something like "I'm happy with the situation as it is now with no self-serve lauddry", I would never RIOT for anything and would have a hard time choosing that option. Sorry, but your poll will be meaningless with such choices.

I think the OP is reacting to the very strong opinions expressed on this subject. Option three would seem to cover those who don't want to use a laundry, option four is for those who feel a self serve laundry would ruin their cruise. Since it is doubtful that Celebrity will ever put in passenger laundries it is a fairly meaningless poll, so I suspect he/she is just having a bit of fun with the categories.

I intended the poll to insert some light-heartedness to what has become a very heated, vehement and sometimes nasty discussion. I wouldn’t expect anybody to riot over this and more then I would expect someone to spend all their time in the laundry.

Perhaps you should post your own poll with what you consider acceptable answers.

I think the OP is reacting to the very strong opinions expressed on this subject. Option three would seem to cover those who don't want to use a laundry, option four is for those who feel a self serve laundry would ruin their cruise. Since it is doubtful that Celebrity will ever put in passenger laundries it is a fairly meaningless poll, so I suspect he/she is just having a bit of fun with the categories.

:)

Given the heated discussion on self-service laundry, I thought a poll would be interesting (and was the subject of the original post).

4. NO WAY! NO HOW! I would RIOT if there was EVER a self-service laundry on a Celebrity Ship!

Allis154, thank you for setting up the Poll.:)

I don't do laundry at home, so wouldn't do it on board either. While I wouldn't riot, I'd rather not have the refit cost. to provide this to others., or the loss if a n interior cabin in each deck(hey, might add a penny to the cost if ny Martini!:D). But, if they add the self service laundry, I wouldn't grab a pitchfork, either.

Andrew

Self service laundry room would be great to just iron a few things that are wrinkled.

Perhaps you should post your own poll with what you consider acceptable answers.

Sure, and I'll follow your lead:

1) I'm OK having fanatical self service laundry advocates on board my cruise as long as they keep their distance.

2) I would toss overboard any self service laundry advocate I see lurking in the hallways.

3) I would vandalize all self service laundry areas if Celebrity had a momentary lapse of corporate sense and installed those worthless facilities.

4) Only cheapskates do their own laundry.

This is a totally unbiased poll, but the way. It is NOT stacked in favor of any specific agenda, no matter what you may believe. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.) :D

My thoughts exactly.

I don't do laundry at home, so wouldn't do it on board either. While I wouldn't riot, I'd rather not have the refit cost.

Andrew

I do not believe Celebrity would mail you an invoice for the cost of adding a laundry feature any more than any other improvement or maintence cost they incurre on their fleet. :rolleyes::p

This poll is a new low. The OP presents his poll in a biased way (see choice #4) and then tells us not to flame and insult anybody who posts or votes! If you wanted no flaming you should have kept your bias out of the choices!!! :(

Like other people, I won't participate in a poll that is skewed towards a specific result.

Actually, I'm in category 3...don't really care if there is or isn't....may or may not use it..

However, I don't see where having one or two self-service laundry areas on a ship would be a big deal...most people wouldn't use it anyway?

This poll is a new low. The OP presents his poll in a biased way (see choice #4) and then tells us not to flame and insult anybody who posts or votes! If you wanted no flaming you should have kept your bias out of the choices!!! :(

Like other people, I won't participate in a poll that is skewed towards a specific result.

You are correct the wording is bias. However, those who believe that should vote #4 so that the desired response won't be realized. A rejection would send a message.

Actually, I'm in category 3...don't really care if there is or isn't....may or may not use it..

However, I don't see where having one or two self-service laundry areas on a ship would be a big deal...most people wouldn't use it anyway?

I think for the majority of us, it's not the inclusion of laundry facilities that we find bothersome, but the incessant whining by those who insist that they MUST have their way and have the facilities available, and relentlessly criticize the cruise line if they don't put them in. Celebrity has made a decision to not have them. The whiners should have the maturity to realize that fact and quit their annoying complaints. They should simply find a cruise line that meets their laundry needs and leave the rest of us in peace. I personally can't figure out why people would spend good money on a cruise line that doesn't meet their needs and then proceed to complain about it. Intelligent people would only purchase a product that they are satisfied with, not buy it and then complain that it isn't good enough.

I just find it bizarre that this topic generates such heated discussion and frankly snarkiness on both sides of the topic. I can't think of any other CC board (at least of the ones that I read) where this topic is even an issue.

I cruise with my DH and kids and have used self service laundry many, many times on Princess and once on Cunard -- always without any problems or issues. But I don't for one moment think that there is any chance of Celebrity installing self service laundry. I just take it into account when I cruise on Celebrity that there won't be any self service laundry. For me it's a nice option when available but doesn't weigh in my choice of cruise.

When I originally requested someone to post a poll on this, I suggested the following two options:

1. I would like Celebrity to offer a Self-service laundry in future.

2. I would not like Celebrity to offer a Self-service laundry in future.

While I feel that the above is the best way to word it, I do not think that the poll posted by the OP is too far off this. Points 1 and 2 of his/her poll correspond to point 1 of mine and Points 3 and 4 of the poll correspond to Point 2 of mine.

So I don't know why some feel it is skewed. :confused:

When I originally requested someone to post a poll on this, I suggested the following two options:

1. I would like Celebrity to offer a Self-service laundry in future.

2. I would not like Celebrity to offer a Self-service laundry in future.

While I feel that the above is the best way to word it, I do not think that the poll posted by the OP is too far off this. Points 1 and 2 of his/her poll correspond to point 1 of mine and Points 3 and 4 of the poll correspond to Point 2 of mine.

So I don't know why some feel it is skewed. :confused:

Your questions are fine. Took a course about 45 years ago that included a section on polling. One of the most important elements of a good poll is that the wording is free from bias. Yous is, the other isn't. Simple as that!

I think for the majority of us, it's not the inclusion of laundry facilities that we find bothersome, but the incessant whining by those who insist that they MUST have their way and have the facilities available, and relentlessly criticize the cruise line if they don't put them in. Celebrity has made a decision to not have them. The whiners should have the maturity to realize that fact and quit their annoying complaints. They should simply find a cruise line that meets their laundry needs and leave the rest of us in peace. I personally can't figure out why people would spend good money on a cruise line that doesn't meet their needs and then proceed to complain about it. Intelligent people would only purchase a product that they are satisfied with, not buy it and then complain that it isn't good enough.

You miss the point entirely. It has nothing to do with whingeing and whining. It is simply providing feedback of what some would like to see. Interesting to note that Adam Goldstein (RCI President) has just recently stated that RCCL has made certain changes as a direct result of passenger feedback (see link):

http://www.*****.com/2012/10/04/more-panama-canal-cruises-and-gluten-free-beer-coming-royal-caribbean

Unfortunately your perfect world does not exist - there are times that people do indeed purchase products that they later find they are not happy with. That also is not the point.

The point is that we are all entitled to express our views and provide feedback to the cruiselines.

i think for the majority of us, it's not the inclusion of laundry facilities that we find bothersome, but the incessant whining by those who insist that they must have their way and have the facilities available, and relentlessly criticize the cruise line if they don't put them in. Celebrity has made a decision to not have them. The whiners should have the maturity to realize that fact and quit their annoying complaints. they should simply find a cruise line that meets their laundry needs and leave the rest of us in peace. i personally can't figure out why people would spend good money on a cruise line that doesn't meet their needs and then proceed to complain about it. Intelligent people would only purchase a product that they are satisfied with, not buy it and then complain that it isn't good enough.

amen!

Archived