NCL Jade-Hull, Enclosed or Cove Balconies

darkprayer

I've seen so many names for the metal enclosed balconies I figured I'd throw all the names out there. Hull, Enclosed or Cove whatever you call it!

Does anyone have a list of all the balconies that are considered enclosed? Does anyone know if 9514 is enclosed or has anyone been in one of these enclosed balconies on the JADE... care to share what room they were in so I can do a count to figure out if mine is one via a picture.

I've done about an hour research and can't figure it out. I rather know now before we go what suprises I got with my upgrade.

STILL very happy to have a bigger room and a balcony. I am not complaining. I just wanna know!

Thanks!

I'm surprised it doesn't tell you on the deck plans. Ours on the Gem was clearly marked as such on the invoice, so maybe if you do a faux booking and select that cabin number it will tell you? Anyway, we enjoyed having one on the Gem but all things considered prefer regular balconies. If there was a significant savings involved though we would sail in a hull balcony again.

I've seen so many names for the metal enclosed balconies I figured I'd throw all the names out there. Hull, Enclosed or Cove whatever you call it!

Does anyone have a list of all the balconies that are considered enclosed? Does anyone know if 9514 is enclosed or has anyone been in one of these enclosed balconies on the JADE... care to share what room they were in so I can do a count to figure out if mine is one via a picture.

I've done about an hour research and can't figure it out. I rather know now before we go what suprises I got with my upgrade.

STILL very happy to have a bigger room and a balcony. I am not complaining. I just wanna know!

Thanks!

I was in the same boat (ha!) a few years ago on the Jewel (same configuration as the Jade). We were booking a forward balcony (not guarantee) and wanted to be sure it was NOT a hull balcony. 10514 is what we had in mind. (Had it not been for Cruise Critic, I wouldn't have even known about the hull baclonies.) Shame on NCL for not showing on the deck plans which ones these are. Worse, even my fabulous PCC at the time said THEY don't have that info either. He was petty certain 10514 was not a hull balcony, but he emailed the ship and had someone go up there and confirm it was an open balcony (talk about great service!). We booked it, and I promised I'd send him a photo when we returned.

Here it is, and here's what you are looking at in the photo below of the portside of the Gem [the bow is to the left in the photo]: the guy sitting down is on the balcony of 10512; the shirtless guy below him is on Deck 9. You'll need to use something like the "drag the decks" feature on cruisedeckplans.com to see what cabin that shirtless guy is in.

I hope this was helpful.

Enjoy your cruise!

Jewel10514.jpg

(Forward portside of the NCL Jewel, by turtles06)

Well if the Jewel is exactly like the Jade the shirtless guy is in 9514!!! Thanks a ton for the help! This was extremely helpful!

I don't think that's correct. The decks are tiered like a wedding cake, so you can't line up the bows on the deck plans. Line up a fixed structure, like the forward elevators and stairs. Also, I think the Owners Suite has the first two hulls, then 4 more are hull balconies. It's quite possible that 9514 is the first non-hull balcony, though with a little bit of frame on the forward side. Enjoy! (And come back and tell us!)

We were in 9012 on the Jewel last April. If memory serves me correctly it was the last enclosed balcony. We had booked a GTY to save considerable money. At first I was really bummed, but being that far forward on the ship there were times we were actually glad we had the enclosure and it really didn't impede our view.

On the deck plans in the cruise brochure the cabins with the hull or as the brochure calls it Privasea or partially enclosed balconies that are on your deck are 9506,9508, 9510,9006,9008 and 9010.

Thanks so much for this info. What "cruise brochure" are you talking about -- something in print (that most folks don't have)? Unless I'm missing it, there's no designation on the NCL deck plans on line (e.g., link below) from which anyone can tell which balconies are enclosed. (I think most people planning a cruise use the internet as a resource. I've never seen a "cruise brochure.")

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/jade/deck-plans

Never heard the "Privasea" term before. What a euphemism for dressing up what many cruisers would avoid. :)

Interestingly, if you do a Google search for "NCL PrivaSea," you come up with a travel agent site that DOES disclose where the hull balconies are, but if you put "PrivaSea" into the search engine on NCL's own web site, you get nothing.

Fascinating. As I said in a comment above, NCL needs to identify these balconies on their own deck plans.

Thanks so much for this info. What "cruise brochure" are you talking about -- something in print (that most folks don't have)? Unless I'm missing it, there's no designation on the NCL deck plans on line (e.g., link below) from which anyone can tell which balconies are enclosed. (I think most people planning a cruise use the internet as a resource. I've never seen a "cruise brochure.")

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/jade/deck-plans

Never heard the "Privasea" term before. What a euphemism for dressing up what many cruisers would avoid. :)

Interestingly, if you do a Google search for "NCL PrivaSea," you come up with a travel agent site that DOES disclose where the hull balconies are, but if you put "PrivaSea" into the search engine on NCL's own web site, you get nothing.

Fascinating. As I said in a comment above, NCL needs to identify these balconies on their own deck plans.

The brochure is one probably on the NCL website but I had them mail me a hard copy. It is titled Norwegians Go Freestyle 2014-2016. It surprised me about the hull balconies having the alternate name. Confused me.