NEW CD Schedule released 5/19/15

I'm still confused how they change CD mid cruise. There is a change on the Fantasy on 10/03. We are on that cruise and the cruise leaves 10/01.

They don't. They will bring one on to learn the ropes for one cruise so in essence there are two cruise directors at that time. Then at the end of that cruise one leaves and one stays

Thank you! Disappointed that Mike Pack will not be our CD for the Conquest in October. I hear he is really fantastic. Anyone know anything about James Charlton?

Good to know--we sail the Glory on November 28th--the day he is on.

THANKS for pointing this schedule out. I've been thinking about booking "Valor" again, but certainly didn't want to sail with Calvyn again. :mad: Looks like I'm safe from that! Guess I can book now. ;)

"SKY"

Thank you! Disappointed that Mike Pack will not be our CD for the Conquest in October. I hear he is really fantastic. Anyone know anything about James Charlton?

James is not my favorite nor my least favorite. He ranks number 6 in this order.

1: Calvyn

2: Steve

3: Cory

4: Jen

5: James Dunn (now an Entertainment Director)

6: James Charlton

7: Felipe

8: Butch (now a beard)

9: Jeff Bronson

I'm very disappointed John Heald is completely off the Legend for Alaska.

Sorry you are disappointed. This is why I never book a cruise based on the Cruise Director (especially with Heald) as the schedule constantly changes.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

Here is the link from John Heald for the newest CD schedule. Enjoy!

http://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ED-CD-Schedule-UPDATED-05-19-15.pdf

Thanks for sharing. Some quickie thoughts, worth about what you paid for them:

* My next cruises:

• Liberty, October - no changes; still Felipe. I've had him before and I'm fine with it.
  • Conquest, December - I thought it might be Mike Pack, but he's moved on to the Glory. Both the regular ED and CD get off the same day I get on, and both are listed as TBA. Why doesn't anybody like me? :confused: Is it my breath?? :(
  • Triumph, January '16 - The schedule doesn't go that far (only through December), but Kirk will have been the CD for at least three months prior. It's reasonably likely he'll hang out with us for another month. One odd thing I noticed about Mr. Benning's schedule is he takes about 6 weeks away from the Triumph starting in July to go to the Legend.

* I said elsewhere they weren't expanding they number of Entertainment Directors on their ships beyond what they had. Apparently they have decided to start expanding. The Conquest and Glory will get EDs in June, and the Magic will get one in July.

I'm very disappointed John Heald is completely off the Legend for Alaska.

I wonder if he is going to be a beard and work mostly from the UK. At one time, he did mention he was going to try to do as many of the Journeys cruises as he can. Perhaps he just wants to spend a little more time with his daughter which is totally understandable. They grow up so fast. Whatever he is doing, I wish him well.

Edited by kteachcruiser52

I wonder if he is going to be a beard and work mostly from the UK. At one time, he did mention he was going to try to do as many of the Journeys cruises as he can. Perhaps he just wants to spend a little more time with his daughter which is totally understandable. They grow up so fast. Whatever he is doing, I wish him well.

I do hope that is the case. That would be great for his daughter. I too wish him well. I just wanted to sail with him before he retired. But I am sure I will have a great time anyhow.

Dont think he will be doing much as CD anymore. He will do the longer cruises from time to time with someone else being CD and he will be there to introduce a few shows and spend time with guests.

Thinking he will be more of a corp spokesman in days to come

Dont think he will be doing much as CD anymore. He will do the longer cruises from time to time with someone else being CD and he will be there to introduce a few shows and spend time with guests.

Thinking he will be more of a corp spokesman in days to come

i think that may be why they made up the position of 'brand ambassador' specifically for him...

We're booked on the Freedom in FEB for the Bloggers Cruise 9. Wanted to make a Bloggers cruise for several years and just didn't work out. Wonder if this will be the last one?

I think he will continue with these, he loves the attention of his fans and think most people in his position would also, but he will not be the CD.

I read somewhere recently where he(JH) said that he was with Carnival for close to thirty years. I think that having a young child come along sort of late in life you would want to spend as much time seeing them grow up, as well as quality time with your spouse and other family. I think he has put in more than enough time as a CD, and senior CD. Also nice if he can take the occasionally journey trip mentioned or other special ones and keep his presence in the company, but I say give the guy a break. He has surely earned it IMO.

Ok..on to my next thing re this post. Going on Victory in October (at least I think I still can), has anyone heard or know anything about Robin Gardiner? I dont pick cruises based on CD, but have never been on a cruise where a CD was annoying enough to notice, but I dont cruise often, but read lots of reviews and have never heard him mentioned positively or negatively. so I am just curious.:)