on Dream -no passports

carlp

so what happends to the folks on the Dream taht don't have a passport?

do they wait, and come home with the ship?

No usually the American Embassy will provide them with a temporary passport to get home. Bet they get one before next time they cruise....

No usually the American Embassy will provide them with a temporary passport to get home. Bet they get one before next time they cruise....

I doubt that the Embassy will get involved, DHS will handle it when the passengers land at MCO.

They can't fly home without passport. What will happen is that they will have to stay on the island until it is sorted out (could be a few days). I would honestly rather be flying home. I doubt it that Carnival will be paying for their meals and hotel rooms if the ship leaves.

They can't fly home without passport. What will happen is that they will have to stay on the island until it is sorted out (could be a few days). I would honestly rather be flying home. I doubt it that Carnival will be paying for their meals and hotel rooms if the ship leaves.

sure they can.

No force field will prevent them from getting on a plane. No magic tractor beam will keep the plane from flying.

They just go and CBP figures it out and handles it the way they handle these situations.

so what happends to the folks on the dream taht don't have a passport?

Do they wait, and come home with the ship?

-hi----no passport------you can board the ship without a passport---understand???

Yes they can. The CBP and State Department can waive passport requirements.

Of course they can.

Do you make this stuff up? Of course they can and will fly home with everyone else on the 30 planes it will take to get the passengers home.

From the Carnival web site:

Q: What are you doing to help passengers without passports?

We have already addressed this issue with the relevant authorities and the guests will not have an issue traveling without passports.

Kevin C

They wouldn't just be abandoned in a foreign country. :rolleyes:

Passports aren't required so the cruise line won't just leave all those people. And I would bet that if for some reason those without passports were held up, the cruise line would pay for hotels etc. But it doesnt matter since they will make special arrangements to make an exception for those people.

People act like you will be held hostage if you don't have a passport. No country wants you to stay forever. They want you to leave.

Do you make this stuff up? Of course they can and will fly home with everyone else on the 30 planes it will take to get the passengers home.

From the Carnival web site:

Q: What are you doing to help passengers without passports?

We have already addressed this issue with the relevant authorities and the guests will not have an issue traveling without passports.

Kevin C

I was in the other thread, and I think a lot of members are mad that these passangers are being allowed to fly home without passports. Almost as if they are taking it personal. :rolleyes:

I was in the other thread, and I think a lot of members are mad that these passangers are being allowed to fly home without passports. Almost as if they are taking it personal. :rolleyes:

I think they are mad that they spent over $100 for something you don't need, are td you don't need, wasn't a problem with the Triumph, and won't be a problem here.

I haven't read that but if that's true that's pathetic. And I would assume that is because some like to try to scare people into getting passports by telling them they will never be able to get home if something happens. And multiple times now they have been proven wrong. I would guess that on any given sailing there are hundreds of people without passports. The cruise lines arent going to just abandon them. If it was really such a big deal passports would be required not just recommended. (and for the record I have a passport)

I was in the other thread, and I think a lot of members are mad that these passengers are being allowed to fly home without passports. Almost as if they are taking it personal. :rolleyes:

Unbelievable.

As someone else said though, it sure would not be a horrible thing to be stuck in St Maarten (my favorite place in the Caribbean)!

Kevin C

They wouldn't just be abandoned in a foreign country. :rolleyes:

No country wants you to stay forever. They want you to leave.

Very good point. St Maarten certainly wants your money, but if you are a non-resident, you can't enter the country without a round trip ticket, and even with that, you must leave the country within six months.

Kevin C

What happens if you don't have a passport is that if for some reason you need to return home mid cruise and it has nothing to do with the ship, you can't fly home. You have to wait until the ship returns to its homeport in the U.S. If you have a family emergency, business, etc., you can't get back mid cruise if you are at a foreign port.

Archived